Motherwell V Hamilton 20/03/15

McCusker

1st home game I've missed in two yrs , gutted.!! Watching on TV and the attitude and commitment has been first class . All of a sudden we now have the air of a team with the confidence and ability to dig ourselves out of the shit .

What a confidence boost this performance will be to carry into the run-in , and if results go our way elsewhere tomorrow it could be The defining weekend in our season. Money The Well

great to see Erwin Moore Thomas all on the field at the same time. And Leitch on the way back so good group of young players coming along. I thought Erwin played great tonight, best game I've seen him have. Cut into the goal difference a good bit. Excellent night all round with only one exception.........We give the ball away needlessly too many times

Great result but I think if you are being honest it wasn't a 4-0 game and Accies were the better team in spells, especially first half. Game turned on Ainsworth's superb first strike, Accies defence got the collywobbles and after that we were pretty ruthless.

Ainsworth showed tonight what we miss when he isn't starting, a rocket for a shot, real pace and the ability to get to the byline. Good cameo from Sutton as well, I believe that he has equalled Stevie Kirk's 63 Premier League goals [EDIT - don't think Soccerbase is right, can only find 61]. One more to become our top scorer in the top league in the modern era, I hope he gets it.

Also, Straker showed that he's actually a footballer tonight. Where did that come from!

• Like 1

Finally got the breaks and our attacking players were ruthless however som concern at the impact hassle bank had centre halfs need to do better but credit where it's due we held out and a very welcome clean sheet. Now use it as a springboard and let's push on as the pressures on the others tomorrow. Old saying win you're games and let the rest worry about their results. Well done and also thank fuk, let's get out of this mess. :-)

• Like 1

Who da thunk it..... bloody brilliant.

Didnt see that coming. Really fancied us to win tonight and was happy to see Lionel in the starting line up but didnt expect it to be so convincing and so god damn enjoyable.....

Loved that game, the passion from the players, the hard work they put in. 90 mins gone and they where all still bursting a gut to get back and defend.

They looked sharp still and could have played on so the fitness aspect is substantially better.

For me though the MOTM is clear as day, Pearson. He was fantastic I thought. Worked so hard, stood strong and defended from midfield.

Erwin showed what he brings to the team when the ball is played to his feet, he has skill in abundance and strength aswell. Not a target man however but he put a hell of a shift in, was really unfortunate not to score tonight I think, good blocks from the Accies defenders stopped him getting two at least.

Dont think it was Skippys best game since returning but he still put the effort in.

Oh and sexy Straker lol.... York fans did say he has one great game in every ten when he looks outstanding, tonight was it.

I am actually gutted its two weeks till our next game.... Scotland can get to feck.

Delighted with that result tonight....

Thought we truly deserved that, not just for our performance tonight but our performances over the past 4 or 5 matches....that type of scoreline will give the players a huge amount of confidence going into our next 3 games versus Killie, St Mirren and Partick.

I know Ainsworth is getting the plaudits, but I actually thought he was anonymous until that wonder strike...for me Pearo was MOTM yet again...nothing flashy or showy from him, just simple football with loads of energy and drive. Erwin, was another one who really impressed me...still don't know where his goals will come from, but his link-up play and hold-up play is excellent and his energy levels give the team so much more than Fast John...but Big Sutton showed exactly what he can offer, when he came off the bench and found himself in exactly the right position.

Absolutely buzzing after that, and putting that wee Junior Club in their box for a while is sweet

Much more like it tonight. Ainsworth has rightly been criticised this season but more often than not, his quality will come to the fore when it really matters. If he could keep himself motivated he could easily get 20 a season in this league.

Good energised performances all round but Pearson and Erwin put in helluva shifts. Delighted for Sutton too, get a cross in and he'll do the business.

This team is miles ahead of what McCall had to offer this season. Let's see if we can get another monkey off our back and perform on a plastic pitch next time out.