Motherwell V St.mirren 07/04/15

Yabba's Turd

Superb performance, although it has to be said St. Mirren were terrible.

Totally dominated the 90 minutes and with better final ball and a wee bit of luck with offside decisions it could literally have been 10.

I honestly don't know who I'm going to give the man of the match award to. Erwin was outstanding in the second half maybe faded a bit in the second half. Ainsworth ripped them to shreads. Lasley was tremendous, as was Pearson until he got injured. Johnston did well, Sutton came on and scored 2 goals, Dom Thomas has come on and produced some outrageous skill to set up the 5th.....

Unfortunately Ross County won so Saturday is going to be a huge match.

I am fucking delighted. What a performance.

Big McManus was outstanding. Skippy and Ainsworth threats, Sutton clinical, Lasley an outstanding performance but Lee Erwin, that boys a star.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe mention Marvin too who looks a good fit.

The euphoria doesn't last long though as the Partick Thistle game is unbelievably huge. Gutted I'm going to miss this.

The best performance from Louis Laing in a 'Well shirt too. Got his head on everything that came his way, and solid in the tackle too and very composed throughout.

But, for those doubting if 35yr old Lasley could play 2 games in a matter of days? What a performance to answer those doubts. Absolutely tremendous from Keith. Almost a flawless performance (if we discount the ridiculous shot at the end of the first half).

Everyone had a 7+ but those two in particular were exceptional.

Dom Thomas giving Goodwin a wee look at the ball before absolutely turning him inside out, was one of the best things i've seen in ages, almost missed the goal talking about it.

Called this yesterday, absolutely no bother at all.

• Like 4

All round superb display tonight. Many top notch performances, but I'm going to give special praise to McManus who had a flawless performance. That said, going forward that team is frightening. If for a bit more composure it would have been double figures tonight. Well done to everyone on the squad, and the manager and backroom staff for the recent turn around.

Echo what everyone has said - superb all over the park. Thomas ripping Goodwin a new one and a goal coming from it was superb. Big mention to George Long for coming back from a honking performance and doing the basics correctly. McManus and Laing superb and strong throughout. All of Midfield and Attack excellent!

...and I took Paddy Power to the cleaners. Had us at -1, Win and Skippy to score, Win both halves. £250 - bosh!

• Like 2

I didn't even mention Marvellous Marvin..... That boys class, when we signed Nicky Law you could see he had class in his movement and ball striking. Johnson is similar, he glides when he runs, strikes the ball cleanly and can beat a man for fun.

Connor Grant looked really composed when came on in centre midfield aswell.

Jeez they all looked really good.

Only one negative tonight. Some guy a few rows in front of me decided to give Straker a hard time all through the first half. A couple of hairy moments aside, Straker hadn't done anything to merit it tonight. Players getting a hard time when we're winning 2-0, sometimes I wonder...

St Mirren are a poor side and obviously doomed , not to say I'll miss them and the heavy handed security at their shitty breeze block stadium.

But for all they were shit , the papers in the morning should be focusing on how good we were above their shortfallings.

The back line were solid and assured all night, and from middle to front we were a joy to watch, easily our best attacking performance of the season , had enough chances to hit double figures .

Keep that level of performance and commitment up in the remaining games and we will be just fine .

Dom Thomas giving Goodwin a wee look at the ball before absolutely turning him inside out, was one of the best things i've seen in ages, almost missed the goal talking about it.

was the highlight for me, right in front of us, I'm not even sure how/what Dom did! , but Goodwin tried to lunge and throw his whole body at the kid, who just rolled him and strolled right past setting up Skippys drive for Sutty to poke in the fifth

Delightful!

• Like 2