Kilmarnock V Motherwell 04/04/2015

Yabba's Turd

Chick Young on the radio says he didn't think we deserved the equaliser but bbc stats show

Possession

Kilmarnock 46%

Motherwell 54%

Shots

Kilmarnock 3

Motherwell 6

Shots on target

Kilmarnock 2

Motherwell 3

Corners

Kilmarnock 1

Motherwell 4

Fouls

Kilmarnock 6

Motherwell 8

I switched off the radio as the wee St Mirren loving prick was totally disrespectful to 'Well all day. He got both the first 2 goalscorers wrong and was slaughtering George Long the whole first half. I hope he is in sight on Tuesday.

I would like to see Twardzik back between the sticks as he is a safer option than Long. He really has been dealt the shitey end of the stick I feel.

I know Long is making a few blunders at the moment but Twardzik was dropped for a perfectly valid reason - he also was making more than a few blunders. A nightmare at crosses also. In the recent 2 games against Killie, Long has been criticised (yesterday rightly so) but don't overlook the fact that Josh Law was in some way responsible for both goals. He simply wasn't handling Obadeyi.

I switched off the radio as the wee St Mirren loving prick was totally disrespectful to 'Well all day. He got both the first 2 goalscorers wrong and was slaughtering George Long the whole first half. I hope he is in sight on Tuesday.

He should make it if Newco don't play to Wednesday.

I know Long is making a few blunders at the moment but Twardzik was dropped for a perfectly valid reason - he also was making more than a few blunders. A nightmare at crosses also. In the recent 2 games against Killie, Long has been criticised (yesterday rightly so) but don't overlook the fact that Josh Law was in some way responsible for both goals. He simply wasn't handling Obadeyi.

Long was garbage yesterday from virtually the first minute. He missed everything not just the cross that led to the goal. The first time he caught the ball was in the 32nd minute and Kilmarnock must have had 5 or 6 crosses in that time and a couple of shots. For a big boy he has no presence about him. He doesn't use his height and weight at all and as far as punching the ball goes Twardzik is much better.

Twardzik has made some errors but over 25+ games and he's turned in man of the match performances and kept us from getting right drubbings. Long has probably had as many mistakes now as Twardzik in a quarter of the matches. Twardzik has a better clean sheet record than Long, and Long has been playing in a team that's performing much better with a half way credible defence in front of him.

I said after the match yesterday that Baraclough will have to have a hard think about it. The stakes are huge now and I'm afraid confidence in Long is being whittled away, something we really don't need when we are battling for survival.

No one wants to change a goalkeeper at this stage in the season, in our position, but we just cannot afford any more mistakes. However it is in goals has to perform. End of story.

A great and thoroughly deserved 3 points in front of a really decent away support. 2nd half was fantastic and what a feeling when Erwin scored!!

Going forward we look really really good and there is a threat from a variety of outlets.

A couple of criticisms though.....

I think he is a good player, but Grant didn't contribute much wide left yesterday and I would've liked to have seen Dom Thomas as Johnsons direct replacement.

In the second half at least, until the last 5 minutes, Long was a virtual spectator, which was possibly just as well and he dealt with nothing comfortably that was put in the box in the first and was definitely culpable for Killies goal. the goal ooks even worse on the telly!! I'm not convinced he is any better than Twardzik and the last 3 goals he's let in have all been howlers.

He had a good game v Accies but I thought Straker had a nightmare yesterday.

I would like to see Twardzik back between the sticks as he is a safer option than Long. He really has been dealt the shitey end of the stick I feel.

ask yir pal steelboy who he prefers ????? hahahahah he will have a break down if you suggest wee dan again

No one wants to change a goalkeeper at this stage in the season, in our position, but we just cannot afford any more mistakes. However it is in goals has to perform. End of story.

Dan isn't as good as people made him out to be and was disappointed when we signed him. Long isn't as bad a some make him out to be. Between the 2 it's a tough call, but as quick as people are to point out his mistakes he has his moments too - his save against ICT just before half time probably won the game for us and helped us on our current run.

Just on the principal of not changing a winning team, I'd keep him in for now.

Long didn't "miss everything" yesterday. He missed that one cross, was fouled on 3 of them and punched the rest, they were dodgy as shite but still they were dealt with.

I am somewhere inbetween. Twardzik is shite, but long is looking that way too.

The common factor for Nielsen, Long, Twardzik and Hollis is that they have all played behind a dodgy defence. I'm sure that doesn't help them any more than their errors help any of our defenders.

McCall set us up to score more goals than we lost. When we stopped scoring we were never a team that could shut down a game and keep things tight.

I kind of agree. But for me the 3 times long was fouled he should have smashed everyone in his way to clear the ball.

Correct. First prerequisite for a good goalie is to be tall and built like a tank. They should then be allowed to attack the ball and anything else daft enough to get in their way way to ensure they reach it. Artur Boric immediately comes to mind as do most keepers Dundee United sign. More than a few strikers ended up with stud marks on their back when Boruc meant business. 15 or 16 stones of solid muscle clattering into you doesn't bear thinking about. Dusan Pernis at Tannadice was another in the same mould - and I feared for our guys any time they went near him.

Someone in our coaching staff made a great call at half time on Saturday. We stopped challenging McGennis and Miller for the first ball as they were playing for free kicks (and getting them) every time we challenged them in the 1st half. In the 2nd we layed off them and challenged the 2nd ball and it worked a treat, not normally something I would think a good idea but their lack of pace through the middle up front meant we could get away with it. Horrible mistake by Long and looked suspect all day, however he was fouled 3 times by Miller in the 1st half without a card being produce, there's just no precedent for that now a days, you're lucky to get away with it once without a card now a days, never mind 3 times. I wouldn't change the keeper at this stage, not convinced Dan is any better and just as likely to make a mistake. It will hopefully give Long some confidence to know the manager is still backing him.

That's the first game I've been to for a couple of years ( my 6 year old started talking about Celtic so it had to be addressed.

For me it's inevitable the keeper was going to make a mistake the amount of free kicks we gave away in & around there box.

They had a couple of very decent wingers, fortunately with no end product but why do we back off & let them run 40 yards unchallenged??

Not sure if that's the norm??

Apart from that when we got the ball down we looked a decent team.

Think someone said a few pages back where would the love in be for Erwin if he missed. He didn't!!!!

If we play like that against St Mirren we'll be alright

They had a couple of very decent wingers, fortunately with no end product but why do we back off & let them run 40 yards unchallenged??

The boss made that very same point in his post match, so hopefully that's something he'll be addressing sooner rather than later.

This. Plus, sometimes the opposition has good players that can beat ours.

The upside from all this is we made adjustments and went on to win.

Was interesting to hear Gary Locke say how bringing on Sutton changed the game too, as he proved to be a handful for his defence.

Overall, enjoyed watching the highlights on Alba last night.

We've been playing like this for years now. As far as our tendency to lose goals from cross balls is concerned - if we have a dodgy keeper and central defence, why don't we cut our crosses at source? We concede far too many avoidable free kicks, corners and unchallenged crosses. Someone earlier said that Killie fired in 5/6 crosses in the first 30 minutes. Why did we allow them to do this?