Baraclough Out

Bop

I cant believe some are questioning the signings 3 weeks after transfer day, or 2 or 3 games. The only signing that anyone can question is O'brien as we all know what he can produce by now. As for the lad at york we beat BPA to his signature and he took a pay cut I believe. Give the lad a run of games before passing judgement. He has come into a team low of confidence and deserves better support.

• Like 2

I cant believe some are questioning the signings 3 weeks after transfer day, or 2 or 3 games. The only signing that anyone can question is O'brien as we all know what he can produce by now. As for the lad at york we beat BPA to his signature and he took a pay cut I believe. Give the lad a run of games before passing judgement. He has come into a team low of confidence and deserves better support.

You are a clown

The day we appoint Calderwood, is the day i'm totally finnished with scottish football.

The damage has been done early doors with poor fitness, training, attitude and decisions by all in charge. We now have a manager walking on egg shells trying to pamper some of these players into a semi decent performance. Should he be more ruthless with these guys like Gannon was, probably. But, perhaps he is to nice. These players shafted McCall and Black. People they apparently liked!

There is plenty of experienced players in our squad that are more than capable of ignoring the manager and doing whatever it takes to win a game of football. Sadly, as many have said they simply appear not to care. Hence, why a new manager at this point will simply fail to achieve anything other than oversee our relegation.

There is no easy or quick solution to this shambles.

No harm to you Leanne but . .having played football at quite a high level and watched all levels since then , you obviously have very little idea about the level of player you are trying to defend here . .it was an embarrassment watching your so called good players . .I do remember you saying a few weeks ago that Straker would become club captain in the near future . .sums it up to me

I'm sure Baraclough would get a bit more slack if there was the slightest hint of fight, or grit, or dare I say heart about any of the performances since he took over. There may have been a couple of 'better' performances but sadly any semblance of a new manager bounce has dissolved by now.

After McCall there's no doubt that we needed a freshness of approach, but it just seems as though there's a basic level of tactical nous that's missing. I'd agree though that you can't lay all the blame on the new faces that have come in - not after four games - but patience generally is running out.

• Like 2

I believe we have some of the worst fans in Scottish football when it comes to patience and tolerance, however we also have some of the most loyal and self sacrificing fans also (bois making banners in free time at their cost at times too).

But I believe we have a rotten egg here and need shot of him as soon as possible, I'm not being impatient but realistic regarding the danger we are in.Also a few players need to be punted Lasely being top of my list, too slow last season and getting worse. I also have the feeling he's doing a Barry Bawbag to out a manager he didn't like. We can't have players under performing to get rid of someone they don't like and potentially relegate us in the process.

I would like Craiggs in and around somewhere, he may have frustrated the hell out me at times but he was passionate as fuk unlike this spineless mob we have just now.

Bradford Park Avenue.

From all my time in playing Champ Man back in the day and betting on all manner of shite, I have to admit I've never heard of them.

Edit: I also don't think the players like or respect the manager. At one point yesterday he was trying to tell Erwin something yesterday and he was just shrugging his shoulders with an exasperated look on his face.

What's with the Bradford Park Avenue chat? You've brought that up on several occasions now. I'm not sure if you're at the wind up or not. I'm going with at the wind up. To champion a signing because we trumped BPA to his signature is reekin' patter. It can only be a wind up.

The day we appoint Calderwood, is the day i'm totally finnished with scottish football.

With all due respect losing you is a fan is going to be less disasterous than being relegated with a whimper.

What is it you have against Jimmy Calderwood anyway? Dunfermline went down the toilet when he left, so did Aberdeen and he kept Kilmarnock and Ross County in their respective leagues in similar situations as we are now.

Whatever it is you have against him it can't be his record. Can you imagine a Baraclough team getting a result against Bayern Munich?

Speaking solely about the new signings, I actually agree with this (apart from the BPA chat - it's hardly worth shouting about when they have an average attendance of three hundred odd). Any new player deserves more time and for most of them to be written off so quickly is just plain daft. Straker was poor yesterday but he didn't deserve the pelters he was getting. Folk do need to remember that these guys aren't responsible in any way for our current position.

Here's the problem though - time isn't on our side and it's just unfortunate that they've come in at a point when fan patience is in very very short supply. Additional negativity will also come from the fact that Baraclough has yet to prove we have any reason to believe in his ability as a manager. If he can't get the players showing some fight and spirit, and doing the absolute basics like closing down crosses or simple passing and moving, then why should we put faith in his eye for a player?

I don't care who the manager is - it's the players that are underperforming and, as professionals, many of them should be hanging their heads in shame.

You shouldn't need a manager to tell you not to pass the ball to opponents, to mark you man and tackle to the guy with the ball.

• Like 2

I pray to god that you aren't actually the Leanne that's been recently appointed at board level or we are in even worse a situation than I could ever imagine possible. I don't care if he took a pay cut - or even if hes playing for free - he wouldn't get in our 5's team.

Speaking solely about the new signings, I actually agree with this (apart from the BPA chat - it's hardly worth shouting about when they have an average attendance of three hundred odd). Any new player deserves more time and for most of them to be written off so quickly is just plain daft. Straker was poor yesterday but he didn't deserve the pelters he was getting. Folk do need to remember that these guys aren't responsible in any way for our current position.

I actually felt sorry for him yesterday because it was cringeworthy how bad he was. Thats 3 full matches now where he's looked wildly out of his depth and it's sickening that he's playing infront of Watt. While some of the abuse was probably a bit OTT during the game, i'd imagine it was largely due to the frustration being shown at A) Baraclough signing him in the first place and B) the fact that he started again this week after his display last week and somehow managed to last the full 90 minutes.

I don't care who the manager is - it's the players that are underperforming and, as professionals, many of them should be hanging their heads in shame.

You shouldn't need a manager to tell you not to pass the ball to opponents, to mark you man and tackle to the guy with the ball.

Nonsense. The players have been shite all year and deserve stick but Baraclough is making things a million times more difficult than they need to be. He talked all week about needing to get back to basics and make the midfield offer a bit more defensively and what does he do? Sticks players out of position left right and centre in a system it's abundantly clear they can't play in. Craig Moore in midfield? C'mon to fuck. I've never ever in my time supporting Motherwell been a negative supporter but this is far worse than the Malpas season. We need rid and fast.

There is no doubt the players are in the main responsible for this mess + the injury situation has been horrendous and worse than at any time I can recall of me supporting the team = 40+years.

But I desperately care who the Manager is. The truth is a good appointment would have us performing much better after the turn of the year and possibly steer us clear of relegation.

I am patient and actually more of a happy clapper than a glass half empty type guy, BUT 1 point from 24 is not a run any Manager would generally survive. Should it make a difference if he is just in the door ?

The point being made above and ALL that truly matters is:

ARE we playing better than before - NO

Do the players look motivated - NO

Are players being played out of position - YES

Are we playing an immobile striker up front on his own game after game - YES (no offence John)

Are the new signings looking like helping us - NOT REALLY

I think the club will give him the ICT game, but make no mistake if we lose again (as is likely) with no sign of improvement then he HAS to go. I would act now, but again it ALL depends on what his contract situation is.

Barring a minor miracle - keeping Baraclough in place looks like it will 90% relegate us.

I am not sure what the solution is and it may not work either. Call it a last throw of the dice, but right now we ARE odds on to go down.

This is Jim McIntyres record as Ross County manager:

Appointed 9 September 2014

W 4 D 6 L 13 Win Percentage: 14%

The important information for me is that he has had 5 months to turn RC around and it has only been in the last few weeks that they have started to turn the corner. The McIntyre/ Dodds combination seems to be a well respected coaching duo within the Scottish game, with good experience of the game in this country.

I only put these stats up to show that it can take time for respected managers to turn difficult situations around. Anyone who thinks that our situation was not as desperate when Baraclough took over as Ross County's back in September is kidding themselves.

I still think that the addition of Long, Pearson and Grant has enhanced the strength of the squad. Time will tell with the others. Maybe history will show that Baraclough was not the man for the job but from the day he walked into the job the task facing him was massive. He has had huge holes to fill in a squad that is not fit for purpose.

I have seen performances as poor as yesterday's under every single manager we have had in my 30+ years of supporting the Well. To say that yesterday's performance was the worst ever suggests that people have already forgotten about the start of this season alone.

I believe that Baraclough has conducted himself admirably in very trying circumstances and talk of protests outside the ground next weekend sadden me. I suspect that we would have been in this situation regardless of the man appointed by the board. Our current predicament was not created over the last three months, but over the last 12- 18 months. Good luck Ian Baraclough. You will need it!!!

• Like 5

And another point, Baraclough has made comments which imply he thinks some of the players aren't in the physical condition they should be. If that's the case then they should be banned from going out every Saturday night and getting beyond blazing and posting pictures on Instagram of big plates of double fried chips they seem to be eating.

• Like 1

1424619849[/url]' post='433401']

This is Jim McIntyres record as Ross County manager:

Appointed 9 September 2014

W 4 D 6 L 13 Win Percentage: 14%

The important information for me is that he has had 5 months to turn RC around and it has only been in the last few weeks that they have started to turn the corner. The McIntyre/ Dodds combination seems to be a well respected coaching duo within the Scottish game, with good experience of the game in this country.

I only put these stats up to show that it can take time for respected managers to turn difficult situations around. Anyone who thinks that our situation was not as desperate when Baraclough took over as Ross County's back in September is kidding themselves.

I still think that the addition of Long, Pearson and Grant has enhanced the strength of the squad. Time will tell with the others. Maybe history will show that Baraclough was not the man for the job but from the day he walked into the job the task facing him was massive. He has had huge holes to fill in a squad that is not fit for purpose.

I have seen performances as poor as yesterday's under every single manager we have had in my 30+ years of supporting the Well. To say that yesterday's performance was the worst ever suggests that people have already forgotten about the start of this season alone.

I believe that Baraclough has conducted himself admirably in very trying circumstances and talk of protests outside the ground next weekend sadden me. I suspect that we would have been in this situation regardless of the man appointed by the board. Our current predicament was not created over the last three months, but over the last 12- 18 months. Good luck Ian Baraclough. You will need it!!!

Some good points there, especially re Ross County, I didn't know his record was so poor .This team isn't going well under pressure next week, so we all need to take a deep breathTo paraphrase Tam Forsyth , before a game in the 80's, "remember the 3 C's lads -cool calm heads"

There is no way Baraclough will leave or be sacked before end of season absolutely no chance.

I was fully behind him until yesterday, we are fighting for our lives yet we play with one up front despite having 3 strikers on the park and fail to have a shot on target.

The new signings are a mixed bag, I liked the look of Johnson and think Nathan Thomas will prove to be a good addition.

Grant was poor

Long didn't have much to do but I felt more comfortable with him than Dan.

Laing was ok looked a bit clumsey

The left back is way out of his depth and if the manager cannot see this then we def have major problems.

I hear constant cries for the youth to get a chance but in my opinion there form in the u20s league dosnt justify this and the players ready are getting a chance.

So what to change, I think most fans want McManus and dropped which I now agree with and maybe giving Dom Thomas a run of games, I really think the next two games are so important and we need to get behind the team and manager but I understand the frustration and opinions on Bara