Baraclough Out

Bop

Morton will have the opportunity to put another nail in Bara's coffin next week, however, no matter the outcome I still think we should give him until Christmas to turn it around. Although I do agree at this present time its not looking good for Bara and the people who appointed him.

Agree, it's definitely not looking good for him. I've been open minded with regards Baraclough however I think we're almost certainly at the point now where his position has to be being considered. It depends on just how short of his targets Baraclough is falling at the moment.

Either way it's difficult to see how he can turn things around. During his tenure despite some decent results I don't think there's really been a sustained period of good form that gives him enough credit in the bank so to speak. Even after his initial poor run it's always been a couple of good results followed by a couple of poor performances. In that regard even if the Morton and Thistle results go our way you there's a sense that it's just delaying the inevitable.

There's another international break coming up and if there's an obvious candidate that can come in and take the job on then I'd think that would probably be a decent opportunity to bring someone in.

If we lose to Morton and fail to beat Partick then I'm firmly in the out camp. The hoofball football and the lack of goals make watching us a chore.

Galling to think the money we're wasting on Jake Taylor and Craig Samson could have been used to pay him off if it comes to that.

Without being harsh to the guy, the time has some. It's a results driven business and that is something he has been shown unable to achieve. We badly need someone to steady the ship, someone who can make us difficult to beat first and foremost. An earlier post showed that in Baraclough's 15 away matches, we have had 0 draws (losing 12) which is a shocking statistic. Can't quite believe I'm saying it, but we are crying out for a Craig Brown/Tomy McLean figure back at the club

Losing to Morton and thistle is unthinkable in my eyes after today. Feel sorry for him but never since Malpass have I wanted a change. Wanted van Der gaag all along , hoped Barra would prove me wrong but not once did he get me enthused for the future not even the rangers games, they masked underlying issues..Just don't see a fight in the team at all under his stewardship. Nice guy but don't think that's what we need in a dressing room like ours

Without being harsh to the guy, the time has some. It's a results driven business and that is something he has been shown unable to achieve. We badly need someone to steady the ship, someone who can make us difficult to beat first and foremost. An earlier post showed that in Baraclough's 15 away matches, we have had 0 draws (losing 12) which is a shocking statistic. Can't quite believe I'm saying it, but we are crying out for a Craig Brown/Tomy McLean figure back at the club

The Happy Hamster hardly set things on fire when he first joined us as manager. It took him about 3 seasons. Should we have got rid of him at a similar point in his first season?

I'm afraid I'm leaning with the out crowd, but only because of results rather than not liking the man himself. With all the changes he's brought about it's now down to him not getting results from the players. Yes, some of them are not pulling their weight, but it's up to the manager to get the best out of them, and to sit them if they won't work.

Just wondering if Ian St. John still has a pair of boots because he could probably still knock as many in as anyone in the line up at the moment.

This really has to stop, never mind Morton or Partick. When you see Hamilton being the premier team in Lanarkshire you just know the universe is out of kilter, and I was born in Hamilton. It's just not right!!!!!!!

• Like 1

So he gets the bullet , then what?

New guy has absolutely no choice but to go with the same players, very limited options in Jamiary- change of loan players?

Pearo and Fletcher will hopefully be back shortly and then watch the momentum build.

I think all this needs to be put into perspective, calm the f ck down. 8 games in , very new squad. Vital players out injured or struggling to be fully fit, New club structure bedding I'm- So lets sack him, how very constructive ...

• Like 1

So he gets the bullet , then what?

New guy has absolutely no choice but to go with the same players, very limited options in Jamiary- change of loan players?

Pearo and Fletcher will hopefully be back shortly and then watch the momentum build.

I think all this needs to be put into perspective, calm the f ck down. 8 games in , very new squad. Vital players out injured or struggling to be fully fit, New club structure bedding I'm- So lets sack him, how very constructive ...

the new club structure is a fucking joke and as for barraclough the sooner he goes the better.

His half time team talk must be pish most games when we played ok in the first half ,like to day, the second half is totally different as if the players cant be bothered when they come back out. Or maybe the other managers sussed us out , changed tactics and we don't. Anyway performances have been GUTLESS and the team must take a lot of the blame for that .

Folk simply didn't want him in the job in the first place as the majority wanted Van Der Gaga. He's been up against that from day one. Despite that, it's up to him to get results from HIS team and there's no denying this is a disappointing start to the season, amplified by the marvelous playoff win

• Like 1

It's been a textbook move from a professional bluffer.

Embed a new structure and fill with new staff. Due to the inevitable consequences, it takes longer than usual to be dismissed for incompetence.[/quote ]

I'd be more worried about a new guy who didn't have a vision for the way he wanted a club to be set up and didn't want to mould a team to his way of working. That wouldn't be a bluffer, more of a lazy passenger

What would your identikit manager do then?

The problem has absolutely bugger all to do with new players or a system at the club. The issue lies squarely with a lack of "grit" and determination to avoid getting beat (you can't always win). That grit and mentality starts from the manager and he has shown he isn't up to the job of installing that within the team.

• Like 1

Folk simply didn't want him in the job in the first place as the majority wanted Van Der Gaga. He's been up against that from day one. Despite that, it's up to him to get results from HIS team and there's no denying this is a disappointing start to the season, amplified by the marvelous playoff win

I preferred him to Van der Gaag , being Dutch wasnt really a quality that impressed me as a candidate and still doesnt , Baracloughs judgement since he came in has troubled me though , Straker and Nathan Thomas and the rest i can let him off with , every manager gets a few wrong however persisting with Erwin as the sriker when he was never going to score enough goals , sitting back and settling for a draw against 10 man Killie at the end of last season , going into the bottom six with it in our own hands and capitulating rather than being able to get them up for it rang loud alarm bells , make no mistake , had the season ran another fortnight we were down in bottom place, unbelieveable given our lead at the split , signing McDonald and wasting him out of position , trying to resign Long , repairing Laing and McManus after having watched the same shite as the rest of us last season . No , where we are now and where we are headed is why i want him out not because i didnt want him at the start.

The play off win was excellent , what a night for those of us there at Ibrox and what a day on the Sunday but half (all ?) of the Championship had beaten Rangers , it doesnt make Baraclough manager of the year and while we are at it it doesnt make Stephen Pearson half of what some of those on here think we are getting back in a couple of weeks either

• Like 1

I preferred him to Van der Gaag , being Dutch wasnt really a quality that impressed me as a candidate and still doesnt , Baracloughs judgement since he came in has troubled me though , Straker and Nathan Thomas and the rest i can let him off with , every manager gets a few wrong however persisting with Erwin as the sriker when he was never going to score enough goals , sitting back and settling for a draw against 10 man Killie at the end of last season , going into the bottom six with it in our own hands and capitulating rather than being able to get them up for it rang loud alarm bells , make no mistake , had the season ran another fortnight we were down in bottom place, unbelieveable given our lead at the split , signing McDonald and wasting him out of position , trying to resign Long , repairing Laing and McManus after having watched the same shite as the rest of us last season . No , where we are now and where we are headed is why i want him out not because i didnt want him at the start.

The play off win was excellent , what a night for those of us there at Ibrox and what a day on the Sunday but half (all ?) of the Championship had beaten Rangers , it doesnt make Baraclough manager of the year and while we are at it it doesnt make Stephen Pearson half of what some of those on here think we are getting back in a couple of weeks either

Couldn't agree more with this post!!

From November Rangers won 9 out of 23 matches at Championship level. They were closer to being a 3rd tier side than being a 1st tier side.

I said from the very beginning I wanted them in the play off final because they were the only team we were going to beat.

Too many people think those results were better than they were and didn't stop to think why we were in the play offs in the first place.

As far as I am concerned what is holding the Baraclough reign up is the scaffold of those results but if you actually look at those results they weren't that good. Queen of the South had beaten Rangers 3-0 a few weeks before and Livingston and Alloa Athletic both got results against Rangers twice each.

Baraclough should be judged on his Premiership level league record and I'm afraid it's pretty dismal.