Baraclough Out

Bop

If Ian Baraclough fails to win the Morton game or more importantly the Partick game then his time will be up. If he wins both games he still has a lot of work to convince many fans, including me, that he is the man for the job. We are some 9 months into his reign and we still can't field a competitive side and our central midfield is still a massive problem.

If Ian Baraclough fails to win the Morton game or more importantly the Partick game then his time will be up. If he wins both games he still has a loot of work to convince many fans, including me, that he is the man for the job. We are some 9 months into his reign and we still can't field a competitive side and our central midfield is still a massive problem.

That's pretty much it. The club probably have a reality to face up to in so much as; in the modern game there are very few managers who have gone on to turn a team round after this sort of length in charge and even fewer who from the outset had very little credit in the bank with the supporters. There are probably a couple of obvious exceptions I'm missing but in general given where we are once the doubt sets in it usually only plays out one way these days.

I like Baraclough and think he's had to try and turn around an utter shambles left by McCall however one of the basic requirements you ask of a manager is to take a group of players and find a coherent system that suits them and gets the best out them after close to 10 months and a full pre-season, for whatever reason we don't look any closer to that.

• Like 1

With a possible 90 points left to play for, I think Baraclough has time to actually do his job! However, the man seems too stubborn to say "I've got it wrong" and instead insists on using the same tactics, the same style of play week in and week out. We have 7 points from 24 possible. That's not the worst record considering our terrible play.

We need two wins and a draw from Morton, Partick and Dundee. Then we lose to Celtic and Aberdeen before a trip to Killie which for me is 3 points. Unless we do better than this, I think he has to go.

• Like 1

With a possible 90 points left to play for, I think Baraclough has time to actually do his job! However, the man seems too stubborn to say "I've got it wrong" and instead insists on using the same tactics, the same style of play week in and week out. We have 7 points from 24 possible. That's not the worst record considering our terrible play.

I don't disagree however he started yesterday with a 433 and beyond that in the games I've seen he's tried variously 4231, 451, 442, 4411 and towards the end of the Ross County game we were 352 so while the net result may be the same and we tend to revert to knocking the ball long and it's up for debate how competent we've been with any of those shapes I don't think it's wholly fair to say he's been playing the same tactics.

In fact that may actually be one of the main problems. If he actually settled on a system and an XI then we might find ouselves with something to build on but unfortunately at the moment we seem to be struggling to find a settled team and system. It happened last season, all of a sudden we found ourselves with a 442 that worked to a point and gave us a foundation.

• Like 1

So he's played different formations and dropped players that people on here have been calling for him to drop, and the results are still the same, so maybe its some of the senior pro's that need to look to themselves. There is a lot of talk about Baraclough's performance and little complaint about anyone bar Taylor

So he's played different formations and dropped players that people on here have been calling for him to drop, and the results are still the same, so maybe its some of the senior pro's that need to look to themselves. There is a lot of talk about Baraclough's performance and little complaint about anyone bar Taylor

Agree in part- in the games I've seen all the experienced pros (McManus, hammell, Lasley and McDonald) have been utter garbage, Taylor probably worse by all accounts .

But when you rebuild the McCall team you would expect the team to be an attacking threat at some some spell in the 90mins but we are not really seeing that. For that barraclough is accountable

• Like 1

He does seem unable to get the players to gel, be difficult to beat and despite having umteen forwards we dont look like scoring zero to one goal in a game. That'll get us relegated i think his time is up and after Morton gubb us in the cup i'd punt him before the Partick game he cant inspire the players or the fans his time is up..

• Like 1

If either of them isn't at the fitness level required then should they be starting? Possibly another stick to beat the manager with, I still reckon they should have caught up by now possible injuries not withstanding. First 3/4 games benefit of the doubt was given, 8 league games and a cup tie later I'd hope anyone a bit behind would have caught up. Also I'd hope a poor game or two aside we'd see signs of good form and maybe tiring but in McDonalds case really nothing at all so far. What I have seen of Johnson has been up and down stuff, some good runs and disappointing final ball. Showing signs of life at least.

Skippy and Marv both missed huge swathes of pre-season. Maybe lack of that foundation of fitness is figuring into their form?

Here goes.

My first impression of Ian Baraclough was really good in regards to his so called philosophy on the game. However, very quickly it became obvious, for all the talk, nothing appeared to change.

There's an old saying, "if it looks like shit, smells like shit and tastes like it shit! It's shit!

Ian Baraclough may or may not go on to have a decent management career. However in his limited experience to date, he's achieved the square root of fuckin' zero.

He was the wrong man for the job, at Motherwell F.C.

Unfortunately, investments have been made not only in him, but the subsequent management team and the assembled squad. Safe to say, he won't probably be going anywhere fast!

For all the rhetoric from Les Hutchinson about growing membership for the WS and fan ownership, the opposite reaction of fan disillusionment is on an upward curve.

Where we go from here is the million dollar question? Unless by some fate, entertaining football resurfaces at FirPark, I don't see any positives from our current predicament.

Just for the record, my philosophy is to play like the 70's Brazilian team. Unfortunately, I like the said Mr Baraclough don't have the toolset to achieve our ideals.

Nice guy, but out his depth at our level!

Turn on me, not players - Ian Baraclough

By Richard Wilson

BBC Scotland

Ian Baraclough says that he would rather Motherwell fans vented their frustrations at him than the players.

The away fans made their discontent clear at the end of Saturday's 1-0 defeat at local rivals Hamilton.

Baraclough insists that the team just needs to be more ruthless in the final third, but wants to protect his players from any supporter criticism.

"I'd rather they turn on me and take their frustrations out on me rather than the team," said Baraclough.

"The team is there to be backed."

Motherwell had to defeat Rangers in the Premiership play-off last season to remain in the top-flight. That experience is still fresh in the minds of supporters, who are fearful of another campaign fighting relegation.

Motherwell have won only two league games this season, suffering five defeats, but Baraclough is adamant that the team is just taking time to gel and that the summer signings will eventually make the team better.

"Last season, it was too close for comfort," he said.

"Last season was about getting over the line; this season was about adding new recruits to the group and we're still in the early stages of them coming together.

"We'd love to be talking about a top four side, but some teams take longer to get it right.

Motherwell manager Ian Baraclough says it will take time for Motherwell to gel

Motherwell manager Ian Baraclough says it will take time for Motherwell to gel

"It's a testing period and we have to be patient, some of these young players are just starting their careers and they need time. The pressure can get onto the backs of some of these young players so better that it's on me.

"I've had to pick myself up and the coaching staff [after the Hamilton defeat], then we move on to the players. I review the game on the Saturday night, I don't just put it straight to bed.

"We know there wasn't much in the game and we know we have to start turning them our way. Had we taken the chances we created, we'd have given ourselves a different scenario.

"It's not as if we're a team devoid of chances. We've hit the target on a good few occasions.

"We're getting in the right areas but we've got to be clinical and ruthless. The players have to do what comes naturally to them and not snatch at chances. We've got players who have scored throughout their careers."

Motherwell have an opportunity to put the Hamilton defeat behind them when they travel to face Morton in the Scottish League Cup on Tuesday night.

The expectation is that the Championship team could deliver a cup shock, but Keith Lasley believes that the Motherwell players are ready to prove the doubters wrong.

He also says that the memories of last season's relegation fight will drive the team on to ensure that they don't suffer a similar fate.

"There's no point feeling sorry for ourselves," he says. "Hopefully we can put on a good performance [against Morton] which hopefully gets a result and kickstarts our league form.

"There were a few upsets in the last round. I expect there will be a couple in this round but that's natural in cup football.

Keith Lasley recently celebrated his testimonial with Motherwell

Keith Lasley recently celebrated his testimonial with Motherwell

"Morton have got off to a good start in the Championship and is there much difference to some of the football played in the Premiership? Probably not.

"It's natural for people to see it as a possible shock but we've got to be confident that we can get a result.

"In the last round, East Fife were up for it and we expect it to be the same. We don't fear that. It's up to us to enjoy the challenge and be ready for it, and we hope our good players can take ownership of the game and create as we know we can.

"These are great games to play in. They bring a pressure, but I relish the challenge. People will be thinking there's a potential banana skin, so let's show those doubters wrong. I can't wait for the game to come round.

"We spoke in pre-season about getting off to a good start and it's no coincidence that the four or five seasons of success we had we built points early in the campaign.

"We don't want to get into that situation. We know it's early but also that there's a need to get points. We were here last year and it none of us want to go through that again. That will be driving us on to get up the table

• Like 1

"There's no point feeling sorry for ourselves," he says. "Hopefully we can put on a good performance [against Morton] which hopefully gets a result and kickstarts our league form.

"There were a few upsets in the last round. I expect there will be a couple in this round but that's natural in cup football.

FUK ME EXSCUSES EVEN BEFORE THE MATCH IS PLAYED OR LOST SHOULD I SAY.

Was that not Lasley that said that (in direct response to question)?

It was nothing to do with excuses.

Who gives a toss about actual facts? Blame it on Baraclough if it means we can pile on with more stick and abuse.