Kilmarnock V Motherwell 04/04/2015

Yabba's Turd

I'm sure they think the same about us.

To be fair, we had 6 points on them a few months back.

As for today, no doubt took some strength from the manager to not give Sutton a start based on the Accies game. Seems like he was vindicated.

On Tuesday, I'd expect St. Mirren to test Long with a few long shots early on. I bet he was as relieved when the final whistle went as any die hard fan standing in the away end.

Lee Erwin absolutely superb today.

Take a bow son

I said after Celtic game when he came on as sub that the boy had it. He still makes bad decisions was a tad greedy couple of times today when a pass could have created a goal I felt. But his energy,power,pace and skill today was great and I do believe this boy will go onto bigger and better than us within 2 years. He's a local boy and I get so annoyed when some on here criticise him as he is also only 20/21 in his first season. Let's enjoy him while we can and today I feel is his turning point as the ovation when he went off with chants of lee lee was great.coyw.

First of all after a pretty ropey start to the match I thought it was a well deserved victory and pretty encouraging because Kilmarnock aren't a bad team on the evidence of the last couple of times that I've saw them. The second half performance was strong, particularly after Sutton came on.

On the negative side though I can't agree with some of the posts I've seen saying Erwin was man of the match. I thought he was pretty poor today until Sutton came on and he got shunted out to the left. From then he was good, you felt from his body language that he had a point to prove and he took his goal very well but he is still very, very raw.

Other areas of concern were Conor Grant at left midfield. He just can't play there and is a waste of a shirt, when he came off and we moved Erwin out there we improved enormously because we had play coming down both sides something that just hadn't happened before in the match.

Thirdly, George Long is mince. Another goal conceded today that should never have happened. He looked like a bombscare from the first whistle and it was hardly a surprise when the goal happened. He has his team mates to thank for getting him out of jail today.

2nd half performance was very encouraging but I think Baraclough should be thinking about the points I've raised above. Long is worse than Twardzik and I think he really needs to look at it. We simply cannot afford any more mistakes from him in this run in. Secondly when Marvin Johnston isn't around Conor Grant just isn't an option in that position. And thirdly we look much, much, much more dangerous with Sutton on the park.

Big disappointment concerning the Ross County result but we have the chance to bury St. Mirren midweek. If we play like we did second half today we should be up to the job.

Thoroughly enjoyed that today. Refreshing to see a Motherwell team that isn't psychologically beaten by a plastic pitch before we kick-off. Our fitness is also streets ahead of where we were under McCall.

Despite our ropey defence and liability of a keeper, I fancied is to turn it around today. We've too much quality going forward.

Over the moon with Erwin's goal, he was absolutely terrific today. Hopefully his contract is sorted soon.

Careful Sieb. You might spoil the Big John love in we have been reading for weeks. Its a good job Barra isn;t listening because we have been a far more mobile and dangerous scoring team since Big Lee arrived. Couldn't be happier for him today. Anyone who can't see his value to the team is being a bit of a Bezer!

Sorry YB.... Don't agree at all! Sutton in my opinion didn't change anything or actually do much. I think some of our impetus was lost when he came on in fact.

Are you saying we were better in the first 58 minutes than we were in the final 32+? Kilmarnock slightly shaded the first half. Second half we were well on top, especially after Erwin went out wide replacing Grant who contributed nothing.

Not sure why Dom Thomas would not slot in for Johnston. But with Johnston having been playing so well it's a good sign to pick up 3 points away at killie without him.

You have to wonder how many errors will Long be allowed to make before reverting back to Dan? Seems like he is not any better at cross balls and posisbly not as good a shot stopper as Dan. will it make any difference which one is in? I'm not sure.

Now that we are having a good spell and confidence is growing the players need to maintain the same intenisty til lthe end of the season. Every point will have to be fought for, we simply cannot afford to go into a game expecting to be given 3 points. St mirren fighting for their survival, Ross county on a great run, Killie and Thistle probably now seeing themselves getting drawn into play off spot if they dont pick up points. So every gane from now till end of season wil lbe a battle for survival for both teams.

Wonder if the Erwin love in would be carrying on regardless if he hadn't scored after his childish greedy effort when Ainsworth and McDonald both had tap ins.

We played very well in the 2nd half. Thought the game did change when Sutton came on but I think it was more because Erwin gave us a two pronged attack on the wings rather than because Sutton was any better than Erwin had been.

Are you saying we were better in the first 58 minutes than we were in the final 32+? Kilmarnock slightly shaded the first half. Second half we were well on top, especially after Erwin went out wide replacing Grant who contributed nothing.

Not saying that, imo you seemed to be making out in your post Sutton changed the game which I thought to be Baws tbh. We were already in the ascendency when he came in.

Not saying that, imo you seemed to be making out in your post Sutton changed the game which I thought to be Baws tbh. We were already in the ascendency when he came in.

We were much better with Sutton at centre forward than Erwin. Defenders fear Sutton, they don't fear Erwin. Just having Sutton on the field changes the whole KIlmarnock approach to the game. Also, Erwin was a completely different player today when he went out wide.

Bringing on Sutton and putting Erwin out wide was the key decision in the game and we looked miles better for it. I never said anything about Sutton being MotM, I just said we looked much more dangerous as a team when he came on, which was undeniably the case.

Fab win today and to come from behind away to Killie is tremendous. Been a graveyard many times i've been there for Motherwell teams in the past. Just wish we had a decent keeper in our remaining games cos both of them have been making an arse of it all season long. Anyway time to be positive and hopefully we can put a few wins on the board now to get us out of the shit. Also hope we get Big Lee tied down to a better contract.

The game changed because Erwin moved, not because of Sutton's presence, we didn't fair well in the 1st half but had more possession, shots at goal and corners than Killie, we lost a dreadful goal but battled back into the game and we looked far sharper from Killie scored until the end of the match, a few poor decisions aside Erwin had a decent game, if he hadn't scored though he'd be getting pelters tonight for not squaring to Skippy on the break.

a few poor decisions aside Erwin had a decent game, if he hadn't scored though he'd be getting pelters tonight for not squaring to Skippy on the break.

That is a great example of my post earlier in tbe thread. Erwin's play there cost us a goal as much as Long's mistake. Long will take pelters for his error, but Erwin gets MotM.

For me, they should both be cut a break.

Glad to see big Lee get his goal though - well deserved.

That is a great example of my post earlier in tbe thread. Erwin's play there cost us a goal as much as Long's mistake. Long will take pelters for his error, but Erwin gets MotM.

Long was very ropy all of the game ,not just the goal that he missed to let the killie lad in .Long must have tried to get to 5 or 6 and missed them all .Tho the ref gave a free kick for a couple of them.

Erwin was a menace throughout and was enjoyable to watch while Long provided numerous heart in mouth moments.

The contribution of both were at opposite ends of the scale. After getting it in the neck for taking the wrong option a couple of times, I admire Erwin for having the balls to go on a solo run for the goal.

I don't go with this argument. If it's 0-0 and a forward misses a sitter it's still 0-0. If the goalkeeper makes a howler it's not. The two are not comparable in terms of consequence. At the end of the day you can't put a goal that was actually scored next to a theoretical event that might have but didn't happen.

However I do agree that Erwin is getting plaudits because he scored a late-ish goal and because of that people forget the preceding 60 minutes of the match. The manager brought on Sutton and switched Erwin's position for a reason.