Motherwell V St.mirren 07/04/15

Yabba's Turd

one problem we will have on Tuesday is st midden punting high balls into our goalie because gary teale was in the stand on sat and must have seen what the rest of us seen ,a shakey keeper with no cross ball handling and flapping / punching (sometimes) I just hope he proves us all wrong and comes out and cements big steven Thompson who I think will deff start it could go either way ,we will either hump them ,or be on the end of a sneaky away win ,,,,, hope am rite 3-1 the well

one problem we will have on Tuesday is st midden punting high balls into our goalie because gary teale was in the stand on sat and must have seen what the rest of us seen ,a shakey keeper with no cross ball handling and flapping / punching (sometimes) I just hope he proves us all wrong and comes out and cements big steven Thompson who I think will deff start it could go either way ,we will either hump them ,or be on the end of a sneaky away win ,,,,, hope am rite 3-1 the well

If our central defenders can't deal with high balls being pumped into the box all night, they should take up knitting. Should be meat and drink for them.

• Like 1

If our central defenders can't deal with high balls being pumped into the box all night, they should take up knitting. Should be meat and drink for them.

yip it should be , but they cant and haven't done even when poor wee dan was getting pelters for not catching balls . at approx. 6"3 he should be punching every cants head off and making the forward shit himself, :)

praying we can win this, would love to send them down, can't stand their fans.Its gonna be a nervy night,Two wins from the next two games would be brilliant ,if Ross county lose both, even better.Cannae bear to even contemplate facing Rangers in a play off. That last cup game just gives me the fear!

• Like 1

Excited and nervous in equal measure for this game tomorrow. If we play the way we did in the second 45's vs Accies and Killie we should be too much for St Mirren.

As the manager mentioned in his press conference, it'll be key for us to get a good start to the game. An early goal to set the tone and not let them build any confidence.

If Johnson is fit he should come back in on the left and if not then D Thomas. Grant has his qualities but he's not a left winger.

I think we'll stretch our lead over them to 10 points tomorrow night with a 3-1 win!

As for Dingwall, I think it'll be 1-1 up there.

I think we'll see Dayton on the right for Saints due to how shite Straker is and for that reason I think we need someone at left mid who might offer a bit more protection defensively rather than an out and out attacker. I wouldn't be surprised to see Grant there again.

Absolutely smashing them. A win by at least 3.

This. We might not score 3 but this is the attitude you have to have at the bottom.

We have the points advantage, the GD advantage, we've got better players, we are at home and we are in better form.

Go into this game with nerves and we are a Championship club next season.

St. Mirren HAVE to win, all the pressure is on them and we should be piling it on them instead of worrying like some old dear. If we score the first goal their moral will collapse.

Only change I would make is Johnson back in for Grant if fit. Bara said he thought Hammell would get an U20 game this week so it would be nice if the reason he didn't play yesterday was that he is just going to put him in the team tonight! I would also take that change!

I wouldn't change out Long. He is on a par with Twardzik in my eye - no better/no worse. Therefore, I think it is better to keep the defensive unit together rather than change it for a goalie who is pretty much the same. If St Mirren go with the tactic to rain balls in on top of Long then they would do exactly the same at Twardzik if he came in.

I'd make a couple of changes and they are pretty much what most have said already....

• Grant - has pretty much been surplus to requirements since Pearson came back from injury which is a shame for him, as I thought he looked neat and tidy playing in the middle...played out wide, either on the right or left, he has offered nothing in an attacking sense. I'd like to think we'll be doing most of the attacking tonight, so if Johnson is still unavailable, the gaffer could plump for one of three players to replace him. For me, it would be Dom Thomas, however Nathan Thomas could be an option, as could Lee Erwin, with Sutton going up top with Skippy.
  • Straker - if Hammell is fit, I'd fling him in, if he isnt fit, I'd stick Ramsden in there. Straker is good for the comedy value and thats about it...I've got the fear every time the ball is within 30yards of him

As for the goalkeeper situation... I was a huge critic of Twardzik (and in my opinion I'm still justified in that criticism), and was delighted when we signed Long, as he arrived with a bit of pedigree, but after watching him again at Killie on Saturday, its got to be said that he is every bit as bad as Wee Dan is. Saturdays display from him, was as bad an individual display as I've seen from a goalkeeper and the goal that we lost because of him was criminal. We can expect an up-and-at-them approach from St Mirren tonight, after Teale watched our goalkeeper fumble and flap at every cross into his box. The thing is, Wee Dan is no better, and this will really have to be addressed in the Summer regardless of the league we are in as the goals we have conceded this season because of goalkeeping fuck-ups or downright inability has been appalling.

GK; TOSS A COIN

LAW LAING MCMANUS HAMMELL/RAMSDEN

AINSWORTH LASLEY PEARO D THOMAS

SKIPPY ERWIN

Sure I seen 9/5 available on County with SkyBet over the weekend. Seems pretty generous, however St Johnstone have beaten them 2-1 in the last 3 matches between the two. St Johnstone need to also win.

Fancy us strongly tonight. Having been watching some of the live games against Aberdeen/Accies and the highlights from Killie we look to have improved so much. I really fancy us to go and win this one comfortably tonight. 3-0 'Well.

I'll be watching. With the clocks changing in the UK a week or so ago the kick off time is only 00:15am for me. Mon The 'Well!