Motherwell V Kilmarnock 07/03/15

Yabba's Turd

considering all in all, another great result. Battled to the end. Climbed of the foot of the table. Well done. Looked like it got more difficult once they went down to 10, If they had not Im sure it would have been another 3 points.

Yes but were now 2 points behind Ross county, and I fancy we might be 5 points behind after next weeks games .

• Like 1

Its all about if's and but's. We are off the bottom. Probably a million miles away from where we all thought we were a couple of weeks ago.

Today was an ok result, against difficult opposition and conditions.

Lets just go to Aberdeen and do what we usually do up there!whistling.gif

A point was a decent result pre-game. Not a good result post, sadly. Thought our front 4/5 were excellent in the first half, Johnson in particular. Mcdonald will be the man that keeps us up if we manage it.

Worst decision was to take off Grant and bringing on Ainsworth. After today he should never play in a Motherwell shirt again. Continually hid from Law and didn't hit the byline like he did last season once. When he eventually got into positions his decision making was horrendous.

Johnson was the best player today by a mile some great crosses over just looking for someone to get there head on one. Got to mention Stalker who against Dundee was a nightmare but did look a lot better today. Great freekick from Skippy for the equaliser. Again we were the better team today and on the balance deserved to win onwards and upwards

We were excellent first half against 11 men - shite second half against 10 men.

Good performances from Johnson and McDonald, poor performances from grant and erwin. Not gonna jump on the straker bandwagon this week, one pass apart he did ok today

Straker was a lot better today. He made some good interceptions and tackles but as soon as he made a bad pass the East Stand turned on him. Even when he did good he was sarcastically cheered and applauded then you get Erwin who was shite today and receives encouragement right until he was subbed. The East Stand needs someone to hate and Straker is the man for the job.

• Like 1

Same effort and desire as last week but ran out of steam and ideas on a poor pitch. Enjoyable enough game and merited point.

I thought we lacked creativity in the final third against an organised defence and believe we could have done with taking Erwin and Johnson off a little earlier.

Poor goalkeeping for the Killie goal but the new signings are generally settling in well and having a positive impact. Straker the exception.

Could really do with a point in Aberdeen.

Straker was absolutely fine today, didn't do anything wrong.

Grant isn't a wide right midfielder and he did absolutely nothing today.

Thought Lasley was decent again without being spectacular, would have liked to have seen more from Pearson but just his presence is making us more balanced.

I actually thought ainsworth was fairly positive when he came on, very frustrating though.

McDonald first touch and link up play first class, more to come im guessing.

Johnson was busy although i don't get the love in for him.

Think we have a right back in Law, I have to say I've been converted. Maybe he should have got tighter for their goal but that apart thought he was one of our better players.

2 points lost in the big picture I fear but again, the desire and organisation seem to be there like last week.

Onwards and upwards, bite your hand off for a point next week.

Accies game huge, 3 points a must

2 points dropped for me,the sending off and Skippys equaliser with the last kick of the 1st half swung the game massively in our favour. But we never got in their faces enough so a big chance missed.

That said its 4 points out of 6 and i am happy with that, plus we are off the bottom so onwards and upwards. Thought straker was ok today, but Erwin was pish all game, Johnson looks a good prospect thought he was excellenr today.

Without question if you had offered me 4 points from 6 from the Inverness and Kilmarnock games following the abject misery of the Dundee display, yet curiously in the immediate aftermath of the game today I'm struggling to shake off the feeling that we've fallen just a little short.

Ten men; at home; whole second half to play; initiative with you after the goal immediately before half-time. You've got to take full points haven't you?

Still, again signs of progress. We lost a goal - and a fine goal it was at that - that we could have made more of a fist of preventing rather than standing back and admiring but I thought we limited Killie pretty well and were generally on the front foot for most of the game, for good spells even before they went down to 10 men.

Lots of chances, lots of corners, lots of time spent taking the game to the opposition. It really has been a sea change over the past couple of games. I can only see that continuing to develop as the likes of McDonald and Johnson further integrate themselves into the side.

The niggle is that Ross County have rather annoyingly found a rich vein of form at the same time. Still for all that, they are just two ahead and Thistle just six. And ofcourse we're now off the foot of the table

Could have been better today, perhaps should have been better, but still progress, still going in the right direction. Still have faith.

Straker was absolutely fine today, didn't do anything wrong.

Think we have a right back in Law, I have to say I've been converted. Maybe he should have got tighter for their goal but that apart thought he was one of our better players.

Yep and yep. Considering they apparently aren't even footballers, they did very well. Josh Law looks like a strong right back who wins a surprising amount in the air. Hopefully confidence continues to build in the two of them.