Major Forum Upgrade Soon

Yabba's Turd

Like the IP board theme now that the banner is up.

The snapshot theme with the petrol blue background and amber background are obviously supposed to look like the strips but I cant see the band for some reason. Might be my screen size.

Edited to add, had a gander at the full version of the site on my phone and the strip themed backgrounds look much better so must be down to screen size and orientation

Aye those background images are huge, although they are the size recommended by the skin author, there's a wee bit of fiddling to make more than 4 available, but it could be done for a lesser resolution than 2560 x 1200, not sure anyone's screen should be that size

I have a refurb Mac at home with a Retina display that supports that resolution. Looks great, but I agree it's definitely not necessary.

Liking the new design, nice and slick.

Background is fine and the only issue I have to report is some problems with pages freezing (one in particular) on I.E. 9 but I think that's an out of date Javascript problem.

Shoutbox wise, I voted for it to be shut on matchdays but I wouldn't cry if it was lost, it's pretty pointless when you leave a message and return and can't see the replies for spam/general shite that's in it. Also means people don't check the forum and post whatever news they have there, which isn't the point of it at all.

On my PC at work, the old colour background seems to be the most efficient and gives best performance on Firefox. The Petrol Blue works great on my Mac at home, but not too friendly with Firefox.

Not a complaint, by the way, just some information for anyone else who might be having trouble. I know from bitter experience how procecssor/javascript/browser version/browser plugin/OS version etc. combinations can make it impossible to find a one-size-fits-all scheme for web sites.

On the same PC using Chrome, all the background work great.

Just had a good little play about with the new site there and can't fault it - does exactly what it needs to with a few extras thrown in. A shit tonne of new smileys that will no doubt appear over time!

If I had to say one thing "negative", it would be what happened to the "dislike" button?? Need it for majority of Steelboys posts.

:ph34r:

Yabba, still cant see any reply/edit options. My name bar has a big tick and thats it. just had a new android update the other day if that is anything to do with it or i could just ve being daft

There's nothing to click mate you just tap the whole bar, I'm on android, screenshot when I'm less delirious.

• Like 1

The new colour scheme looks much better although one small comment is that it's pretty difficult to read text such as "Club Chat" in the claret banner near the top.

Same problem here; might be better in white like the page you're currently on is at the bottom left corner? Can't see the topic title at all on my work PC.