Baraclough Out

Bop

Undoubtedly football is a results driven business and when results don't go right it's the manager that pays the price with his job. Results this season have certainly not been what everyone would have hoped for including the manager however what about some of the twats that have been masquerading as footballers?

This so called player power is a disgrace and we have seen it here before when a few senior players took the hump with Jim Gannon. It's high time our CEO went into our dressing room and laid it on the line to this lot that it's some of them that should be getting the sack. The players that Barraclough brought in should be utterly ashamed of themselves if they have played any part in the dressing room cabal.

I wish Ian Barraclough all the very best for the future and would like to thank him for giving us two of the best results we have ever had against the Rangers.

• Like 2

Yeah agree stats are huge in sports, especially American but then again in the US Big 3 the chances of a draw are almost 0. It's easier to do a win ratio when the result is 99% of the time a win or loss. None of these pesky draws. When grading a manager I think

Points Won

Points Won %

Loss Percentage

Are better overall indicators although goal differentual could be a little harsh in the end.

Your wish is my command!

Points won - 32 for 90

Points % - 35%

Loss Percentage - 53%

We keep referring back to the Gannon era and 'player power' etc...only Hammell and Lasley were there at the time and are still here now. Yet, it is the former old firm duo of Skippy and McManus who seem to be getting pointed at here.

As ever fans favourite Lasley gets off with little said.....

A lot of people on here clearly have a problem with ex old firm players playing for us and do not give them as much of a chance...it is very predictable. If Pearson had not been injured and out the picture he would be in the group that 'got the manager sacked' as well no doubt as he fits the bill - ex old firm, friends with McManus and Skippy.

• Like 1

We keep referring back to the Gannon era and 'player power' etc...only Hammell and Lasley were there at the time and are still here now. Yet, it is the former old firm duo of Skippy and McManus who seem to be getting pointed at here.

As ever fans favourite Lasley gets off with little said.....

A lot of people on here clearly have a problem with ex old firm players playing for us and do not give them as much of a chance...it is very predictable. If Pearson had not been injured and out the picture he would be in the group that 'got the manager sacked' as well no doubt as he fits the bill - ex old firm, friends with McManus and Skippy.

To be fair, probably the reason Lasley hasn't been mentioned as much is that on the face of it, he's been giving it his all this season irrespective of what he thinks of the manager...

To be fair, probably the reason Lasley hasn't been mentioned as much is that on the face of it, he's been giving it his all this season irrespective of what he thinks of the manager...

No less or more so than McDonald and McManus in my eyes. I dont think the latter have been any good but I wouldnt say it is due to lack of trying...they have just been fairly pish.

If McManus was partly behind this supposed 'player power' to get the manager shifted...would he have been captain last night? I don't think so.

I genuinely do think there was some disgruntled players with the way the season was going and maybe the way we were training and setting up in games. I also think it is more likely the experienced senior players would speak out (who happen to be Las, Hammell, Skippy, McManus). That has happened countless times. But an orchestrated coup to get the manager sacked.....I think not.

No less or more so than McDonald and McManus in my eyes. I dont think the latter have been any good but I wouldnt say it is due to lack of trying...they have just been fairly pish.

If McManus was partly behind this supposed 'player power' to get the manager shifted...would he have been captain last night? I don't think so.

I genuinely do think there was some disgruntled players with the way the season was going and maybe the way we were training and setting up in games. I also think it is more likely the experienced senior players would speak out (who happen to be Las, Hammell, Skippy, McManus). That has happened countless times. But an orchestrated coup to get the manager sacked.....I think not.

Sorry but that is beyond deluded, Mcmanus regularly couldn't even be arsed swinging his leg to make a ball move 20yds to his side.

its been noticed by many, his outstanding performance in the play offs were a keen reminder of his capability.

Lasley has many flaws but lack of effort ?, even his biggest detractor, Kmcalpin, would not throw that at him,

Hell if anything Lasleys biggest flaw is him trying to be involved in everything and leaving his own post

I got reall issues with McManus contribution since his signing, young lads have been covering for him more regular than anything he has given to them, early last season I think I read someone posting he is the biggest dissapointment in many a decade, I agree.

McDonald is a strange one, no where near fit 8 weeks ago, ( we need to learn that its unacceptable to be paying these players for having a longer stretch off, over others back in training) but his game time was also wasted due to positional selection, his contribution dropped way beyond his lack of fitness, was turning in shifts that should have had him suspended without pay, I was delighted Bara had the baws to drop him I think Baracloughs biggest failing was sticking with McManus through every failed experiment.

so back on point , to claim Lasley showed similar effort to these two is just crazy talk

• Like 1

Sorry but that is beyond deluded, Mcmanus regularly couldn't even be arsed swinging his leg to make a ball move 20yds to his side.

its been noticed by many, his outstanding performance in the play offs were a keen reminder of his capability.

Lasley has many flaws but lack of effort is something even his biggest detractor, Kmcalpin, would throw at him, Hell if anything Lasleys biggest flaw is him trying to be involved in everything and leaving his post

I got reall issues with McManus contribution since his signing, young lads have been covering for him more regular than anythign he has given them, early last season I think I read someone posting he is the biggest dissapointment in many a decade, I agree.

McDonald is a strange one, no where near fit 8 weeks ago, ( we need to learn that its unacceptable to be paying these players for having a longer stretch off over other back in training) but his game time was also wasted due to positional selection, his contribution dropped way beyond his lack of fitness, was turnign in shifts that should have had him suspended without pay, I was delighted Bara had the baws to drop him.

so back on point , to claim Lasley showed similar effort to these two is just crazy talk

Lasleys effort can never be called in to question. His ability however....

Lasley has many flaws but lack of effort ?, even his biggest detractor, Kmcalpin, would not throw that at him,

Hell if anything Lasleys biggest flaw is him trying to be involved in everything and leaving his own post

I got reall issues with McManus contribution since his signing, young lads have been covering for him more regular than anything he has given to them, early last season I think I read someone posting he is the biggest dissapointment in many a decade, I agree.

McDonald is a strange one, no where near fit 8 weeks ago, ( we need to learn that its unacceptable to be paying these players for having a longer stretch off, over others back in training) but his game time was also wasted due to positional selection, his contribution dropped way beyond his lack of fitness, was turning in shifts that should have had him suspended without pay, I was delighted Bara had the baws to drop him I think Baracloughs biggest failing was sticking with McManus through every failed experiment.

Need to agree to disagree on that one then.

Where you see a lack of effort.....I see a lack of a good, confident footballers who are then making bad decisions. That's all 3 of them by the way.

I never said Lasley lacked effort, but I do think it's more or less the same effort as Skippy and McManus. Where we are disagreeing is you are saying McManus isn't trying and therefore inferring I am saying Lasley isn't trying...

For me, countless times have seen Skippy back at his own byline defending, also countless times have seen McManus out of position trying to mop up mistakes from the shitey left backs we have had as well as mopping up for centre midfield who are still up the park trying to get back in to defend. Lasley also up and down and the pitch out of position trying to cover for others too.

So, my point is that they are all putting effort in but in general are making shitey choices and playing bad football (for varying reasons). I would not disagree that McManus has been disappointing but I don't think it is down to effort.

I'd say the only player who has showed 100% true 'effort' is Louis Moult.

You think so? I think he was fighting a losing battle with a lot of our support from day one for some reason. Not sure if it's because he was chosen over 'Well legend MVG or what, but he certainly wasn't embraced as other managers have been by the support.

Wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's more than happy to see the back of us as well to be fair.

I wish folk could explain to me why MVG was a legend. The guy scored a screamer against Dunfermline to save our bacon but other than that his tenure at Motherwell falls into the easily forgettable category.

• Like 3

Les' comments are interesting. By the sounds of it, it wasn't the likes of Las, McManus etc who were in the middle of whatever scuffle happened last night. Las all but confirmed that things got physical too. Not that it really matters, but I wonder who it was.

Either way, it sounds as though the players were as unhappy as we were. Hoping for a reaction on Sat.

Was probably Leitch all he ever feckin does is flap his arms about and point.

I wish folk could explain to me why MVG was a legend. The guy scored a screamer against Dunfermline to save our bacon but other than that his tenure at Motherwell falls into the easily forgettable category.

I agree with that and have always held the opinion that he was never as good as the amount of money that Ginger McTwat paid for him. That goal seems to have tinted a lot of people's specs.

• Like 1

After last nights result I'm not surprised Baraclough left

for me he did stop the rot and did his best and there were signs of improvement but not enough and at the end of the day we were stuck at the same level as Rangers and the team is a lot better than that

onwards and upwards

I agree with that and have always held the opinion that he was never as good as the amount of money that Ginger McTwat paid for him. That goal seems to have tinted a lot of people's specs.

Rubbish. He was absolutely superb when he got a run of injury free games. Much more to him than 'that goal'.

Rubbish. He was absolutely superb when he got a run of injury free games. Much more to him than 'that goal'.

Dominant in the air for us and a pretty good captain, too. Also, lovely head of hair. One of the better centre halves we've had, I'd suggest. First season was a damp squib, though, with the injury and I think that has coloured a lot of folk's opinions of him given we paid over 400 grand for him

• Like 1