Baraclough Out

Bop

Credit where it's due, that was the first decent performance under the new manager and we deservedly grabbed a victory. Pearson and McDonald made a difference yesterday and the team had a shape that has been missing for the last 8 games. There was a hunger, determination and some skill that we've been crying out for all season. The assistant and the more experienced players talking and instructing throughout the game certainly helped. One swallow doesn't make a summer and the team must build on Saturday's encouraging performance by ending the season on a high.

• Like 2

Are they a well off club? Does it look as though he's looking to completely reshape the club as was reportedly his intention at Motherwell?

Strangly, the way it's worked out, there's been a fair bit of reshaping done with Baraclough as manager.

Are they a well off club? Does it look as though he's looking to completely reshape the club as was reportedly his intention at Motherwell?

Strangly, the way it's worked out, there's been a fair bit of reshaping done with Baraclough as manager.

the owner is a mutli-millionare who has a huge chain of bookies here

they get crowds like clyde

• 5 weeks later...

When he arrived, and right through most of that horrendous run of results I thought he'd get it right. I was just beginning to lose faith when it all turned good. I'm glad it has. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be too late. Must keep winning!

What's peoples thoughts now, has he changed opinions?

I really like the cut of his gib, positive strong character and he clearly has an eye for a player.

Happy days.

While I like Baraclough, a couple of things..

-he's been backed financially

-the two signings that really set the recent tone (McDonald and Pearson), his signings?

-we're still in 11th

Just playing devil's advocate...

While I like Baraclough, a couple of things..

-he's been backed financially

-the two signings that really set the recent tone (McDonald and Pearson), his signings?

-we're still in 11th

Just playing devil's advocate...

Agree with all of that but I'd also say Johnson and Erwin have both been influential and the signing of the former and confidence to play the latter are all Baraclough.

From what he said in interviews, he had contact with Skippy and Pearo during his time down south. Whether that counts as his signing or not I don't know.

A couple of thing that stand out for me though are that he is more willing to give our youngsters a chance, and he'll make subs or change tactics early enough in a game to make a difference. Was always going to take time for new signings to bed down - time will tell if it was soon enough.

Big addition is the assistant and the whole new training, nutrition and fitness set up. He was getting a lot wrong during the brutal run, now he is getting it right, but he still has 6 huge matches to save us from the play offs. He deserves credit for the recent form and will deserves a ton of plaudits if we finish 10th, 9th or 8th. The players have bought into the ethos of Baraclough and Robinson and are enjoying their football again. He deserved criticism and now he deserves plaudits.

• Like 2

Big addition is the assistant and the whole new training, nutrition and fitness set up. He was getting a lot wrong during the brutal run, now he is getting it right, but he still has 6 huge matches to save us from the play offs. He deserves credit for the recent form and will deserves a ton of plaudits if we finish 10th, 9th or 8th. The players have bought into the ethos of Baraclough and Robinson and are enjoying their football again. He deserved criticism and now he deserves plaudits.

Pretty much my thoughts too. I was quick to stick the boot in but he deserves credit for recent weeks, while i'm still not entirely convinced i'd love to be proved wrong.

What's peoples thoughts now, has he changed opinions?

I really like the cut of his gib, positive strong character and he clearly has an eye for a player.

Happy days.

Jury is still out on Baraclough.

We were 5 points clear of the play offs after the win against St. Mirren in December and the horrendous run afterwards under his charge might still put us down.

Certainly we've improved massively over the last month or so but it could be too late. Hopefully not, obviously, but it could be.

Saturday is massive because with Ross County playing St. Mirren I think we really need to get a win or we are overwhelming favourites for the play off place.

Whatever happens I think if we can perform at our recent level till the end of the season, then he deserves the chance to continue.

In fairness I don't think it was so much that he was getting much wrong, more that he had so much to try and put right, and was never going to manage everything in the first couple of months. It was always going to take time and i'm sure it was all worked through fairly methodically, and he knew where he felt he could have us a little bit further down the line than many fans were willing to look.

• Like 2

If McCall had the money to sign the players Barraclough has we wouldn't be near relegation.

We've added guys far better than the rest of the bottom six and to be fair to Barraclough he's got us playing to our strengths ie. ball into the final third and win the game there. No one outside the club knows what the budget is going to be like next season or what McManus, Lasley and Hammell will be able to contribute next season.

If he keeps us up he should start as the manager next season but the most important thing is the budget. If we're really aiming to be self sufficient he's fucked, if Les Hutchinson wants a plaything he'll look good. We're back at being at the mercy of a rich individual.

If McCall had the money to sign the players Barraclough has we wouldn't be near relegation.

We've added guys far better than the rest of the bottom six and to be fair to Barraclough he's got us playing to our strengths ie. ball into the final third and win the game there. No one outside the club knows what the budget is going to be like next season or what McManus, Lasley and Hammell will be able to contribute next season.

If he keeps us up he should start as the manager next season but the most important thing is the budget. If we're really aiming to be self sufficient he's fucked, if Les Hutchinson wants a plaything he'll look good. We're back at being at the mercy of a rich individual.

To be fair (and given I posted facts you could use to slate Baraclough, only fair I contribute to the other side)

-McCall had money to spend, not always wisely (Nielsen, Lawson, O'Brien, Ojaama, Vigurs, wages well spent this season?)

-Adding guys better than others? Pearson and McDonald only two with pedigree. A guy we brought from Kidderminster looks a player. Suggests that he wouldn't be outwith budgets of other sides. If he's better than what they signed on similar, then kudos to the manager..

-If we're aiming to be self sufficient, surely someone who'll play Erwin, Moore, Thomas and Watt is a manager we want...

• Like 1

Always said that he needed time, I for one am delighted that he's turned it around. The club has had a massive shake up much needed, I'm sure hat the new fitness guy and assistant have had a hand in our recent improvement to. Sure we will have a few more twists but hopefully we can escape the playoffs and look to new season with some optimism.

In my opinion players that have turned it around for us in the last few weeks

Ainsworth - I've been very critical of him in the past but when he wants to he can create something special. Baraclough has recognised that and said so.

Erwin - young boy raw talent but much more mobile than Sutton, Baraclough has had the bravery to stick by him when it would have been easy to drop him

McDonald - the missing piece has provided the experence and danger lacking before he came

Johnson - first winger we have had that can pass a man and deliver a ball in ages

Sutton - is he now a super sub Baracloughs handling of Sutton is outstanding and all credit to Sutton for the way he has performed since coming on from the subs bench rather that starting

Pearson - experence sharing the midfield with Lasley who was in my opinion being slaughtered here because he was trying to do everything and in the end was getting swamped

Law - recognising that he's a right back and leaving him there

• Like 2

I thought Baraclough was a goner early February so credit to him for overseeing the turnaround to date. The arrival of Robinson and McDonald have been instrumental.

At present, we are enjoyable to watch and not in danger of driving fans away which McCall's style ended up doing. We are fit and giving our youth products a chance. This addresses two key concerns from the previous regime.

The acid test though is to keep us in the league. Failure to do so would suggest that Baraclough was the right appointment at the wrong time.