Baraclough Out

Bop

It doesn't really help make us look like an attractive proposition for any new managerial candidates either, does it?

There isn't a football club in any top division in the world that will keep someone with 1 point in 10 matches. Not one. Very, very few would stick with 1 in 8 matches.

I genuinely despair he's been working as a scout in the Championship. He's vastly underestimated the quality of the league and thought he could get away with signing inferior standard players. Straker would struggle to play for BPA or lower and in all honesty, no one else looks particularly great. Grant being the exception.

In many ways I thought the appointment of IB was a refreshing change and a wee bit 'out of the box' thinking even if not an obvious or 1st choice for me.

Definitely a risk but maybe worth a wee gamble.

What I didn't reckon on was the large number of players brought in during January; 3 imho would have been enough to retain harmony and enhance the team.

I feel the heart has been ripped out of the side and players are unable to shake off the bad form they are in, especially given some of IB's signings are to be blunt 'gash' and must cause resentment by their inclusion ahead of inherited players.

The standard of signings had to be much higher, not just in a technical sense but the mentality had to be right as well ie hardened pros ready for a short term fix to avoid relegation or play - offs.

We cried out for Erwin, Thomas and the returning Moore to play. What does IB do?, bench the most productive one and play the other 2 in positions alien to them.

As a club time was the big enemy, and whether or not his signings become superstars in the fullness of time, his scatter-gun approach has backfired spectacularly.

Sorry to say this but the clock is running down and short of a complete turnaround I cannot see a way out of our predicament.

• Like 1

as i have said before the only signing that can be accounted for during this short term is obrien as he and we knew what we would be getting, the other 7 deserve some time :doh:

Once you have removed Baracloughs cock from your throat and balls from your chin you will see what the rest of the 'Well support do.

The man is a joke.

• Like 5

as i have said before the only signing that can be accounted for during this short term is obrien as he and we knew what we would be getting, the other 7 deserve some time :doh:

Time for what ? to convince even more fans that some of them are way out of their depth, are you serioulsly trying to argue that somebody like Straker who struggled to get a game with an English league 2 side has the ability to cut it at premiership level.

Time is something we do not have. Stick to talking about Bradford Park Avenue.

Once you have removed Baracloughs cock from your throat and balls from your chin you will see what the rest of the 'Well support do.

The man is a joke.

:lol::lol:

He's made an arse of the signings. Quality rather than quantity was what was required. He was initially given the benefit of the doubt with the signings as nobody had heard of them. Turns out there was a good reason for that.

Someone on here should be the next manager, since everyone knows how to manage the team better.

If not, I'd go for an experienced manager, who knows the Scottish game inside out, perhaps someone like Terry Butcher. If only Hibs had done that last year.......ph34r.gif

• Like 3

Someone on here should be the next manager, since everyone knows how to manage the team better.

If not, I'd go for an experienced manager, who knows the Scottish game inside out, perhaps someone like Terry Butcher. If only Hibs had done that last year.......ph34r.gif

Wouldn't be difficult.

Tell me, are you happy with the job Baraclough has done so far? Do you feel he is the man to lead the players away from the relegation zone?

If you are, and if you do, I believe you are in a very small minority.

Please, before you reply, spare me the chronic "so who would you have instead" patter.

Wouldn't be difficult.

Tell me, are you happy with the job Baraclough has done so far? Do you feel he is the man to lead the players away from the relegation zone?

If you are, and if you do, I believe you are in a very small minority.

Please, before you reply, spare me the chronic "so who would you have instead" patter.

I really believe that there are many punters on here who could have selected a better team for Saturdays game against Dundee and went with different tactics. Of course a purely hypothetical siuation but since we ended up with zero points anyone on here would not have done any worse.

I am normally one to give people a chance but so far he has made decisions on the 3 items below and in my opinion has drastically failed in all 3 categories. it also seems he has been unable to instil lsome spirit into the team, admittedely probably much harder thah the 3 he's already failed on. I also think that if fans had seen some marked improvement on the field, that even if we were still in same position, they would be more willing to support him. Sometimes you have to just face up to situations and admit your mistakes. For the board, this may be one of those times.

team selection,

team tactics

new signings.

Our whole situation reminds me of Hibs last season.

Total lack of confidence.

Bringing in too many new players in January (When they have no real time to settle in).

Bringing in a new Manager half way through the season.

Unless some kind of miracle occurs in the next few games then I can't see anyway out of this. Our only real saving grace is that Ross County, St Mirren and Partick Thistle are all on the same run of form.

I think it will be tight, but going on current form I can't see how we can escape relegation.

No I wouldn't say I'm happy to date because the overall performances & results are still as shite as they have been for all of the 2014/2015 season. I also expected to have between 24-26 points by now if being honest.

Do I feel he's the man to lead us away from the relegation zone? I don't expect the board to sack him so don't see what the benefits would be in not supporting him & the players. As a result, he will get my full support whilst he's Motherwell's manager.

The annoying aspect for me is that if we had appointed VDG and had the exact same results/performances, he would have been afforded more time because of happy memories of his playing career at Fir Park. I get this but Barraclough and even Rab Maaskant (who personally I think was the most qualified for the post) were never going to have this luxury.

As for the final quote;

Cry me a river fella!!!

• Like 1

No I wouldn't say I'm happy to date because the overall performances & results are still as shite as they have been for all of the 2014/2015 season. I also expected to have between 24-26 points by now if being honest.

Do I feel he's the man to lead us away from the relegation zone? I don't expect the board to sack him so don't see what the benefits would be in not supporting him & the players. As a result, he will get my full support whilst he's Motherwell's manager.

The annoying aspect for me is that if we had appointed VDG and had the exact same results/performances, he would have been afforded more time because of happy memories of his playing career at Fir Park. I get this but Barraclough and even Rab Maaskant (who personally I think was the most qualified for the post) were never going to have this luxury.

As for the final quote;

[/size]

Cry me a river fella!!!

I wouldn't say the fact that hes not 'motherwell', that's getting him crucified, I'd say it's that he's somehow made us worse than we were at what felt like a pretty low ebb earlier in the season.

A good manager doesn't shoe-horn players into a system. He picks the best system to win the match at hand, or at least something the players are used to. A good manager doesn't think for the long-term when his team are in a relegation dog fight, he sets his team up with the best 11 players to get the result. Whether that is via a super defensive approach looking for a 1-0, or a more attacking mindset.

What I am seeing is tinkering with the hope that something clicks in the next couple of months, and that in the meantime other teams around us stay shite.

I think that there is no chance that we make a change now, as we have went all in with his changes and half the squad are his guys. We also just employed an assistant last week, and I doubt we're going to fire him after a week in the job.

I'd hate to think of us as an kneejerk club. I also worry that Baraclough has been undermined from within the dressing room, and that in time he may show himself to be an excellent manager - despite what many say on here his record made him a reasonable bet, which is what most of us wanted. If he has been undermined, particularly by senior pros, I would like to see those who are deliberately harming the club for their own agenda get the chop, rather than a manager who is clearly trying his heart out.

And the Baraclown / imposter patter is so cringe, it's painful to watch at the moment but I haven't seen any brilliant line ups quoted here which would make any difference - we are in a state. Baraclough inherited a mess of a dressing room and has failed to turn it round - right now he looks like the only one near the pitch bothered about it. Most of the Dimebars with all the 'told you so' pish in this thread are thick malcontents who moan about everything and wanted Tommy Mclean back in the seat and Ched Evans up front. You've made your point, go and get some fresh air.

However, I can't help but recall the instantaneous turnaround which occurred what Brown and Knox took over. I can't remember the score in the game at Tynecastle, which I think came within a day of the announcement, but I do remember we looked immediately like a different team, all over the park. The increase in confidence and togetherness spread right through the support pretty much from the off and what looked like an odd appointment suddenly seemed like an act of genius.

So it can be done. Would I take survival at the cost of mistreating a decent manager and decent guy... yes. I wonder if Lambert feels any obligation towards the club that sent him to Germany? It's just 12 games Paul.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say the fact that hes not 'motherwell', that's getting him crucified, I'd say it's that he's somehow made us worse than we were at what felt like a pretty low ebb earlier in the season.

Rab Maaskant, who has won a national championship (Poland) as a manager, never had anywhere near the support that VDG had, why was that? Personally, I think it comes down to "memories" of their playing days. The same has occurred in the past when Luc Nijholt's name came up a few times for the gaffer.

If a fans' favourite is appointed, then he'll always get extra time to sort things out. That's only natural.

Don't get me wrong Saturday was utter dire but personally I don't think it was any worse than say when St Johnstone beat us 1-0 in August or when Accies pumped us 4-0 in September for example. Even the night we beat Dundee Utd under Kenny Black in November, we could have been easily scudded 4 or 5-1.

• Like 1

Rab Maaskant, who has won a national championship (Poland) as a manager, never had anywhere near the support that VDG had, why was that?

Personally I thought that was because he never stayed at a club more than a year or so and struggled without cash whereas MVDG found success with 2 cash strapped Portugese minnows

I see the undermining of the manager by the players has moved on from dreadful performances to players from other sides coming out with stories about how players at the club are concerned about the lack of goals and creativity among the signings. Mark Wilson on the BBC website doing his pals a favour. My money is on McManus...

Whether you agree with the assessment or not, last thing the club needs is infighting and players undermining what team spirit there may be left...

Personally I thought that was because he never stayed at a club more than a year or so and struggled without cash whereas MVDG found success with 2 cash strapped Portugese minnows

VDG has never completed 2 seasons at any of his 3 clubs (Marítimo B, Maritimo & Belenenses) due to variety of reasons (job promotion, sacked and finally forced to quit due to ill health). He led Maritimo to 5th and won promotion to Primeira Liga with Belenenses which are both positives in my book.

Both Maritimo & Belenenses are minnows if comparing against the likes of Porto, Sporting & Benfica. I suppose in the same way as we could be classed as minnows if compared to Celtic and Rangers(RIP). It's my understanding that both clubs' incomes will be higher than Motherwell's due to higher TV deals. Both clubs however do have smaller crowds than us.

Two things to note about Portuguese football though;.

They allow 3rd Party Ownership, so not sure if he had access to a far higher quality of player than that of what Motherwell could get their hands on. They also have slacker immigrations rules than the UK so easier to bring in players from outside EU. A large percentage of players in Portugal are from South America for example.

From a very reliable source, his plans for Youth Development & Sports Science were very impressive but I understand "the right manager at the wrong time" thing as not convinced he could have fixed the short-term problems. I also think he would have encountered culture & methodology issues with the current crop of players and fans for that. Some of our fans find Baraclough's introduction of yoga at the club funny, yet it's being used by the tops clubs in football to keep players fit and flexible.