Run In To Split

Goggles & Flippers

• 2 weeks later...

Based purely on the last five results between the clubs at the stadium at which the fixture is played. All form/results for Motherwell/Partick/Ross County/St Mirren. When relegation rivals play each other form is for the home team.

ROUND 30

Motherwell v Hamilton - 0-4, 1-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-0 (L-W-L-W-W)
Prediction - 1-0 win for Motherwell.

Partick v Inverness- 1-2, 3-1, 0-0, 0-1, 2-1 (L-W-D-L-W)
Prediction - 1-1 draw

Ross County v Kilmarnock - 1-2, 2-1, 1-2, 0-1, 0-0 (L-W-L-L-D)
Prediction - 2-1 win for Kilmarnock.

St. Johnstone v St. Mirren - 2-1, 0-2, 0-1, 1-2, 1-0 (W-L-L-L-W)
Prediction - 2-1 win for St Johnstone.

Motherwell 3pts, Partick 1pt, Ross County 0 pts, St Mirren 0 pts.

09 - Partick--------------30/2/31
10 - Ross County-----30/-24/25
11 - Motherwell---------30/-31/25
12 - St Mirren-----------30/-26/21

-------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 31

St Mirren v Celtic - 1-2, 0-4,1-1, 1-2, 3-2 (L-L-D-L-W)
Prediction - 2-1 win for Celtic

Aberdeen v Partick Thistle - 0-2, 0-4, 0-0, 1-2, 1-2 (L-L-D-L-L)
Prediction - 3-1 win for Aberdeen

Dundee Utd v Ross County - 1-2, 0-1, 1-1, 0-0, 0-0 (L-L-D-D-D)
Prediction - 1-1 draw

Kilmarnock v Motherwell - 0-2, 2-0, 0-2, 2-1, 0-2 (L-W-L-W-L)
Prediction - 2-1 win for Kilmarnock

Ross County 1 pt, Partick 0 pts, Motherwell 0 pts, St Mirren 0 pts.

09 - Partick-------------31/0/31
10 - Ross County----31/-24/26
11 - Motherwell--------31/-32/25
12 - St Mirren----------31/-27/21

--------------------------------------------------

ROUND 32

Motherwell v St Mirren - 1-0, 3-0, 2-2, 1-1, 1-1 (W-W-D-D-D)
Prediction - 1-1 draw

Ross County v St Johnstone - 1-2, 1-0, 1-0, 1-2, 2-2 (L-W-W-L-D)
Prediction - 1-1 draw

Celtic v Partick - 0-1, 0-6, 0-1, 1-3, 0-4 (L-L-L-L-L)
Prediction - 3-0 win for Celtic

Motherwell 1 pts, St Mirren 1 pt, Ross County 1 pts, Partick 0 pts

09 - Partick-------------32/-3/31
10 - Ross County----32/-24/27
11 - Motherwell-------32/-32/26
12 - St Mirren---------32/-27/22

---------------------------------------

ROUND 33

Partick v Motherwell - 3-1, 1-5, 1-0, 3-0, 2-0 (W-L-W-W-W)
Prediction - 3-1 win for Partick

St Mirren v Ross County - 2-2, 1-0, 2-1, 1-4, 5-4 (D-W-W-L-W)
Prediction - 2-1 win for St Mirren

Partick 3 pts, St Mirren 3 pts, Motherwell 0 pts, Ross County 0 pts

09 - Partick------------33/-1/34
10 - Ross County---33/-25/27
11 - Motherwell-------33/-34/26
12 - St Mirren---------33/-26/25

So at least going by previous results it is going to be very tight between the bottom three going into the split.

We need 6 points from our last 4 games as a minimum. The game against St Mirren needs to be 3 of those points!

Agreed. Would be nice to drag Partick back into it as well by beating them.

As it stands I think we'd have Killie, County and Thistle at home post split. Combined with a trip to St Mirren who have a shocking home record this season then i'd be feeling pretty confident about survival.

Based purely on the last five results between the clubs at the stadium at which the fixture is played. All form/results for Motherwell/Partick/Ross County/St Mirren. When relegation rivals play each other form is for the home team.

Good research and worrying reading for us.

However, I've got use a cliche here and say that form will go out the window for half of these fixtures. The fixtures after the split will be a complete free for all. In many ways it'll be as exciting a run in as we've had for years.

Good research and worrying reading for us.

However, I've got use a cliche here and say that form will go out the window for half of these fixtures. The fixtures after the split will be a complete free for all. In many ways it'll be as exciting a run in as we've had for years.

I would agree that it is good research (ha!) but disagree that it is worrying. To be honest I'd be happy to go into the split ahead of St. Mirren and 1 point behind Ross County.

Obviously it would be better if we could stretch away from them but with 5 games to go and Ross County are our place it could be a lot worse. As long as we are within 1 win of 10th it's still in our own hands.

After last night I hope Accies free fall continues and they end up in the bottom 6!

I'd fancy our chances for 3 points against them more than I would against Dundee or St Johnstone.

NAW. I don't want to have to go to Douglas Park ever again, never mind for a post split relegation match!

Patrick and Ross County winning today are sore ones.

True, but it makes our result even more important. Plenty of opportunities for the bottom 6 to lose points and, even better, take points off each other.

We need to keep our momentum going because best case it will keep us out of a relegation spot and worst case (I hope) will give us some positive form going into a play off.

St Mirren could be almost gone by the split with them playing Celtic, us and County in their next 3 games. 3 losses there and it's a LONG way back for them considering the form of the other teams down the bottom.

Getting really nervous (maybe excited in a perverse way?!) about the run in. The games against St Mirren, Partick and RC in particular are going to feel like cup games! Bring it on!

Partick Thistle (I predicted 4/5 points and they are through that, mainly due to beating ICT)

Ross County (A) 0

St Johnstone (H) 3

Inverness CT (H) 3

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (A)

Motherwell (H)

Ross County (I said 8 and they're already at 7)

Partick Thistle (H) 3

Hamilton (A) 1

Kilmarnock (H) 3

Dundee Utd (A)

St Johnstone (H)

St Mirren (A)

St Mirren (I hoped for 4 max, don't think I'll be disappointed)

Kilmarnock (A) 0

St Johnstone (A) 0

Celtic (H)

Motherwell (A)

Ross County (H)

Motherwell (I expected 10 points, still well on course)

Kilmarnock (H) 1

Aberdeen (A) 0

Hamilton (H) 3

Kilmarnock (A)

St Mirren (H)

Partick Thistle (A)

St Mirren could be almost gone by the split with them playing Celtic, us and County in their next 3 games. 3 losses there and it's a LONG way back for them considering the form of the other teams down the bottom.

Getting really nervous (maybe excited in a perverse way?!) about the run in. The games against St Mirren, Partick and RC in particular are going to feel like cup games! Bring it on!

I seriously thought Partick and County would be picking up nothing this weekend. You are right about the head to heads - they will be absolutely massive for us and yep, I'm excited about them already. Maybe even more so than the run in at the end of last season (not counting Aberdeen game).

Also just looking at the table there, Dundee have 2 games in hand over Accies and 2 points behind, can't see them not overhauling them to place Accies in the bottom 6. We all know what a record on the plastic we have.

I would really like it if Ross County and Partick occasionally lost, a tad annoying and not at all polite.

I feel quite deflated after Thistle and County winning again yesterday. With the 3 point gap between us and County I feel pressure on us to win every game just to keep in touch is immense.

Thistle beating Inverness, St Johnstone and utd recently is unprecedented! What the fuck?!?! I'd expect them to take 4 points max from that and we'd be above them! County's run is also ridiculous and sadly shows no signs of stopping.

If they had onlu won 3 of those games etc....

I can see them winning next game and we'll do well to get a point at Rugby Park.

I think we're going to run out of games.

Fuck sake!!!!!

Thistle have Aberdeen and Celtic away followed by us at home.

If we we can add to our tally between now and then the game at Firhill could be huge and determine whether they are brought back into the mix post split.

This is a long way from over.....