Motherwell v Inverness ct 28/02/15

insrebus

Much better performance today skippy was different class held the ball up came short worked his arse off in fairness the others put a good shift in as well. Much more mobile without Sutton up front, deserved to win. But still had a couple of lapses with players free who on another day would have punished us. Inverness's new forward looks a good player hit the post and scored for them

That's what I want to see from my team...a performance full of guts and effort.

After 2mins you could tell we were up for it, and the team selection was spot on, we looked like a competent, solid football team.

The difference for me was Pearson and McDonald...never was a huge fan of Pearo, but he has matured into a ver accomplished central midfielder and still has that burst of pace. McDonald out top, was everything you want from a centre forward...linking up play, great 1st touch and a pure nuisance for the defenders.

First time I've came away from Fir Park this season having enjoyed a game.

If I'm looking for negatives....the choice of substitute for a tiring Skippy was fucking bizarre, when we were flagging, we should have been looking for an Ainsworth or Moore to come on and carry the ball up the park...not Sutton.

Also, Simon Ramsden could have easily been sent off before he was, he had a good game but his temperament lets him down badly at times.

Best performance of the season, loads of guts and effort!! wee Macdonald was outstanding!!

I will glaze over the defences limitations for now but much better!!

heard Baraclough on the radio delighted but saying the players will be in tomorrow!! Good on him!!

Great result.

Ramsden is a wank. Screams and shouts at his own team then does the exact same thing as players he has berated. Also thinks he's a hard man and gets sent off yet again. Gtf.

Great team performance. Erwin and Skippy worked better than Sutton would have I think

I don't care what anyone thinks, Ramsdens not arsed!! his pal MCall is gone and he' seeing out the season!!

• Like 1

Lined up 442 Grant on the right las and pero in the middle and Johnson on the left, Law right back, Ramsden left back

I thought it looked more 532, particularly first half. With laing mcmanus and ramsden in the centre, law and johnson full backs changing to 352 in attack.

I'd kinda of forgotten that going to football matches can actually be an enjoyable experience!

Good blood n' snotters performance today. McDonald and Pearson made a huge difference and that's all it takes, a couple of real quality players can kick the rest of the team on.

Last week we hardly touched the ball in the first 3 minutes of that match, this week we dictated the play from the start. It just be a small thing but I think it really matters that you put a marker down right at the start of the match. We dominated the early stages and if you do that the other team knows they are in a match.

One thing though was we didn't really create many good chances, the irony was the one we did that fell to McDonald, well I think that is the kinda of chance that John Sutton thrives on! After about 35 minutes or so we looked to start a little bit tired and maybe went down a gear and let Inverness back into it. Luckily George Long made a great save to keep us in it.

Second half both teams had spells on top and we were a bit lucky in that Inverness hit the post and the barbut we scored two good goals and we did well to lift it after Inverness equalized.

Ramsden, I didn't see the incident but it wouldn't surprise me if he did something stupid because he has previous. I was also a bit disappointed with our wide players today although Johnson came into the game in the second half and you can see he has something, Connor Grant wasn't much involved and doesn't look like a natural wide player.

Lots of good performances though - Long made a crucial save, Law looks a lot more comfortable at right back, Lasley was great, Erwin worked his socks off, Pearson and McDonald were terrific though. They have raised the whole level of performance. If we can get Hammelll back and fit and sort out the wide positions and I think we'll have a fighting chance but we need to follow this up next Saturday, no use putting that performance in today and then failing against Kilmarnock.

• Like 1

What a better feeling on a Saturday night, it has been a while coming. Shame our closest rivals also won.

Far superior performance all throughout the team. The difference Pearo and Skippy made was unbelievable, confident strong professional players who wanted go take responsibility on the ball and led by example.

Talking of which I thought the much maligned Lasley and McManus both had their best games of the season. Josh Law also was solid at right back. Surprise eh but why has it taken so long to play him their for the full 90!

Big Erwin I thought was impressive and worked his arse off. Potential very good strike force in the making even young Moore looked strong when he came of the bench....

There just seemed to be a sharpness about our team which had been lacking for so long.

Credit to Barra I think we have a right good player in Johnson. He looks slick and when he's up to speed and confident I think he will be flying.

Brilliant 3pts today but more importantly the performance and effort through out was spot on... Apart from Ramsden, utter liability with his tackling. No need to fly in with a ref who couldn't wait to get his card out for Well players.

Agree with the above, ICT have got themselves a cracking player in that big lad up front. Complete handful,

Much more like it today. We resembled a professional football team that was well drilled with bundles of desire and good fitness. Good to see some evidence of the pressing and shape that the management team have been talking about.

Impossible to underestimate the difference Pearson and Skippy made but Lasley also answered some of his critics today with a proper captains performance. McManus done likewise and Johnson looks like a potentially decent signing. Positives all round.

More of the same next week please.

• Like 1

I thought it looked more 532, particularly first half. With laing mcmanus and ramsden in the centre, law and johnson full backs changing to 352 in attack.

It was a 4-4-2 all day long.

Good performances throughout the team. Brave to drop your top scorer but it was the right choice in my opinion as the movement and mobility of McDonald and Erwin was top class and dragged ICT all over the place at times. McDonald's link up play was excellent. Pearson was a driving force in the middle and Lasley had his best game of the season. Wing play was promising but need more from those areas and sure it will come from Johnson. Grant did well and has lovely skill but isn't a natural winger....that said he provided the cross for the goal. McManus and Laing both had good games I thought. Law was excellent at right back. Ramsden was solid but made 2 bad decisions with the tackles. Best of all everyone involved bust an abolsute gut, closed down a lot and it was great to see McManus and Lasley shouting all match

All in - if we play like that for the remaining games I am sure we will stay up.

Cross for the first goal was a thing of beauty. Just had to get that out of the way first.

Night and day from last week. Organised, committed, good shape. Pearson and Lasley in tandem looks a better balance than we've had since Nicky Law left. McDonald and Erwin worked well together and while it wasn't always coming off for him today, think Johnson will turn out to be a cracking player. Just see something in him.

Defence for the most part did OK. Laing seems to, once a game, go chasing a ball he's never getting leaving a big gap behind him but today was the best I've seen him play. Thought Law was excellent at right back (bar that attempted pass back in the first half).

Win next week and hopefully confidence will really pick up.

Well done to the players and staff...

Thought McDonald showed a bit of the leadership we've been looking for on the park and the players responded to it.

Great performance and great to see a bit of fight in the team again.

Agreed, he was also very visible in front of the dugout after he was subbed, encouraging the team and generally looking right up for the fight.

Overall a very different feeling this week from last, we actually looked like a football team this week.:cheers:

Highlights on BBC Alba the night at ten. Looking forward to tuning in, quality performance today, what a difference from last week. Replicate that type of performance for the duration of the campaign and I am sure we will be alright.

• Like 1