Aberdeen V Motherwell 13/03/15

Yabba's Turd

Our play hasn't really merited any luck this season after getting more than our fair share last year. 90% of the breaks going against us stem from our own incompetence.

Despite the positivity of 1st half, really can't see us winning 6/9.

If Accies can beat Ross County or even get a draw we still have a chance to over take Ross County but unfortunately our terrible goal difference could really hurt us now because basically all our rivals are points +1 ahead of us.

For instance if County win tomorrow they are essentially 6 rather than 5 points ahead of us and I doubt if we are going to make up that many points on a team in decent form.

If County win tomorrow, I think our best chance of finishing higher than 11th is drawing Partick into it by beating them at Firhill. Before that we will need to beat St. Mirren.

In the meantime Partick have two home matches so we will have to at least match their results when we play Hamilton and Kilmarnock.

We just simply cannot afford any more slip ups barring post split miracles.

In response to Leanne baraclough Wot pish u talking hen?! That 2nd half performance was absolutely shocking. We basically gifted them the game with 2 very soft goals. As for baraclough Not 1 of his signings have done anything. Skippy and Pearson were not signed by him!!

We were in my view worth a draw against the 2nd best team in Scotland. Cant declare this as a fact but will raise an eyebrow to anyone that disagrees.

Get behind the team! Plenty of points to be won, If your wanting glory year in year out head west!

• Like 2

psychologically this could be a tough defeat for the players to get over as we had put ourselves in a decent position only to chuck the game away through our own stupidity,we badly need killie and accies to do us a favour tomorrow.

Top response. Any non truths in the facts I stated in that post? Time to face the reality of the situation. We are probably looking at having to go 9 unbeaten, winning 6 to guarantee us finishing 10th.

Yes, several 'non-truths' and very few 'facts'. We have 27 points to play for, mainly against our immediate rivals, losing tonight obviously doesn't condemn us to 11th place - did you think that before the game? Your response has nothing to do with facts, you just happen to like skulls and makeup and don't deal well with disappointment.

• Like 1

Yes, several 'non-truths' and very few 'facts'. We have 27 points to play for, mainly against our immediate rivals, losing tonight obviously doesn't condemn us to 11th place - did you think that before the game? Your response has nothing to do with facts, you just happen to like skulls and makeup and don't deal well with disappointment.

So we beat 10 men Killie at home then? We kicked on from our winning position tonight to claim 3 points? We collected 6 points from 6 rather than 1 from 6. We have one of our nearest rivals on a 4 match winning run and heading to play the team in freefall. We have the worst GD in the league which basically means our rivals have an extra point on us. We may have 27 to play for, but the teams we play will more than fancy beating us.

I'm still stuggling to see the non truths and false facts.

I would say it's yourself who can't deal with the gravity of the situation.

• Like 1

We were in my view worth a draw against the 2nd best team in Scotland. Cant declare this as a fact but will raise an eyebrow to anyone that disagrees.

Get behind the team! Plenty of points to be won, If your wanting glory year in year out head west!

1st half we we were solid continuing on from good work of the last 2 games but 2nd half we caved in. I have supported the team for over 30years hen! And will support them till I die however basic decision making has been very poor this year. I don't expect glory every year but effort should be a given and the 2nd half we did not show anything!

So should we just concede then we are finished and not bother turning up for the remaining games? You would think we were miles adrift at the bottom of the league. Everything is still to play for and i would imagine it will probably go to the last game of the season.

I have stated the results of the last 2 matches, which included our bonus match in hand, means it will be very likely that we'll need to go undefeated in the next 9 matches. We will need to aim for 6 wins in order to secure 10th place at a minimum. County have previous for finishing seasons strongly and they are the team we have to focus most on. If we finish above them then the chances are we will be safe.

I fully expect us to be 5 behind County by 5pm tomorrow.

seem to recall our team doing very well after the split last season. Would that not be equal to any finish County have done recently.

Lets just win as many points as we can, and not worry about other teams, as we cant do he haw about them.

The focus should be on what we do against the opposition we play on the day, not what others might do.

• Like 1

I cannot see how we will finish anything better than 11th.

A win tomorrow for either Ross County or Partick puts them pretty much out of sight, given I do not expect to win 2 more games than either b4 the end of the season.

It is not that we dont have the will or the players, but sadly defensively we are a complete shambles. We have managed to replace inept players with pretty much the same again in this area.

I hope I am wrong but losing from a winning position at half time has finally convinced me we will be in the Championship next seasonhelp.gif

I find some of the reactions on here baffling to say the least. We have taken four points from nine in the last three games, having played 2 of the top 3 teams and a Kilmarnock side that are on a very solid unbeaten run.

The performances in these games have been considerably better than anything we have seen this season (Dundee Utd at home apart) and with the possible exception of Straker, Baraclough has strengthened the squad in every area of the park. The team is now playing with a desire that was noticeably lacking earlier in the season.

Will we go down? Maybe, I am not going to predict the future and pass it off as fact but if we do go down it will because of failures throughout the season. I can't understand why some people are desperate to lay the blame at Baraclough's door.

One fact is that if Ross County do win tomorrow they will be on a run of five victories in a row, making them the form team in the SPFL bar none. That is difficult for any team to compete against.

My gut reaction is that Partick Thistle and St Mirren will finish 11th and 12th respectively, but my guess is as good (or bad) as anybody's.

• Like 6

Jesus, atomic level fallout again.

Annoying we got to half time, we think we've got the momentum and can't capitalise.

Let's not ignore Aberdeen are a very good team with strength in depth.

Until we can be calm in defence, don't give up possession easily in midfield and are composed in front of goal we will be frustrated.

Finally and most importantly, without eradicating preventable errors throughout the team, the run in will be very tentative indeed.

If you give goals away like that then winning a football becomes very hard.

First half was as good as we have played this season,passing the ball,having composure at times on the ball and looking comfortable with our lead

Second half was a disaster

, is george long any better than dan? On what i have seen he isnt much better.

Straker and louis laing are just as bad as what we already have

also dom thomas getting 5 minutes,ridiculous

1426283203[/url]' post='434934']

Think a draw would've been the fairer result. Before the match any points would've been seen as a bonus , thankfully we played well and on the face of it haven't picked up any injuries. Feel for long with the first goal , but in fairness to him it was a really good stop to deny it in the first place. Who knows who was at fault for the 2nd , don't know why long had came out for it but. Ainsworth looked decent when he came on , and there are plenty of other positives from tonight. Didn't think the referee gave us much at all tonight.

Usually pretty positive but that's two of the cheapest goals you will ever see, Aberdeen didn't have to work hard to get them

Suicidal defending.

Partially incisive attacking.

Just need to eliminate the first failing and improve the latter.

Which if we do 'well be ok and clear.

Nae worries from me anyways.

Are you aware that it's March? We've 9 matches left and we probably have to win 5 of them to avoid a play off at the very least.

Ross County will be the first team on ma coupon tommorow they'll beat Accies then Accies will beat us next week and it's goodnight from us.... I honestly thought we'd avoid the unthinkable but after watching another SHITE keeper we;ve signed alonside a shite left back against Aberdeen.Sorry guys but we've had it... <_>