Baraclough Out

Bop

Les' comments are interesting. By the sounds of it, it wasn't the likes of Las, McManus etc who were in the middle of whatever scuffle happened last night. Las all but confirmed that things got physical too. Not that it really matters, but I wonder who it was.

Either way, it sounds as though the players were as unhappy as we were. Hoping for a reaction on Sat.

Pretty disgusted today. The Motherwell players have a history of downing tools within the last 12 months alone and it seems like they may have been at it again.

Something stinks within that dressing room. Very Jim Gannon like in the way it has ended as well. If Baraclough has had a go at one or two then good on him. The word imposter has been used alot on this thread but I believe Baraclough had the interests of the club at heart. I think there are players in that dressing room that could not say the same.

Player power wins again. Just think how powerful they would be if they were any good!!

Gannon more than likely has mental health issues and his time at Peterborough and Port Vale showed our players did well to last as long as they did.

McCall's approach to his job changed around summer/autumn 2013 and he eventually admitted after he walked that he had given up and lost interest months before hand. There has been plenty of speculation about what caused the change but he showed at Rangers that he isn't capable of running a team properly at this stage in his life.

Barraclough is a bullshiter who should have been no where near our club. Plenty of fans spotted that from his first interview, the players probably knew it the second he walked in the door. How can he talk about winning the league in his first press conference then expect the squad to take him seriously?

• Like 1

Only caught the end of Les' interview but from what I could gather, no blame was attached to the experienced pros. Quite something to go on and say some of the younger players should 'hang their heads' in shame as Baraclough heads down the road with his family.

The younger players ? Law ,laing ,Johnston are probably the most used younger players under Barra .

Yeah, I couldnt really decide what Les was meaning there to be honest.

He didnt specifically call out the players but inferred it by saying something like "Some players should hang their heads in shame...but the experiences pros need to stand up and help them through it". Or something along those lines.

Amazing how a lot of folk have moved from saying Bara was the problem to now it was key players downing tools. Haha.

I have been fairly consistent in saying that I did not believe Baraclough to be the problem. I may be wrong in that but that has been my position the whole way through.

If you don't think that the key players have downed tools, or at the very least have been severely underperforming, then please list for me the games over the last 18 months where you think they have seriously stood up to be counted. (the play-off games apart which actually to me proves their guilt still further).

What did you want him to say though? If he said we could finish 11th he would have got slaughtered too. Mind everyone was up in arms for McCall saying the highest we could finish 3rd (pre sevco) and got slaughtered for a lack of ambition
  • Like 1

I don't think he's a bullshitter tbh, pretty sure he genuinely did have the club's best interests at heart. Just out of his depth at this level.

Agreed. As misguided as the 'win the league' comment was I knew what he meant and in truth I was encouraged at the thought of there being someone at the club who was aspirational rather than running with the punching above our weight type pish.

Nevertheless the kicking he got in the media off the back of that almost certainly undermined him from day 1.

IB said in his interview there are a couple of players who the games don't mean as much to them as the playoff games did.

More than likely McDonald and Ainsworth. Probably the two most likely to throw punches.

To be fair, Ainsworth is one of the guys that I couldn't fault for effort this season...

McManus, on the other hand...

• Like 1

Nevertheless the kicking he got in the media off the back of that almost certainly undermined him from day 1.

Not surprising though unfortunately . An unknown Englishman replacing a popular cheeky chappy, media friendly former Rangers player was always going to get a rough deal from our press.

• Like 1

IB said in his interview there are a couple of players who the games don't mean as much to them as the playoff games did.

More than likely McDonald and Ainsworth. Probably the two most likely to throw punches.

Or could be a reference to the Old Firm history of McDonald and McManus. McDonald's comment at the time of ,'this is the game I want to play in' and McManus's desire to get his head on the end of Marv's cross for the goal, something that he had not shown previously or since, may back this up.

I have a strong feeling that McDonald's influence in any dressing room would not be very positive, if things were not going exactly the way he wanted them to go.

Wouldn't be surprised if Skippy was involved in a scrap, wouldn't be the first time, albeit it's not necessarily a bad thing to be argumentative. Not so sure about Ainsworth as I think he's done well under Baraclough from March onwards.

Marvin has probably been one to let Baraclough down the most.

More generally, a significant number of players have seemingly signed contracts in the summer while not rating Baraclough. Never a healthy situation.

Nice stats but why would you take out St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Hamilton? If you're doing that then you should take out defeats to Celtic, Aberdeen and ICT from last season. Do those wins not matter as much (in fact the opposite is true at our end of the table)

FFS, there's taking stats to take your side of things then there is taking stats to take the absolute pish! You either give the whole win ratio - which by the way is a stupid stat to judge a manager by as a manager with 1 win 0 draws and 9 defeats has the same win ratio as a manager with 1 win 9 draws and 0 defeats - or you don use it at all

Well I guess the point is to give a more specific picture of a 9 month period. Bar a short period of form numbering a few weeks around March time where he won a good portion of his overall wins, the Baraclough era was fairly abject and bookended by two very poor runs.

For what ever reasons the appointment of Ian Baraclough did not work out. These things happen in football and over recent years we as a club have got it right more often than not, so it's harsh to be to critical of those who did appoint him. The main thing now is that the board have acted and probably quicker than some expected. We know need to move on as a club, and knuckle down and work even harder.

Or could be a reference to the Old Firm history of McDonald and McManus. McDonald's comment at the time of ,'this is the game I want to play in' and McManus's desire to get his head on the end of Marv's cross for the goal, something that he had not shown previously or since, may back this up.

I have a strong feeling that McDonald's influence in any dressing room would not be very positive, if things were not going exactly the way he wanted them to go.

Even first time around, it struck me that McDonald was unlikely to be a positive influence in the dressing room. I had hoped, as he had come across as a bit more mature in his interviews, that it might be different this time around. Sadly not...

A very reliable source told me that towards the end of last season Mcdonald questioned barracloughs team selection and tactics in the dressing room before the game and that Mcdonald had generally too much say in team matters.

Although given that he was signed on again this season barraclough must have respected his opinions

Don't agree with this. McDonald and Ainsworth didn't start and when they came on they were the catalyst for our best spell of play.

McDonald hasn't been in good form but I don't think you could doubt his effort, doesn't hide like some players. Ainsworth has been far from the poorest player in the team.

On the other hand contrast Johnson's performance last night and against Rangers. Same with McManus.