Kilmarnock V Motherwell 04/04/2015

Yabba's Turd

Unless it's happened already I'm hoping the failure to confirm Locke as the Killie manager going forward will transmit some uncertainty to their players. I thought he'd have been a shoe-in and it would have been a case of simply rubber stamping his appointment.

Any little distraction helps!

three year contract to be announced tomorrow according to Twitterhacks

Tommy Coyne was an absolute genius. What a player. My favourite ever Motherwell player (it will take something pretty bloody special to change that) and my childhood hero.

Being 28 now, I only wish I was older when he played for us, so I could've appreciated his time with us more. I always see fans talk about the Coyne/Coyle partnership. He had a great one with Dougie as well. Always loved the throw-in routine they had. TC would come short to collect, throw a dummy, ball would run through to Arnott who would lay it off to Coyne who'd spun round the side.

I think Coyne's circumstances when he joined Motherwell gave him some breathing space with the more vociferous members of the East stand, an outstanding player for us and a joy to watch, the backheel volley against Dunfermline and his goal at Hampden against Celtic are two goals etched into my memory, definitely one of the most intelligent forwards to ever play for us.

• Like 1

I think Coyne's circumstances when he joined Motherwell gave him some breathing space with the more vociferous members of the East stand, an outstanding player for us and a joy to watch, the backheel volley against Dunfermline and his goal at Hampden against Celtic are two goals etched into my memory, definitely one of the most intelligent forwards to ever play for us.

Remember that day very well! We were right at the end of the wooden main stand that day...got a perfect view of the corner coming in and TC tucking it away.

To clear up any confusion, I was referring to Michael McGlinchey as the post immediately before mine talked abouthim being in the NZ World Cup squad!

Anyway, can't make it to Kilmarnock tomorrow but am enjoying all the TC memories - some other Well strikers have been effective but I rate him as the most gifted I've seen.

Not sure what to expect tomorrow. Although we've improved, Killie impressed last time at Fir Park and certainly looked better than ICT, St Johnstone or Accies.

The game at Hampden was one of my favourites of that era, we thrashed them 2 each!! Tommy Burns said as much in the interview afterwards something along the lines of we have a bit to go before we are as good a side as Motherwell!!

Think Stevie Woods gets a bit of a hard time from us because of "that" goal V rangers (not to be confused with The rangers!) in the Scottish Cup, I often look back through games from around 94/95 and he contributed to the 2nd n 3rd places we managed round about then.

Now he's GK coach at Sellic though you can give him as hard a time as you like :cheese:

Got my biggest ever football related kicking after this game just outside Queens Park station. Proper on the ground kicking/stamping the fuck out of me, type deal.

The fact that they were so fucked off about the result means I can have a chuckle about it though! 2-0 up was it? Oh dear!

Now he's GK coach at Sellic though you can give him as hard a time as you like :cheese:

In fairness though I reckon the worst goalies always make the best coaches, just a case of teaching them what not to do, Woods will have a bag of tricks in his locker.

As for the game itself, I am confident we can pick up all three points if we can carry on how we have been playing. St Mirren and County have tricky ties so it could be a massive weekend.

I'm pretty sure that to this day Tommy Coyne is the only player to finish a season in the top league as top scorer with three different clubs.

What's surprising me about those games is the pace they are played at. People say Coyne & Cooper had no pace but in today's game I think they would stand out even more for their technical ability.

Anyway back to the game I think we might win this one. Fancy a 2-1 win. Skippy and Big Lee.

Also meant they didn't lose their best ability when they got older.

Coyne's reading of the game gave him a yard start and Coop was just frightening.

1-1 but County lose, St Mirren win, just to keep it interesting.