Baraclough Out

Bop

Hammering Rangers was a hinderance? Eh?

I meant in terms of winning over the media, we weren't supposed to win that.

The Scottish football media don't appear to like left field appointments that aren't on their golf circuit.

See George Burley or Berti Vogts as examples, don't get me wrong, both these descended into a farce that became untenable, but both were undermined from day 1. (I defended Vogts for a long time on the back of his competitive record.)

Just watched the prematch interview verses Dundee , it might just be me but im not getting the right vibes from our new manager .Hope im wrong .Seems to me he can talk the talk , got all the right things to say .Something just feels wrong .Is he in to deep ?Time will tell

Time did tell eh ? Not nice when any man gets sacked tho .Good luck to ian in the the future .

The Scottish football media don't appear to like left field appointments that aren't on their golf circuit.

See George Burley or Berti Vogts as examples, don't get me wrong, both these descended into a farce that became untenable, but both were undermined from day 1. (I defended Vogts for a long time on the back of his competitive record.)

Complete booze bag, Hearts and Scotland both found this out after appointment.

• Like 1

Are you at it?

Make of this as you will ............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34413518

Motherwell: Ian Baraclough talks up Fir Park achievement

Ian Baraclough believes he helped lay the foundations for future success at Motherwell before he was sacked.

The 44-year-old Englishman's side avoided relegation last season with a play-off victory over Rangers.

But he exited last week following a Scottish League Cup defeat by Morton.

"We worked extremely hard in the summer to put an infrastructure in place to allow the club to flourish in the long term," Baraclough said in a statement from management firm Oporto Sports.

"These foundations will benefit the club for years to come, I am sure."

Baraclough took charge in December after Stuart McCall was ousted following a poor start to the Scottish Premiership season.

"Understandably, I am disappointed to have departed, but I am equally proud of my time at the club," he said.

"When I joined, Motherwell were facing a difficult time at the foot of the Scottish Premiership.

Baraclough, who departed with Well sitting second bottom of the table, preferred to concentrate on the positives of his experience at Fir Park."That battle continued, but through the tremendous efforts of the players and staff, we were able to secure safety with a landmark 6-1 aggregate victory over Rangers FC in the play-off final."

"Personally, I feel stronger for the experience of managing in the Scottish top flight, working within the typical constraints faced by managers at that level," he said.

"It was a true privilege to work for a club with such a rich and proud heritage and my year at Motherwell is something I will never forget.

"My football philosophy remains unchanged; I am committed to playing an attractive, attacking brand of football whilst helping to create a team that the club's supporters can identify with."

Baraclough paid tribute to his backroom staff, and assistant manager Stephen Robinson, as well as the club's fans.

"If they continue to support the new manager in the same manner as which they afforded me, I am certain that the club will show further progress and climb the division," he added.

Motherwell have placed coach Stephen Craigan in interim control of the first team and hope to appoint a successor to Baraclough before Celtic's visit to Fir Park on 17 October.

"My football philosophy remains unchanged; I am committed to playing an attractive, attacking brand of football"

Say it enough times, it might become true.

Still, he's a likable guy, isn't he? He's welcome round for tea at mine.

Baraclough should have kept his dignity by shutting up for once.

The statement he put out today was absolutely embarrassing and full of deluded nonsense.

Any success in the future will be down to him, not the new manager. Feels stronger for working with 'constraints'. He's committed to playing an attractive, attacking brand of football.

Doolally stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

He has applied for the Swindon job and is currently 2nd favourite at 4/1.

Like all other manager markets, this one has seen alot of movement over the last week!

Unsure how this guy thinks he has a chance. He is an imposter!

I hope he gets the job then he might try to take some of the shit he signed for us down there with him, Robinson & Taylor for a start.

Impostor - actor, beguiler, bluffer, charlatan, cheat, con artist, deceiver, empiric, fake, faker, four-flusher, fraud, hypocrite, imitator, impersonator, masquerader, mimic, mocker, mountebank, pettifogger, phony, pretender, pseudo, quack, scorner, sham, sharper, shyster, trickster.

God, but that word is getting on my tits. Some variety?

• Like 2

Was it not Swindon Malpas managed?

Tbf if some like Terry Butcher can still get a job after ending bottom with Motherwell, being relegated with ICT and relegating Hibs then I'm sure someone who managed to oversee a team not getting relegated can

Butcher did a great job at our place. Given the circumstances he had to work in I think there is a good case for saying he was our best manager since Tommy McLean. Butcher laid the foundations of everything later managers like McGhee, Brown and McCall did and in some cases superceded them (contrast his cup record with that of McCall for instance).

He also got Inverness promoted at the first attempt after relegation, no easy task, and again established them as a Premier level team, something they hadn't been up till then. As for Hibs the problems there were deep rooted and no manager since has been able to sort them out.

Not saying for a moment that is record isn't blemish free but he has done well at certain clubs, including our own.

Butcher was the right man at the right time due to the club's circumstances, but a lot of the football we payed under him was brutal. If Faddy hadn't been in the squad at the time I suspect Butcher would be remembered somewhat less favourably.