Baraclough Out

Bop

Yes lets wait till after xmas for this debate. Hopefully we get some more players in during the window and start improving.

We could be stuck in a relegation battle by then or worse, cut adrift at the bottom.If we're in the bottom 2 after 8 games then we should be thinking about sacking him, the first 5 were always tricky looking but if we can't pick up a couple of wins in the next 3 then yes he can gtf.

21 points can be won before we play Celtic in October I believe. 10 or more would acceptable whatever order they arrive in, although I hoping to see us better than given the winnable looking nature of most of those games. Dundee looks the toughest in that run, altough I don't expect St.johnstone in Perth to be overly easy either. The Killie home game could start to look like a high pressure encounter.

I would agree with that.

I would also add that if we're still sitting on 3 points (and only scored 2 or 3 goals in total, it doesn't bear thinking about that we won't have scored another goal by then!) after the Killie game so many people's backs will be up (whether that's reasonable or not) that calls for the managers head could begin in earnest.

A number of good positive signings and fans were posting things looking good then after 3 games we get fans calling for the manager to go - how pathetic. Our team need to gel with the new signings and we should all remember we had a very bad season last year. What must the manager be thinking if he reads this thread.........

• 2 weeks later...

...... If he's reading this thread I hope he's thinking I better get my arse in gear or I'm gonna get the sack!

East Fife away and the shambles that is Kilmarnock at home next. Anything short of two wins and he's pretty much used up all of the good will the play off performances have earned him.

In before the lock!

Well if there's a mood for discussion amongst some over the issue then it seems reasonable to offer the platform, however premature that may appear to others. As long as someone can justify their opinion for or against, aren't being abusive and the hyperbole is kept to a minimum then why not.

And if it provides a central point for those indulging in that utterly cringeworthy 'Barrafraud' and 'Barraclown' patter then that surely can't be a bad thing.

Well if there's a mood for discussion amongst some over the issue then it seems reasonable to offer the platform, however premature that may appear to others. As long as someone can justify their opinion for or against, aren't being abusive and the hyperbole is kept to a minimum then why not.

And if it provides a central point for those indulging in that utterly cringeworthy 'Barrafraud' and 'Barraclown' patter then that surely can't be a bad thing.

I see what you did there.

FWIW no one needs to justify anything on here, it's a football forum for goodness sake.

The only thing cringeworthy is the fact that this thread was ever locked in the first place.

Football fans discussing an under performing manager getting the sack, whatever next.

Ok then...

Although it does seem to be you are actually agreeing with me in re-opening the thread. I don't know who shut it or why either FWIW.

And as for the justifying it comment, that would be as in offering an opinion as to why you feel the way do rather just saying he's shite, pants, crap or whatever. Kind of adds to the debate. Fairly obvious I would have thought.

For me the jury is still out ...just. What struck me yesterday at Perth was the number of moderate/usually reasonable/middle of the road fans who mentioned that Ian Baraclough's position was becoming very shaky indeed. For that reason, I think the thread should remain open. Whatever your view, this is a topical issue.

I see what you did there.

FWIW no one needs to justify anything on here, it's a football forum for goodness sake.

The only thing cringeworthy is the fact that this thread was ever locked in the first place.

Football fans discussing an under performing manager getting the sack, whatever next.

There where lots (me included ) wanted this thread closed after the play off games .How is that cringeworthy ?

There where lots (me included ) wanted this thread closed after the play off games .How is that cringeworthy ?

So if you don't agree with someone's opinion, then you should just remove their platform to voice it then? There's always the option not to read the thread and leave it to those who do want to discuss the manager's position.

The cringeworthy comment was aimed at Andy's thinly veiled dig at me for using the term "Baraclown".

So if you don't agree with someone's opinion, then you should just remove their platform to voice it then? There's always the option not to read the thread and leave it to those who do want to discuss the manager's position.

The cringeworthy comment was aimed at Andy's thinly veiled dig at me for using the term "Baraclown".

Im not disagreeing with you about opinions mate , that's what forums are all about .It was your cringeworthy comment .

Im not disagreeing with you about opinions mate , that's what forums are all about .It was your cringeworthy comment .

Which I hope I've explained.

It seems we all agree that there is room for discussion regarding Baraclough's future at the club.

Mine is actually a fairly moderate one, he has earned time to get things right by keeping us up. However, I don't think that extends to Christmas or even past the first round of fixtures irrespective of result or the difficult run we have had at the start of the season. We are a better team than we were this time last season, yes 100%, but there's something all too familiar about certain aspects of our game that I just don't like.

• Like 1

the guys has earned a bit of time due to his play off victory,and the fact that the club as a whole are going through a change but he needs to stop all the same after match guff that the fans don't want to hear the only thing the fans want to hear is the oppositions net bulging starting asap or some peoples opinion may change

Tbf to him it is a forum.

People have different opinions

& it's not a wild debate that some fans have seen past the rangers games to see it's not working

Wouldn't imagine anyone doesn't want it to work.

Nor think we're Barcelona & have a divine right to beat other teams in the league.

But some of the stats are just not good enough

Interesting to hear why people think it will improve

• Like 1

I personally think that it’s too soon to be calling for Baraclough’s head, however, if we lose to East Fife and Kilmarnock I can understand why there would be some murmurings within our support about his ability to deliver. Fans are rightly frustrated that In such a short time we have gone from being a regular top six side, to one who is battling at the wrong end of the table. However, having watched Motherwell since the 60s this situation is more common than many younger fans would care to imagine. I will give Baraclough until Christmas to see if him and his signings can start moving us in the right direction. If we are still struggling to win games and sitting adrift from the pack by then, I think some tough decisions will have to be made by the board. Fingers crossed it will not come to that.

In addition to the wins over Rangers, there were a couple of handsome wins over Accies and St Mirren and a 3-1 win over Kilmarnock with effectively what would be our first choice team this season (Ripley for Long and Fletcher for Erwin excepted). Obviously the absence of Pearson makes it difficult to replicate that team, but I suspect that these results (along with the Rangers games) have given Baraclough the idea that this team and these tactics could be successful.

The injury to Pearson is unfortunate as he's the one player in the squad that we don't appear to have a replacement for (although I would like Cadden to be given a shot there). You could argue that Baraclough was irresponsible or unwise to put his eggs in that one basket but a player of Pearson's quality is difficult for a side like us to have backup for.

Should he get more time? I think until he gets his first eleven fit again, then he deserves time. If results don't pick up then, obviously the answer may be different...

In addition to the wins over Rangers, there were a couple of handsome wins over Accies and St Mirren and a 3-1 win over Kilmarnock with effectively what would be our first choice team this season (Ripley for Long and Fletcher for Erwin excepted). Obviously the absence of Pearson makes it difficult to replicate that team, but I suspect that these results (along with the Rangers games) have given Baraclough the idea that this team and these tactics could be successful.

The injury to Pearson is unfortunate as he's the one player in the squad that we don't appear to have a replacement for (although I would like Cadden to be given a shot there). You could argue that Baraclough was irresponsible or unwise to put his eggs in that one basket but a player of Pearson's quality is difficult for a side like us to have backup for.

Should he get more time? I think until he gets his first eleven fit again, then he deserves time. If results don't pick up then, obviously the answer may be different...

He did try and sign Jackson Irvine, who would have performed that role, just couldn't get the deal done. Bolger was another one he went for who also seemed to be as capable at tackling as scoring long range goals. For whatever reason, he hasn't managed to get another strong midfielder in, but I reckon one will come in before the deadline.