Baraclough Out

Bop

I'll be honest till tonight I was very much on the "needs more time" camp. I did think it was only a matter of time before things started clicking.

Unfortunately this game is results driven as they bring success and financial gain. We live each season in a precarious position and also a support who demands a swift return to our recent success'. However folk coming on here with rambling abuse without a reasoned argument, solution or alternative is one of the worst things about supporting this club. Also, plenty will know as it's been well documented Flow had no involvement in the decision making process.

A cup quarter final was the aim, playing against a team who have played one game less and accrued 3 points more in the league below ours. A 90th minute equaliser to take things into extra time, the the second time in this competition (the first also against lower league opposition) and is unacceptable for those who have access to the resources of our club and the significant wages.

When I look back at this season so far, the manager has been backed in the transfer market like no other manager I can recall (bear in mind we've actually paid for a couple). Indifferent results in pre-season but the performance against PNE offered a lot of hope. Followed up with an opening day win away to previously high flying ICT and things were looking not too bad.

With hindsight, ICT haven't found last years form and Killie have been awful. Dundee Utd, one win in 16 was it till tonight? 2-0 did flatter them but now the dust has settled this season we can ignore the media bigging up their young starlets, they are rotten .... as rotten as us however?

While not been handed out any drubbings so far, the performances have been sadly too reminiscent of last season, apathetic and unconfident, high calibre players playing like Bellshill Juniors would be their highest level, devoid of drive and ideas and far too predictable.

While there will be undoubtedly anger directed towards the manager and rightly so, there are also a number of players form has to be questioned. Skippy has been awful, Ainsworth got his deal and has been hot and cold, Johnson has been a shadow of his early promise.

I can't see him walking, he has a young family and is ultimately responsible for putting a roof over their heads and meals on the table. I also can't see the club doing anything other than having a "OK, things are broken, how do you intend to fix them?" meeting tomorrow morning.

As for where we go, I not interested in paying to watch a team as predictable as his cliche ridden interviews.

I look forward to tonight being the line in the sand with respect to this seasons results and proved wrong.

I would agree with most of that - however, the fact we were in the playoffs last season should have been the line in the sand you mention. Yes, new players will take time to bed in, but the problems are deeper than that.

Even last season it was apparent that Baraclough didn't have a Plan B, but we sucked it up (largely) as he'd inherited the bulk of the team from McCall. Now, however, when you assume he's brought in a group of players to fit his system, there's really no excuse for the kind of knuckle-dragging football we've been subjected to. What happened to the fast, pressing game we were promised? Did the players he'd identified for that turn us down, and instead he's decided to sign as many strikers as possible in the hope that it'll work?

He's completely out of his depth. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's shown that he offers nothing.

• Like 2

I can only go by what I am reading on here, oh and of course results, but for me it seems like it is time for him to go. It appears he has no plan A never mind a plan B. many things on here are hotly debated but I would say everyone seems to be in agreement regarding a few items

1. Taylor, not contributing and invisible for the most part.

2. Howfin the ball up the park whether warranted or not.

3. Playing with Isolated striker

4. No pressing game as expected based on managers previous comments

When there is agreement on here on anything then I am pretty convinced its true.

By this time ( It wasn't till other day I realised how long he has been here now ) he should have the team playing such that the fans at least can see some sort of effort or plan or light at the end pof the tunnel but sadly this does not seem to be the case.

I am confident that we could find a manager to improve performances and results using the same group of players. I just hope we get one here soon!!!

• Like 1

For me it's worse than McCall this time last season. McCall had three years of exceptional results behind him and the team with ojamma, higdon, Faddy, law, Humphrey etc were outstanding. So there was at least some hope that he had the capability to turn it round.

Not at one single point during his tenure could I say I've seen a smart, shrewd or insight action by Baraclough. It's as he's living a real version of Football Manager.

The guy needs to be sacked as soon as possible. We are quickly looking like the worst team in the league. For every day he's allowed to remain in his job, the damage becomes worse.

The fans as a whole appear to be united in wanting this guy gone. The crowd for Saturday could be very low if nothing is done.

should be given time to sort, knee jerk reactions of fans hurting is not the answer.

Stop talking shite .IB has been given money to spend, brought in a lot of players of dubious ability, Taylor, Robinson, Johnson etc, bizarre team selections, players out of position..I could go on. It's obvious he is not up to it, talks a good job but nothing else, time for him to go.

Ive tried to stay out of this thread so far. It was started ridiculously early and many of the comments have been bad reactions to poor results,which I accept is partly the purpose of a football forum. However, I think even the most positive and patient of fans are now in agreement that the managers time is up. If you examine his time at the club there is plenty evidence for it.

1. No consistency in team selection or formation.

2. Consistently playing players out of position.

3. Signing policy does not match the vision presented by the manager and the club. We are supposed to be running with a smaller squad with greater quality that allows us to make money in transfer market. None of which has happened.

4. Signing policy has not strengthened areas of weakness in squad he himself has identified.

5. No sign of the pressing passing game he sold to land the job. Static players, no movement off the ball resulting in lost possession or all too often route 1 hoofball to players ill equipped to deal with it.

6. Unable to motivate squad. No sign of any fight within the squad. Not one of them lost it last night and started shouting at team mates. Looks like a general acceptance within squad that the games up.

7. Inability to identify which players are having the poorest game and make a change that would improve things and protect the player.

There's probably more I could list if I took time to think about it but these are the obvious ones.

This isnt a "kneejerk" reaction to one result. Its the observations of a managers tenure over the course of nearly a year. A manager who has been given more money to spend than any manager in recent memory.

Sorry Ian. Your a nice guy, but times up.

• Like 2

Says it all when the Well fans join in with the "sacked in the morning" chant.

I liked Baraclogh and what he has said in the press and there have been a few glimpses of something, but its getting to the stage where he just looks out of his depth.

Some utterly baffling tactics and selections at times.

Of course, the players need to have a word with themselves too. Some of it is basic, basic stuff which the manager shouldn't have to explain.

Loved the play-offs, but would rather not be in them again.

We need a clear out from top to bottom, starting with management team and general manager. We are an absolute shambles of a club. Struggling to motivate myself for games now and last night was the straw that broke the camels back.

Is this just down to his involvement in the appointment of Baraclough or for some other reason? The guy puts in an incredible amount of effort in his role and should be cut a little bit of slack. I don't remember people calling for the heads of other staff when we were struggling under previous managers. People seem to have a bit of a dislike for him and it is a bit unfair on the guy.

• Like 2

We need a clear out from top to bottom, starting with management team and general manager. We are an absolute shambles of a club. Struggling to motivate myself for games now and last night was the straw that broke the camels back.

Would say that's a touch harsh and definitely knee jerk.

By all accounts, a lot of the off field stuff is very positive of late, with investment in scouting, physio and youth departments.

I do think that Les and co have taken a gamble with Barraclough that has backfired. They need to gauge the thoughts of the majority of fans and act by getting rid of the manager. If they continue to show stubbornness that they have the "right man" they will be doing a lot more damage to the club by alienating the support, which will damage the goals and ambitions of the 'Well society - probably even end any hope of it achieving its targets.

So far, our new owner, board and GM have done very well in bringing a new dawn to the club - but all their positive work is being completely undermined by the on field situation. They have to act for the future of the club.

...And if they don't, then you maybe have a case to call for their heads.

• Like 1

Whatever happens he was in charge of one of the happiest occasions of my Motherwell supporting life, so if he goes, he goes with my best wishes!! I think most of us were willing to give him another season due to a general slight improvement, the play-off games, and the feel good factor they brought. I have to say as well I was reasonably happy with the signings he’d made minus a couple of the loan players…..although the signing of 5 strikers did start to raise some concerns.

I do now however, think it’s time for him to go as he’s not getting anything out of some of the good players we have, whether that’s his fault, the players fault or a mixture of both the buck definitely lies with him and as he says take it out on him not the players…..ok then Ian.

My ultimate concern is who is to replace him? some of the names mentioned…eg Calderwood + any other dinosaur is just not the way to go…Craigan/ Robinson/ Leitch…definitely not….McGhee? maybe, but the way he left us originally, still sticks in my throat and is he really going to want to manage us again when our support sang at him about abusing children?

I doubt any of us have the right answer but we are putting our faith in a board and chief exec with no real football experience and a track record of employing someone who they liked as a person and interviewed well with his middle management positivity speak!!

Whatever happens, I’m guessing there will be many who are not happy!!

Is this just down to his involvement in the appointment of Baraclough or for some other reason? The guy puts in an incredible amount of effort in his role and should be cut a little bit of slack. I don't remember people calling for the heads of other staff when we were struggling under previous managers. People seem to have a bit of a dislike for him and it is a bit unfair on the guy.

I think it's down to the fact that people know who he is and were surprised when he got the job. Like certain players are targeted by the support when things go wrong, since his appointment to his current role it seems like any problems are evidence that Burrows isn't up to the task. He's the public face of the board, whether he likes it or not and whether that's fair or not.

Without knowing his job description, it's difficult to say how well or badly he's doing it. On the face of things, he's given the manager all that he has asked for in terms of tools to do the job. Is it his job to question whether a given player is the player we need? I'd suggest not given people feel that he doesn't have enough of a football background to be involved in recruitment of a new manager.

Does he bear some responsibility for the current situation? Of course, he's the general manager. Should he be taking as much blame as the players or the manager? I'd say no...

I don't see any significant evidence of this whatsoever?

So you think the capital investments in scouting, physiotherapy, youth, catering, community work, etc and supporting the manager in the transfer market with money to spend is all lack of evidence??

All new to our club, and all could have a majorly positive effect on us moving forward - hence the term "new dawn".

Their handling of Baraclough has the potential to undermine this work. You've just proved my point, as it already lost on you.

Baraclough is a clown but can defiently talk a good game and can see how he managed to get the job unfortunately he has been given more freedom in the transfer market than any other manager.

I can't quite understand the criticism of Alan Burrows, for me the guys does a great job I can't see what he could do different I appreciate he may lack experience but iv never saw a guy try to include the fans more in a club so I think he gets unfairly criticised.

In saying the above re Burrows he is a fan like all of us and he must see what is happening on park but he must also have a fair idea of the feeling behind the scenes.

Do I think Bara will go before Saturday not a chance which leaves the board with a real headache if we lose, let's be realistic Bara will never walk he will need to be pushed

Baraclough is a clown but can defiently talk a good game and can see how he managed to get the job

We're all wise in hindsight and yes, I can understand that he'd come across well at interview but surely that is only part of the selection process? I keep going back to his track record. Poor at Scunthorpe and very mixed at Sligo. Surely his previous managerial record would have been taken into account? We certainly took an inordinate amount of time to select him.

Haven't had the chance to read through the posts added since last night - what were that persons reasons for wanting the manager to continue in the role?

Post at 10.37 last night "should be given time to sort, knee jerk reactions of fans hurting is not the answer." In our support there will be others, although they'll be very much in the minority after last night.

So you think the capital investments in scouting, physiotherapy, youth, catering, community work, etc and supporting the manager in the transfer market with money to spend is all lack of evidence??

All new to our club, and all could have a majorly positive effect on us moving forward - hence the term "new dawn".

Their handling of Baraclough has the potential to undermine this work. You've just proved my point, as it already lost on you.

There is little evidence yet that the money loaned by the owner has been invested wisely in the areas you mention. The one area where we can draw judgement is the transfer market where we have been far from prudent and signed few players that are symbolic of an upgraded scouting system.