Double Standards, Hipocracy, And Lies

milo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

curious to find out how the stewards are allocated between stands. from the phil o'donnel it looked as if there was almost a steward for every person in the east stand corner beside the south stand. for the scum in the south stand looked as if there were about 10 stewards for the whole stand.

Away i am used to being treated as a second class citizen, but it seems every time the old firm come Motherwell treat us worse! Keep being told that communication is improving between the club and the supporters, but all i see is the club further distancing itself from the people it should be trying to improve relations with. Less time spent on a newsletter, more time spent on stuff that really matters!

Double standards between the fans today was ridicolous. Surely if one set of fans were told to sit down the others have to comply with these rules, but when i raised that point to the big fat bastard steward he just said i'm dealing with this stand. Well were any stewards at all dealing with the south.

Wellboy60. Ever since yer wee drama with the Hibs fan and the tri colour it just proved to me that you sir are a coward as there was no way you would ever do this against Celtic. It was just to prove that yer the big man walking about with a headset. Your comment on here a few days back was also ridicolous but i do appreciate the fact you had other matters to deal with during the game but from where i was standing it was as if all the yella jaiket bawbags were just crowding round the bunch of well fans at the front.

Also surely something can be done about Old Firm games in the future that make sure the Scum are kept behind for 5/10 minutes to let 'Well fans clear off back home, pub or where ever they're going. Can you not raise this matter with someone above you in the stewarding thingy?

Double standards between the fans today was ridicolous. Surely if one set of fans were told to sit down the others have to comply with these rules, but when i raised that point to the big fat bastard steward he just said i'm dealing with this stand. Well were any stewards at all dealing with the south.

Wellboy60. Ever since yer wee drama with the Hibs fan and the tri colour it just proved to me that you sir are a coward as there was no way you would ever do this against Celtic. It was just to prove that yer the big man walking about with a headset. Your comment on here a few days back was also ridicolous but i do appreciate the fact you had other matters to deal with during the game but from where i was standing it was as if all the yella jaiket bawbags were just crowding round the bunch of well fans at the front.

Also surely something can be done about Old Firm games in the future that make sure the Scum are kept behind for 5/10 minutes to let 'Well fans clear off back home, pub or where ever they're going. Can you not raise this matter with someone above you in the stewarding thingy?

Be quiet, sit down, pay attention.

When we were being told to sit down, although the big boy and the boy with the bottle in his pocket did say please, there were stewards doing the same thing in the top tier of the south stand.

I'd love to argue this point but its useless. Everywhere in the ground is stewarded in the same way. The only difference is that, with the Old Firm, they stand in larger numbers and thus takes longer to achieve any effective outcome.

At the end of the day, the guys on the otherside of the camera can see that a large percentile of those sitting in the section of the east stand don't even pay attention to most of the game. Maybe that was just how I percieved it today, however, Its schocking when everytime the ball is launched from the south stand towards the cooper many people seem to convey their attention towards the south stand for some strange reason.

I thought we paid silly money to watch the game.

Iain,

With regards the Irish flag I have explained in a previous post that I was wrong to have removed that flag ; that was emphasised to me by the match commander and I fully accept what he was saying.

Would I do this against Celtic - no and neither would any steward , simply because as I have explained already all national flags are acceptable inside Fir Park unless the match commander has an issue with it.

Do I do what I do to make me look 'big' - nope I am just doing my job to the best of my ability , as are the other stewards however we fully accept that we will not keep everyone happy all the time.

If you have any problems with me why not PM me or speak to me at the match?

We get the abuse as we are on the front line and that is comething we have to accept however much we might feel that it is sometimes unjustified.

I come on to the forums to see how I can help and that is what I am trying to do - If you have any issues/concerns or require further explanation the please PM me.

Now with regards to the valid points that have been made:

Why weren't Celtic fans kept back at end of match?

This was the decision of the match commander - if there was indeed trouble at the end of the match then hopefully he will consider doing this for future visits of the old firm.

Cooper Stand for the Well fans

This is one we all fully agree with you on as it is obviously causing a lot of resentment.

Whenever Setanta /Sky cover a match at Fir Park for the most part the attendance greatly reduces .

It has been said on the forums that 1,000 fans stay away from Fir Park during old firm fixtures for this reason ; if these fans were to return then they would greatly outnumber the Celtic/Rangers fans who presently buy tickets for Cooper Stand and therefore makes more financial sense for the club to now return the Cooper to the fans.

It also makes it easier to Steward as the Celtic fans could be contained within the South Stand.

I make no promises on this but it is certainly something I will raise with the club.

Why weren't Celtic fans kept back at end of match?

This was the decision of the match commander - if there was indeed trouble at the end of the match then hopefully he will consider doing this for future visits of the old firm.

...and if the directors have anything to do with it Motherwell fans will be kept back to let our glorious visitors leave in their own time. :whistling:

Just on the subject of "The Famine Song". Where I was sitting there were a few guys a couple of rows behind who tried to get it started during the first half but were told to rap it by others around them and they duly did. I also wish our fans would cut out this "Wrong fucking country" chant as it just doesn't do us any favous atall, especially when we've got two born and bred Irishmen - Craigan & Sheridan - currently on our books. Are they also in the 'wrong fucking country'? It just doesn't look or sound good when our fans are singing this.

Or to put it slightly differently folk fae different countries in our colours are safe, folk fae Scotland in our colours are at risk, folk fae different countries no' wearing our colours are fair game. Only one way to stop it, go tell em to rap it when they start. Otherwise we're going round in circles here.

This has been explained MJCfolk from any countries are fine. Folk that choose ANY other country over Scotland can get themselves tae fuck.

I think the problem is with the words to that song, and not the sentiment the song is trying to convey.

When the Celtic fans start with their Soldier Song and general Ireland love in, then the song fits the purpose.

Sang to 'foriegn' players then it's not. Something alluding to a judas or a turncoat gets over the point of McGeady or McCarthy turning their back on Scotland....

Been reading this thread and would like to point out that as far as the Cooper is concerned. myself along with my fellow stewards did our best to get the Celtic Fans in the Cooper seated. In fact after ignoring requests for them to sit down, several were ejected from the ground. In fact on some of the noticeboards we have been accused of being over zealous. Where have we heard that before? I am unable to comment on the South Stand as i was too busy to see what anyone else was doing. Stewards on this noticeboard seem to be on a hiding to nothing. The bulk of stewards do their best for people, but we can never seem to please anyone. But i wont let the constant negativity get to me. I will do my best to treat people with respect regardless of what team they support.

When it comes down to it football is fucked from head to toe the last thing clubs care about is the fans there at the game, the ones who should really have the biggest say.

serious question to the stewards, when it comes down to it and you really think about it, why do you care if people stand? is there a big smelly steward somewhere who will torture you if you fail to get everyone sitting all of the time?

what to you genuinley think will happen? that we will all turn into seriel killers if you let us stand/bounce greques wave some flags have a bit of vibrancy to supporting your team is it really that bad? (bad enough some of your own support looking at you as if your an alien)

Its not the fact we have to sit its the way in which many stewards carry out instructions from above the fierce determination in their eyes, teeth grinding, sweat pouring from their forehead.

all for sweetie money?

why?

Rocky

The sitting down argument is old ground that has been raked over several times. First and foremost the sitting down and bouncing about is a health and safety issue. I personally wish that the grounds had terracing, as i liked to walk from one end to another when the teams changed ends but in an all seated stadium you are stuck in the same place. I can appreciate to, where the the posters who think that we are out to stifle fun are coming from but the bulk and i say bulk of the stewards are not there to deliberately spoil anyones fun. In carrying out duties and enforcing certain issues, of course 'sitting ' being one of them, we are going to be seen as spoilsports. However in saying that, i know that there are individuals stewarding at Fir Park who shouldnt be stewards.

Lets face it, as long as the H&S policies are in force, us stewards will enforce it as best we can but try and enforce it with a human face and not some power hungry despot with a yellow jacket. Ive worked in the Cooper for 4 years now and make time to say hello to my regulars. 'sweetie money' - yip agree there.

If youve experienced the stewarding at other clubs, you'll see that we are not the worst. As Wellboy 60 stated in another earlier thread, if youve got an issue with stewarding speak to the stand supervisor and they will try and address the issue instead of saying nothing then coming on here and having a go at us.

Finally i want the Cooper back as much as the next man. Do you think i like seeing my fans being kicked out for both sides of the OF.

Missed my point, i know all about the standing argument, but what im asking is what do you the stewards as people without the yellow jackets really think about the whole situation?

Do you really feel that strongly about it? you admitted yourself its sweetie money so why all the bother what would happen to you if you just had to turn a blind eye give yourself a little less hassle?

Do others feel that strongly about it? im amazed sometimes by the way some stewards act over an issue and job thats really worth so little. just would love to know why they seem so bothered?

Rocky

Unfortunately its not as easy as that sounds. All the stands are constantly monitored by the police in the control room in the south stand. If they see that something is happening the word goes down the line from the control room/senior stewards and the stewards are then expected to carry out whatever instruction they are asked to do.

Unfortunately there are only a few stewards who read these forums so i cant give an opinion on their behalf. Using the sitting discussion i totally agree it would make our job easier but if we turned a blind eye as you suggest, we wouldnt be there for long. The hastle i get sometimes, i wonder if id be better packing it in and getting an East Stand season ticket which i used to have up until a few years ago lol.

I wish i could give you a better answer. Think at the end of the day its down to the way an individual steward deals with someone. Some do go over the score and ive seen it happen.

Im a 'Well fan through and through and enjoy stewarding even tho it is for peanuts lol

All this standing/sitting argument comes down to health and safety gone mad - and while I'm deeply concerned at the standard of our stewards and the police at games - the are acting on inrtuctions from the powers that be.

It really pisses me off all this health & safety nonsense - how long before we can't leave the house for it being a health risk?! Health & Safety Officars can be so anally retentive it's unbelievable!

Are the stewards/police not willing to make accomodations for the weather when it comes to the sitting/standing issue? It'll be less of a problem in the coming weeks but the last few months it has been freezing and it's totally reasonable, I'd say, to allow people to stand up and try to heat up a bit, which is near impossible to do if your just left sitting all day.

Really do not get how it's not a health and safety issue to stand up at half time or before the game? When there is more people moving about? Explain that one.
I would imagine it's because there isn't any jumping around or moving towards the pitch.

I'm not a big fan of sitting, and would much prefer it if sections of terrace were brought back. However, when I do sit, it gets very annoying very quickly if the 2 or 3 people directly in front stand up every 30 seconds.