Aberdeen V Motherwell 13/03/15

Yabba's Turd

Intrigued to see how we approach this tactically.

I think against Aberdeen you need a 3 man midfield which would benefit Grant and allow Pearson to put in a Tannadice style performance. Skippy is more than capable of playing upfront himself if he's supported by the likes of Johnson.

Given the superiority of the opposition, this game would have been a free hit to an extent if we'd beaten Killie but a loss at Pittodrie will probably leave us needing 6 wins in 9. We are capable of causing a surprise though if our defence does a solid job.

Intrigued to see how we approach this tactically.

I think against Aberdeen you need a 3 man midfield which would benefit Grant and allow Pearson to put in a Tannadice style performance. Skippy is more than capable of playing upfront himself if he's supported by the likes of Johnson.

Given the superiority of the opposition, this game would have been a free hit to an extent if we'd beaten Killie but a loss at Pittodrie will probably leave us needing 6 wins in 9. We are capable of causing a surprise though if our defence does a solid job.

Must confess that I think people are overstating what we'll need to stay up or underestimating our ability to get it. We're currently two points behind Ross County. Match their results til the split and we'll be two points behind with five games to play. Not impossible. They have Tannadice to go to and St Johnstone go to Dingwall and they're more than capable of getting a result there. A defeat next week won't have me reaching for the panic button...

I must be mad but i honestly think we can win next friday. It's do or die time for us now and with Aberdeen getting gubbed at the San Giro and in the League Cup semi against an ordinary Utd side they might not be as up for this as we are. :drinks:

Ross County didn't take 12 points of the first 72 because they were damned unlucky. They have taken 12 out of 12 against some of the more limited teams in the league and won three of them by the odd goal. After Friday, every game we have is winnable. We clearly won't win them all but we're not in too bad a place.

Aberdeen have had a fortnight to stew on getting humped 4-0 last Sunday. Think if we go up there with a similar attitude and performance as last couple of games, if they have a slow start their fans will turn and something might happen. I think we will probably lose but I don't think it is a certainty

For as much as the negativity in general on here pisses me off, I just can't see how we are going to take even a point from this match.

Obviously, I hope to God I'm wrong. Beating Aberdeen gives me more joy than a victory over any other team.

I think it is unlikely that we will pick anything up here but surely the 8/1 on us to win is quite a big price?

So how much are you betting on us to win then?

I think he should bet his winnings from his accumulator on Saturday and not a penny more, it'll be better that way.

Must confess that I think people are overstating what we'll need to stay up or underestimating our ability to get it. We're currently two points behind Ross County. Match their results til the split and we'll be two points behind with five games to play. Not impossible. They have Tannadice to go to and St Johnstone go to Dingwall and they're more than capable of getting a result there. A defeat next week won't have me reaching for the panic button...

Just got it in my head that we need to be approaching 40 points to be safe.

So how much are you betting on us to win then?

I will throw something at it but will wait and see how I get on with Cheltenham during the week.

I think he should bet his winnings from his accumulator on Saturday and not a penny more, it'll be better that way.

Haha! That was a double that ended up as a single (Derby) and got humped by a 93rd and 95th minute goal! Just scrapped profit at the weekend!

Aberdeen is a cracking night out. Hope everyone who heads up has a cracking time.

I would say we need pace at Pittodrie particularly on the counter attack, Erwin does give us pace but I'd actually play Ainsworth up top with McDonald as on his day Ainsworth is capable of scoring but hasn't being showing it enough this season but maybe that might change again on Friday night. I think him and McDonald could work well together.