Motherwell V St.mirren 07/04/15

Yabba's Turd

------------Twardzik

Law...Laing..McManus...Straker

------Pearson------Lasley---

Ainsworth-----------------Johnson

-------McDonald ---- Erwin

and its a very reluctant inclusion for Ainsworth, really starting to lose the rag with him, such a talented individual with loads off ability , but from the outside looking in, his indifference and lack of effort on so many occasions is sickening.

but the back 4 are prone to so many errors, we need the movement and out balls that those 4 up front allow us

St Miren have probably being the better team in the previous 2 meetings this season and yet we won them both.

I can see a reversal in fortunes here with us battering them, yet losing!!

Hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully Johnson is back and I'd bring Ramsden and Twardzik in for long and Straker.

This it it for St Mirren. I expect them to really chuck the kitchen sink at us.

We look fitter and fitter by the week so hopefully we'll recover well from our exertions on the plastic pitch. If fit Johnson will inevitably come in for Grant. Baraclough has hinted at using the squad so there may be 1 or 2 other changes.

Horrible feeling St Mirren will get something from this but if we continue to create chances in the manner we have been, we should be too good.

I spoke to a guy who was on the team bus yesterday and he said he would have played yesterday if the pitch wasn't plastic.so he expects him to start on tues

That's my understanding too.

Fully expect him to be playing against St Mirren from the start. Just couldn't be risked given the fixtures thst lay ahead.

This it it for St Mirren. I expect them to really chuck the kitchen sink at us.

We look fitter and fitter by the week so hopefully we'll recover well from our exertions on the plastic pitch. If fit Johnson will inevitably come in for Grant. Baraclough has hinted at using the squad so there may be 1 or 2 other changes.

Horrible feeling St Mirren will get something from this but if we continue to create chances in the manner we have been, we should be too good.

Thinking very much along similar lines. It has the makings of quite a game. For slightly different reasons there is no margin for error for either team. We can't afford to let Ross County get any further ahead or St Mirren pull us back towards them and obviously there is potential for them to go 10 behind both us and County.

That St Mirren really have to win could perhaps be to our advantage in terms of our ability to break at them with pace, particularly if Johnson makes it.

We seem to be growing as a team, confident, and have shown some good character of late. We must see more of the more of the same allied to playing as we know we can. Do that and I would like to think we'll be fine.

We need to be utterly ruthless on Tuesday and plunge the sword right into their chest. No fucking about, no nerves, no harking back to previous games, no thinking about Ross County.

We are in a gladatorial battle with two others, fighting for survival and on Tuesday one of them is on their knees and we have the chance of finish them off.

Of course we could have done the same to Ross County earlier in the season and we turned in an insipid performance and they haven't lost since.

Obviously not seen St. Mirren since the last match but by all accounts in the last few matches they've looked like a beaten team and they've only scored once in about 5 or 6 matches.

Tuesday is do or die. Kill or be killed. That simple.

• Like 1

I think the manager has a couple of positions to ponder over the next day or so. We have been doing well but seems like its only a matter of time before the goalie and left back positions cost us points. The probem beng that we don't have stick on better options. Does he stay with current options and hope they don't cost us or does he replace them and hope the replacements don't cost us. Tough decisions and I'm not sure what i would do if i was him.

Until the teams immediately above us start dropping some serious points, every game is a must win. It's going to be tense as duck between now and the end of the season. I'm making myself I'll just thinking about it.

I'm just hoping that we can win our next 2 and Ross county loose their next 2. So Partick wil be dragged into it, maybe even Killie but even then with 5 games to go after the split it is going to be nerve jangling stuff

A win would be ideal, but even if we do win, the dog fight starts for real after the split.

Think we'll be good for 3 points though, and I'd rather be playing St. Mirren now, when their nerves might kick in, than when they are definitely relegated and the pressure is off and letting them play without fear.

Until the teams immediately above us start dropping some serious points, every game is a must win. It's going to be tense as duck between now and the end of the season. I'm making myself I'll just thinking about it.

I'm the same, and as you can imagine, I think about very little else!!

Been this way since about October to be honest!!!

We have been doing well but seems like its only a matter of time before the goalie and left back positions cost us points.

The goalie position I agree with. For a few seasons now, with or without Steve Hammell, our left side has been weak to varying degrees and opponents have known this. However this season right back has also been weak. We have had a fair number of RBs but none have really impressed. As I've said elsewhere Josh Law has had a hand in a couple of goals we've lost against Killie. He struggled to handle Obadeyi again and conceded the free kick from which they scored. Part of the problem is the narrow defensive formation we play which allows opponents scope to attack freely down our flanks and whip in crosses.

We need to be utterly ruthless on Tuesday and plunge the sword right into their chest. No fucking about, no nerves, no harking back to previous games, no thinking about Ross County. We are in a gladatorial battle with two others, fighting for survival and on Tuesday one of them is on their knees and we have the chance of finish them off. Of course we could have done the same to Ross County earlier in the season and we turned in an insipid performance and they haven't lost since.Obviously not seen St. Mirren since the last match but by all accounts in the last few matches they've looked like a beaten team and they've only scored once in about 5 or 6 matches. Tuesday is do or die. Kill or be killed. That simple.

You been watching Gladiator or are you really Russel Crowe ?