Run In To Split

Goggles & Flippers

We're in the play offs. It's that simple so the club, management and players have to start preparing for not only that but life in the championship and hopefully a quick return.

You're really starting to get on my tits. We are in a shite situation, but there are still ways we can get out of this play-off scenario, and after that even if we do end up in the play-offs what makes The Rangers so insurmountable to Motherwell when The Rangers have managed to drop points in 14 of their 32 matches so far this season, dropping points against the likes of Alloa and Cowdenbeath in the process. They are far from unbeatable.

Even winning all 5 games does not gurantee that we will miss the play off spot. All we can do is take care of what is within our control and that is try to win each game one at a time. COYW!!!!!!!

It would probably be very difficult for all the teams to get the points required to stay above us with is winning 5/5.

I can't see us winning 5/5 anyway, that seems a long shot, but it would need a real doomsday set of results for us to win all 5 and not catch someone if it's even possible? (Too many permutations, but if one team is winning another is losing, so they can't all pull away...)

It would probably be very difficult for all the teams to get the points required to stay above us with is winning 5/5.

I can't see us winning 5/5 anyway, that seems a long shot, but it would need a real doomsday set of results for us to win all 5 and not catch someone if it's even possible? (Too many permutations, but if one team is winning another is losing, so they can't all pull away...)

As far as I can make out the only we can lose out if winning all 5 games is:

everyone beats SM,

the rest beat Hamilton,

then the other three all win one game each against each other.

This scenario would leave us a point behind K and PT and level with Hamilton and RC. So would be down to goal difference.

everyone beats SM,

the rest beat Hamilton,

This scenario would leave us a point behind K and PT and level with Hamilton and RC. So would be down to goal difference.

Yep. Not too far fetched! Probably the most improbable thing for that scenario to happen is us winning 5 straight.

Accies at Douglas Park will be our hardest match of the run in, I'll say.

A lot of people on here wanted to take a couple of games form over 10 years of results against Partick, well we'll have to go and win on that pitch for the first time ever if we want to avoid the play offs. That's a big ask given our previous attempts.

Also I suspect Accies are no where near as bad as some are making out, especially on their own patch. They've not won but they have a few draws in there and they are the only team to take any points off Ross County in recent times. They outplayed Dundee Utd for long spells and should have got something at Tannadice.

And just like at Partick all the pressure is on us, away from home. Two factors that have not been in our favour recently.

As I said, this will be our toughest 90 minutes of the rest of the season.

everyone beats SM,

the rest beat Hamilton,

Possible,

If, for example:

St Mirren win none = 21 points

Motherwell win 5 = 46 points

Hamilton win 1 v St Mirren = 46 points

Ross county win 3 v St Mirren, Hamilton and Partick = 46 points

Partick win 3 v St Mirren, Hamilton and Killie = 47 points

Killie win 3 v St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County = 47 points

but I don't think its very likely.

I would also like to think that if we won 5, goal diffirence should have improved enough.... surely.....?

Accies at Douglas Park will be our hardest match of the run in, I'll say.

A lot of people on here wanted to take a couple of games form over 10 years of results against Partick, well we'll have to go and win on that pitch for the first time ever if we want to avoid the play offs. That's a big ask given our previous attempts.

Also I suspect Accies are no where near as bad as some are making out, especially on their own patch. They've not won but they have a few draws in there and they are the only team to take any points off Ross County in recent times. They outplayed Dundee Utd for long spells and should have got something at Tannadice.

And just like at Partick all the pressure is on us, away from home. Two factors that have not been in our favour recently.

As I said, this will be our toughest 90 minutes of the rest of the season.

A good summation of the situation. Fingers crossed the week off will have done the boys good, cleared up the niggles and set them up mentally for 5 battles.