Who Interviewed This Man?

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

Ok, so it's now apparent baraclough is right out of the bargain basement bin....but the question I my lips is, who in Gods name interviewed this excuse for a manager? Surely playing champ manager after school 5 days a week isn't the pre-requisite for deciding the future of an SPFL Football team ...well, for now anyway! Embarrassing!!!

I understand it to be Weir, McMahon, McCafferty and Burrows with the new owner giving him the nod.

If these men have any credibility they'll hold their hands up soon enough. The fact that It was seemingly a straight choice between this fraudster with an insignificant cv and a former player who has managed at the top level in Portugal makes it all the more galling.

The fact that It was seemingly a straight choice between this fraudster with an insignificant cv and a former player who has managed at the top level in Portugal makes it all the more galling.

It's absolutely mental.

I wouldn't claim to know Burrows, Weir or McCafferty but i've talked football with them all before and i'm very surprised they made such a bad choice.

Have to say I was firmly wanting Butcher back, purely on the basis he has a bit of stature and knowledge of the game in Scotland. V.D Gaag would have been very acceptable too.

That said I did welcome IB and hoped we had uncovered a decent manager from a fairly unknown background.

His failings to date have genuinely shocked me.

Retaining the 'old guard' in the starting eleven despite lack of form and stomach for a relegation dog-fight .

Playing young players out of position.

Promising a pressing game high up the pitch which doesn't happen.

Bringing in 7 new players halfway thru' the season was a big. big risk and looks like it hasn't paid off.

Fingers crossed he can turn it round but I just don't think he has a strong enough mentality or personality to do so.

Worrying times !

Butcher failed at Hibs what make you think he could have rescued us, and can someone explain to me what makes Van Der Gagg the greatest manager we never appointed

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Van Der Gaag would have been a guaranteed success. In a two horse race though, he had the far better pedigree.

Watching the post match interview, I think he's gone.

What we needed was a manager to get us to the end of the season then go from there.we brought in a manager who has no knowledge of the players he is inheriting and No knowledge of the league what so ever and we didnt and dont have time for someone like baraclough to take 12-15 games to get to know the players and how they play

We are going down as i see no philosophy or style from this man. The guy talks like he has won every major tournament in club football but what he talks about and how he implements it are 2 different things

Some gullible c--ts with painted on ears.

He's finished.

Sounded down and has ran out of bullshittin' lingo to fool the masses.

The players ain't buying into the sham and the penny finally dropped with the support.

time to call;

auld-heid@last-chance-saloon.com

Why the fuck is our general manager interviewing our manager. That's utterly fucked up.

It was said on the recent By the Min podcast that the money which was earmarked for another member of the media team went into the football budget instead at the suggestion of the GM who would cover both roles.

I don't know what the sums involved were but to me the gesture seemed very well intentioned and done for the best reasons.

• Like 1

One thing is for sure Flow was trying to do the club a favour and taking on two or maybe 1.5 roles so that extra money could be made available to bring in player such as Ojamma.

He is a passionate Well fan as well as being generally quite a clever chap.

No one will be hurting more if this appointment turns outas it is look like to be a disaster.

As a Manager of large teams I know 1st hand how people can interview extremely well and then when it comes down to it are found wanting. I am sure Barraclough gave a great interview. I know I was impressed with his 1st interviews.

Sadly it lokks like Barra talks a better game than he can deliver. I would not give him more time but if he gets it - it has to be ICT ONLY.