Baraclough Out

Bop

I have watched all of Baraclough's interviews on youtube.

I worked for years in the public sector and he reminds me of lots of managers who came into work every day beautifully turned out with an expensive suit, coiffured hair and excellent manners. They talked a good game and told everyone about all their successes in previous jobs. After a few months you realised they were wankers who had talked their way up the greasy pole on the backs of hard working minions. I'm afraid when I saw Baraclough's first interview this is exactly what came into my head. However I was prepared to give him the benefit of time in the job.

Yesterday I was convinced he was another corporate nonentity who talked a good game but is not up to the job.

I would not condemn his signings just yet. Players need time to settle and adjust to their new surroundings. One of my favourite players of recent years was Steve Jennings. He hardly played during his first six months at the club but went on to be a fine player.

Admittedly the left back looked terrible but the others need time. I watched Liverpool during the week and the commentator said that Liverpool had brought in lots of new players over the summer and it has been only since November that they have been playing well. Unfortunately we do not have three months to allow our new players to settle in.

However

The tactics yesterday were poor. When I heard the team I thought Moore would be played right up front beside Sutton. To play a young striker in midfield in what must have been his third or fourth start was nothing short of criminal. He brought in two wingers and to play Erwin on the wing was strange.

There was no fight at all and sometimes when you lose 1-0the opposing goalie has had a great game but I do not remember one shot at goal during the game.

I wonder if there is something fundamentally wrong.

Do Lasley McManus Ramsden look at the players Baraclough has brought in at training and do they realise that they are not up to it and so they have become disillusioned with the whole set up? If that is the case we are doomed.The manager's credibility with the senior players will be nil and the new players will not settle.

We need a win in our next two games preferably 4 points. If we don't then we need a rethink.

Sorry for the rant. I don't even post on here very often but I am all over the place after yesterday. The first 45 against St Johnstone and the 90 minutes yesterday were among the worst I have seen in more than 50 years following the Well.

The players who are capable of turning this around, switched off ages ago. Money talks and lack of bonuses, which was routinely heading to their accounts the past few seasons has abruptly switched off. Imagine a tight group, bonded together with relative success most weeks, starting to disband. New players take their places with inferior ability. Throw in the same mistakes, the same failings week after week and the top players in the dressing room start to get disillusioned. Now, throw in a new manager who by all accounts isnt rated by the players, who brings in new guys from the lower leagues who have achieved the root of feck all and walk straight into the team. Sound familiar!

Do Lasley McManus Ramsden look at the players Baraclough hasbrought in at training and do they realise that they are not up to it and so they have become disillusioned with the whole set up?

A thought provoking post. In answer to your question the 3 existing players you mention have been performing poorly all season and not just since the new guys arrived. They ought to look at themselves first and ask why they themselves are not playing well. There may be good reasons for that. The whole team is playing poorly.

Speaking to my mate who is a fairly high up football journo and Well fan based in Yorkshire tonight. A colleague of his has covered a few York matches this season and concurs with what most have seen so far, Straker is one the worst players he has ever seen in his years covering football. His thoughts on the other signings that he knew of weren't particularly complimentary either. The only one of them they were impressed by is Grant and the fact we were able to get him from Everton.

1424626570[/url]' post='433429']

Sorry I have to assume you were pissed laugh.gif and if so that's the best reason yet for not allowing alcohol back into football stadia drinks.gif. He was anonymous to the extent I had to look to make sure he was still on the park. What little time he had with the ball didn't prove he had anymore or a better technical abililty than most on the park - Straker excluded.

These players had to hit the ground running because of the predicament we find ourselves in - can't say any of them have, nor do they look to have improved on what we already have. Worrying times indeed.

I just said he looked a tidy player

Technical ability ...his goal v ross county shows he has something about him and saw enough bits and pieces v Dundee to say he's got something........let's put Stuart Carswell and Ramsden into middle of the park insteadReally hope Bara can turn this around, he seems to be trying to chane a helluva lot , but he's up against it. I was a big Stuart McCall fan too, but he had lost the place too, can't always be the gaffer ??

Technical ability ...his goal v ross county shows he has something about him and saw enough bits and pieces v Dundee to say he's got something........let's put Stuart Carswell and Ramsden into middle of the park insteadReally hope Bara can turn this around, he seems to be trying to chane a helluva lot , but he's up against it. I was a big Stuart McCall fan too, but he had lost the place too, can't always be the gaffer ??

I thought Grant looked a good player at Dingwall and he could prove an asset if played in the correct role (box to box) in a straight 4-4-2 set up. He was deployed in the wrong role last Saturday. As for Ramsden he was very in poor in midfield against Ross County and should not play there again. He is a right back and thats it.

When IB arrived i thought he would do ok, he talked a good game , new ownership a bit of extra cash for 6 new faces brought in during January, so the club seemed to be moving in the right direction. But having watched that dross on Saturday i dont think he is up to the job, ok we have a few key players injured, pearson, Hammell and Vigurs but i honestly think we have got worse since he took over.

A couple of the players he brought in look to have some potential, Grant and Long and maybe Laing but the rest Oh dear, :doh: Johnson, Thomas and Straker are utter dross, they are way out of their depth at premiership level. This situation is turning in to a re-run of the Jim Gannon saga, lots of promise , then loses the dressing room and we end up struggling. If we get beaten by ICT on Saturday, which given our current form is a banker away win, then i think IB's time is up and he should be punted if he does not do the decent thing and walk himself. Then we could get somebody else in to steady the ship and have 10 games to keep us up.

Waited until today to post my thoughts to let it digest...

Following the big campaign from the club to come and support the team, I made my first home game since October, cancelling plans to accommodate - and to be honest, feel completely ripped off and in no rush to return.

For a team in the deep stuff at the wrong end of the table we played with zero passion, zero desire and zero commitment. The line-up was beyond baffling and chasing the game we kept Sutton up front himself - who doesn't have the mobility to be effective without support.

I think 90% of the squad should be taking a long hard look at themselves. Wonder how they are sleeping at night these days as they are meant to be professionals, and right now are looking like utter impostors.

Which brings me on to Barraclough...

There has been zero improvement since he took over. He is excellent at talking the talk, but proving he can't walk the walk. Strange decisions on Saturday, the team clearly don't seem to be responding to his methods and its the same excuse over and over.

Its still early days, but his signings never excited me in the slightest, and Straker at LB is not a football player! Worst single performance by anyone I've seen at Fir Park in my life.

I'm all for giving managers time, and not calling for his head yet, but something needs to change and fast. He has 3 games max for me to deliver a win - hell even a performance!

The players need to get their finger out, especially the old heads. Sure injuries haven't helped, but surely the team that finished 2nd last year has enough about it to get past St. Mirren and Ross County? I lay the majority of blame squarely at the players feet - they have been completely embarrassing for McCall, Black and Barraclough which suggests there heads are not in it for whatever reason.

My major question, is why was Barraclough given the job in the first place? It came as a surprise to everyone on hear when he got the nod and should his tenure come to an abrupt end, I will be looking to those who appointed what appears to be a complete fraudster of a manager to be held to account. While the buck stops with the manager and players, the people appointment the manager are accountable, especially when they took a "gamble" rather than appoint a tried and tested safe pair of hands and they will be as much to blame for relegation as anyone!

Even today I'm still pissed off to fuck at the sorry state we are in. The most enraging thing is we are going down without a whimper. Shocking.

• Like 1

9 pages and counting... Imagine having the temerity to question his appointment - beware, there's a moderator conspicuous by one's absence :nod:

To be fair, I did prior to the club backing him & had slightly seen the error of my ways & was prepared to give him time - seems there is plenty & not just on this board who have altered their thinking also.

I'd assume we're about 7 days away from some press story about how the squad is divided and falling apart as well. An 'Unnamed source' telling us about how the new boys that have come in are all dreadful and split the spirit of the squad from the old and new.

We're absolutely manky, happily marching towards a good few years in the Championship. Baraclough's decisions are absolutely unfathomable.

Bringing in what, three wingers? When we've already got one who provided most of our assists and plenty of goals last year, and another breaking through from the youths who looks a danger every time he appears? Having a kid who's come in and performed fine at left back despite being out of position, but no, we'll stick one of the aforementioned wingers there, and stick our other talented centre forward out on the wing, isolating our striker who literally everyone who's ever seen him, knows that if you give him service, he'll score plenty.

Kerr: Hits some form, dropped immediately for someone who was sent off on his debut because he was too slow. Law: A right back. Every time he plays at right back, he looks like a decent player: dropped. Ramsden: Digging in in midfield and giving us a bit of fight, that's been lacking all year: Moved away from there. Craig Moore: Came back against United, adding pace to our, to say the least, sluggish forward line: into midfield you go.

The first half against Thistle: We pressed all over the park, we pushed them back and looked actually good. Second half: Didn't bother. Haven't done it since.

We're going to go down, that much is patently clear at this point. Not only are we poor, but we're getting worse.

I've got to say I'm surprised by how one sided this thread is.

Does anyone want the guy to stay? Not heard anything so far.

Personally for me, he's got next week and if no semblance of progress then he must go.

I was one of the people who were pretty vocal about him being given the opportunity to bring in some of his own players before we judged him, saying just that after the loss to Aberdeen. I didn't think he'd get the chance to make any real changes until the summer though, so I always believed he should be given until then to make his mark before we judged him.

With the signings in january though he's been given an earlier chance to stamp his own identity on the side, and thus far it's not looking great. Six games on from that assessment, and we've nicked one point from a possible eighteen or something, which is terrible.

I also believe the Kilmarnock game will be the decider. I don't see us getting much from Inverness, but no points from the next two will likely result in something being done, which is unfortunate, as it means going back to the drawing board.

Who would have thought we'd be in this position after the guys we brought in during January? A 'keeper who's played at England youth level, an Everton midfield prospect and a number of other guys who looked to be good enough to at least play a part in securing us 10th in the table? Fucking hell. I know I wasn't the only one who was optimistic the morning after the transfer deadline had passed.

I have no doubt that by suggesting we gave the manager time to at least bring in his own players and put them on the park I'll get the "I told you so" treatment from certain forum members, and I guess that's deserved. If and when we appoint another manager I'll be doing the exact same again, so feel free to batter in.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion but I can't see why anybody wanted to give him more time when all he has done so far is make us worse. I can't see any positives at all since he came in. His only solution to the problem seems to be that players need to be "braver on the ball" and "take responsibility" which he mentions after every defeat. I'd suggest that players playing in a position that they're comfortable in and knowing what their role is and the manager employing tactics that suit the players should be a bit higher up his agenda. IMO that is why there looks to be a lack of effort, nobody know's what's going on. He's clueless.

Why should he get any more games? It's just throwing points away and reducing the chance of avoiding relegation. We need to get him punted now.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion but I can't see why anybody wanted to give him more time when all he has done so far is make us worse. I can't see any positives at all since he came in. His only solution to the problem seems to be that players need to be "braver on the ball" and "take responsibility" which he mentions after every defeat. I'd suggest that players playing in a position that they're comfortable in and knowing what their role is and the manager employing tactics that suit the players should be a bit higher up his agenda. IMO that is why there looks to be a lack of effort, nobody know's what's going on. He's clueless.

Why should he get any more games? It's just throwing points away and reducing the chance of avoiding relegation. We need to get him punted now.

Well, I wanted to give him more time for the reasons I mentioned. As a new manager he should be allowed to at least bring in a few of his own players and actually be given some games to play them in. I honestly believe that this is the least a new man in the position should be given.

McCall couldn't get anything from the squad pre-January, so it shouldn't really surprise anyone that Baraclough couldn't either.

Being given a fair amount of backing and a load of new players in January makes Baraclough more accountable at this point though, as he's now been given his own players and come the Kilmarnock game he'll have also been given time to play them.

If things haven't changed by then questions have to be asked.

I wouldn't have employed him in the first place.

What's he shown so far to suggest he can turn it round in the next 2 games?

He has shown nothing, no tactical abillity, playing players out of position, no plan B when we need a goal, playing guys like Straker who would struggle to get a game for a school team,so i fully expect him to be gone by next Sunday if we dont get anything from ICT, assuming the board have the balls to punt him if he does not walk himself.

I wouldn't have employed him in the first place.

What's he shown so far to suggest he can turn it round in the next 2 games?

He hasn't shown much, but if we're not going to give him a chance then what's the point? He was given the backing to bring in a fair number of players, wasn't he? Doing that to only get shot of him a game or two later would be fucking mental, which is why I think he really has to be given until the Kilmarnock game. If things aren't working at that point then the situation needs addressed.

When McCall left I was of the opinion that we should bring in someone like Tommy McLean to see us to the end of the season then look to push on from there. A lot of the current squad are out of contract, so any new manager would have had as close to a clean slate to work with as possible.

We didn't do that though, we appointed Baraclough, and sure, I would have rather we appointed Van Der Gaag as well, but the fact is Baraclough is here, and it's only right that he's given a chance.

There are also other factors to consider as well, with the main one being who we could realistically replace him with in a hurry? Is there anyone available that would actually want the job?

The situation isn't good, at all, but it requires more than just handing the manager his jotters and working it out from there.

We have been utter dross in every single game (bar maybe the win over Utd and the first half in the win v Thistle) which takes some doing.

This season has tested even the most patient, optimistic and "glass half full" type 'Well fans to the limit and on Saturday their patience finally ran out. Whether the board are considering punting Barraclough in the next week or so we don't know, but I think either way we may be mighty close to seeing a repeat of the season tickets being thrown on the park like at the end of the Malpas season.

I would like a change now. Bottom line is that he is at the very least supposed to lift the team, make them harder to beat.

This is NOT happening in any way shape or form and that includes being allowed to bring in 7 players. I would love him to prove me wrong and we win (v unlikely) v ICT and then escape relegation. Then I would happily eat humble pie.

But should we lose v ICT - we need to act. We cannot just let him take us meekly into the champioship which is what is looking like happening.

The club and Board need a Plan B and I suspect they will be working on it - they should B.

This season has tested even the most patient, optimistic and "glass half full" type 'Well fans to the limit and on Saturday their patience finally ran out. Whether the board are considering punting Barraclough in the next week or so we don't know, but I think either way we may be mighty close to seeing a repeat of the season tickets being thrown on the park like at the end of the Malpas season.

With half a dozen games left on them - I think not.

We have been utter dross in every single game (bar maybe the win over Utd and the first half in the win v Thistle) which takes some doing.

We did look decent in the 3-1 loss at Utd, pretty terrible for much of the St.Johnstone game but with 10 men started to look decent as we fought back for a point.

Anyway the big issue is timing, sacking Barraclough now or in a game or two time does look horrendously panicky although no wins in 8 and possibly stretching to ten games is certainly relegation and sackable form, that much is undisputed.

As much as we desperately need points, a certain level of dectable cohesion and performance in the next two games notably lacking from the last couple and I'd be tempted to give him the benefit of the not inconsiderable doubt. If we look shapeless and lacking any sort of clear purpose I'd bite the bullet and sack him and get in someone like Tommy McLean or an experienced manager to try rescue what might be beyond saving at this point.

Sacking him now will make us look shambolic and risk sinking us but a 10 game winless run was enough to bin Gannon and I agreed with that then so be hard pushed to convince otherwise if we repeat it now.