Baraclough Out

Bop

Some good points there, especially re Ross County, I didn't know his record was so poor .This team isn't going well under pressure next week, so we all need to take a deep breathTo paraphrase Tam Forsyth , before a game in the 80's, "remember the 3 C's lads -cool calm heads"

In fairness to Starsail they are good points. The problem we have is that we do not and never had 5 months to turn this around.

I have nothing against Baraclough personally and we ALL hoped we would prove an astute and successful appointment. He seems like a nice guy BUT we are under real threat of going down and he has showed NO evidence that he is capable of turning our form and results around.

So should we just accept that and watch our relentless downward spiral into the Championship or should we admit his appointment was a mistake and try to find an alternative short term solution that may - just may give us an outside chance of staying up.

If there was ANY evidence to suggest that Barra has been unlucky and that the team have been playing better, then I would say it is a gamble worth taking. But week after week there is NO evidence. Sure the goal yesterday was unlucky, but we had another 80 odd minutes to rectify and never looked like doing so.

I would be very surprised if the Board of Motherwell FC were not also having second thoughts....

And another point, Baraclough has made comments which imply he thinks some of the players aren't in the physical condition they should be. If that's the case then they should be banned from going out every Saturday night and getting beyond blazing and posting pictures on Instagram of big plates of double fried chips they seem to be eating.

Beyond staggering that professional footballers earning wages paid for by fans' money should be acting like that. Not getting into the bigger debate of how capable Baraclough is as a manager but it is the players who are solely culpable for what they deem appropriate behaviour. These are grown men, FFS; they don't need excuses made for them like they're little weans.

1424600974[/url]' post='433327']

His signings are shite. Not one of them has impressed me. The keeper is no better than twardzik. Straker or whatever his name is , is possibly the worst player I've ever seen at the club. The centre half looks awful and the rest offer nothing.

I hope vigurs, Lawson etc are back fit soon as we need them back in the team and these imposters out.

Agree with you re Straker , but the keeper does look more commanding, Twardzik has been liable for a number of goals this year, including the one that put us out of Europe, which potentially could have made us a few bob.

Centre half looks fine, bit shaky on his debut but good enough yesterday

If you are waiting for Paul Lawson to save us, good luck , the guy has been very unlucky with injuries, but with his career track record with injuries , shouldn't have been signed.Wasn't so long ago , he was getting pelters on here too,.

Iain Vigurs has been a very bitty player too, nice touches , but no legs

The boy Grant looks a tidy player

This is Jim McIntyres record as Ross County manager:

Appointed 9 September 2014

W 4 D 6 L 13 Win Percentage: 14%

There is a big difference between Jim McIntyre and Ian Baraclough though.

First of all Ross County have not been taking hidings. They took a bad one against Aberdeen but before that you have to go back to October when Celtic gave them a doing. Meanwhile we lost 5-0, 4-1, 4-0 with a couple of weeks in January.

Secondly Ross Counties record isn't great or they would be on the same point as us BUT they have not put together really terrible runs since the start of the season when Adams was in charge.

They lost the first 7 matches of the season but Jim McIntyre has never lost more than 2 games in a row and they have been picking up points fairly regularly, even if many of them were draws. Again contrast with us. we've lost 4 in a row twice and 5 in a row already this season. It's these terrible runs that are responsible for the collapse in moral that we've seen this season. Ross County obvious believe they can get out of this because results show that. We don't because we have been losing virtually every weekend.

It's pretty obvious that Ross County have improved under McIntyre, hang in in games and pick up points on a semi regular basis. They also had time to improve since their bad start was from the very start of the season.

We don't have time to improve, we have to improve now. In 2015 Ross County have picked up 8 points to our 1.

And another point, Baraclough has made comments which imply he thinks some of the players aren't in the physical condition they should be. If that's the case then they should be banned from going out every Saturday night and getting beyond blazing and posting pictures on Instagram of big plates of double fried chips they seem to be eating.

That is one of the embarrassments of the Scottish game. Unfortunately, when more progressive managers have tried to educate players there is an inevitable rebellion. John Collins is the one that always spring to mind, but there are plenty of examples. It still amazes me that anyone who gets a chance to play a game for a living wouldn't want to take care of themselves for a few years to get the most out of it.

English and foriegn managers rarely make it unless they have old firm money, and any good players need to be out of Scotland for the sake of their careers before they're 21 and piss their career away. How many Scottish players have had short spells in England before returning to Scotland? The talent is there but the work ethic isn't. The culture in our game is terrible and any time someone tries to shake things up they get rejected.

I don't think we should sack baraclough, not because I think he's particularly good, but partly because we can't have our wasters of players hold the club and the fans to ransom. The reality is that the relegation scrap will be between four teams and it will go down to the last two games. If we change our manager now it will just show us up as a shambles and cause more upheaval. It may please some of our players, but will alienate others. Our only chance of staying honors of this regime does it.

Who's been up to this?

I mean, I fully believe it's the truth, but Instagram isn't a platform I frequent, so I'd like to know who my mental ire ahould be directed toward.

He made a few mistakes but his technique was above anyone else on the park.

Sorry I have to assume you were pissed laugh.gif and if so that's the best reason yet for not allowing alcohol back into football stadia drinks.gif. He was anonymous to the extent I had to look to make sure he was still on the park. What little time he had with the ball didn't prove he had anymore or a better technical abililty than most on the park - Straker excluded.

These players had to hit the ground running because of the predicament we find ourselves in - can't say any of them have, nor do they look to have improved on what we already have. Worrying times indeed.

Who's been up to this?

I mean, I fully believe it's the truth, but Instagram isn't a platform I frequent, so I'd like to know who my mental ire ahould be directed toward.

A certain defender is prone to appearing mangled on a weekly basis whilst consistently being utter shite.

A certain defender is prone to appearing mangled on a weekly basis whilst consistently being utter shite.

I have seen loads of pics of ZFA, Kerr, Reid and Erwin on there. Not one of them have they looked mangled. Is it one of them? They have looked like fannies at times but couldn't honestly say they looked mangled.

If we stick with this joker we are a certainty to go down.

The players aren't playing for him.

10 mins to go, 1 - 0 down home to Dundee, and he's 11 players in the box defending a corner.

Nae harm tae the laddie, but did we really beat off competition from Bradford Park Avenue to sign the guy from York reserves? What a coup.

15 mins to go, we need a goal, and who does he sub off? The only guy in our team who's looked like scoring all season of course.

Did we even have a touch of the ball in the Dundee 18 yard box yesterday? Fucking Dundee!

If you want my advice on gambling (and lets face it who wouldn't) we are 11/4 to finish bottom with Sky Bet. If we stick with this guy, get yer hoose oan it.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Kenny Black / Jimmy Calderwood / Terry Butcher in please.

Possibly not but when we're as bad as we are at the minute coupled with how unfit we look most weekends you'd like to think the players would be doing what they can to improve themselves - not be out getting mwi constantly and eating big bowls of chips.

It'd be easier to name the players who aren't hammered most weekends.

large groups of our most passionate supporters, love it when it suited

makes for a great player/fan night out, selfies in town etc but not so much for the long term benefit of a football club or their long term careers

but even though its contributed to putting us out cups some terrible starts to the season

its not even in the top five problems that need sorted for us to stay in the league.

A good enough reason to rip up any contracts that are not suitable though, but just another problem Baraclough has inherited