Partick Thistle V Motherwell 11/04/15 - Huge Away Crowd Expected

Last post by:

Despite our huge turn around and fantastic run of results I'm going on Saturday in hope rather than expectation. Before tonight they had conceded one in 5 and taken 11 from 15 and, to play devils advocate - in terms of current form we've just played three of the worst teams in the league.

What does give me hope is the manner of those results - we're playing with real swagger and are digging deep every single game. Even at 5-0 up on Tuesday and 4-0 against Hamilton, guys were chucking everything at it to keep a clean sheet and the win against Killie could have easily been a sore one but we showed spirit and character to get the points.

It's going to be a cracking game. Canny wait!

Partick Thistle are in pretty good form and 5-1 victory aside we have a pretty poor record at Firhill. We played very well but St. Mirren were abysmal, we will be playing a much better team at the weekend.

If we beat them 11-0 we'll still be a point behind them, and with a worse goal difference, but I'd take it. (I think it would be unrealistic to hope for a 12-0 victory. :victory: )

• Like 1

Would probably take a point, purely because a loss would be a real kick in the stones. Hoping St Mirren can do us a favour but they were absolutely shite the other night so fully expect County to scud them.

Huge game, wish I could make it!

Of course we all want 3 points but a draw would not be the end of the world. If we can keep our run going then I'm confident we'll pick up points after the split.

3 points should be a must ..... when the feck have we been scared to go and play plastic thistle the way we are playin the now ,the rest of the bottom 6 will be shittin there self ........ :) just my opinion of course

Of course, any win will do but it would be good to see us win by 3 goals or more. That would give County a couple of days looking at themselves in 11th spot prior to playin St Mirren and hopeully mess with their minds. Also hoping for some sort of reaction from the St Mirren team to getting gubbed 5-0 by us. So 4 -1 for us and St Mirren 1 County 0 throw in Killie and accies getting beat and it will a superb few days COYW

Thistle boss a bit rattled by the prospect of a big away support https://m.facebook.com/partickthistlefc/photos/a.749434111787983.1073741928.208968199167913/901384436592949/?type=1&source=48

Message from Alan Archibald:

Saturday’s match is now vital and, with the visitors making noise about their biggest travelling support of the season, I need you to turn up and out sing our rivals for the final push towards safety. Share this with every Thistle fan in your phone book, tag any of your pals who haven’t been to Firhill for a while, email every Jags fan you know and get them to Firhill on Saturday. Get behind me, get behind the team & together we can do this.

Mon the Jags,

• Like 1

Thistle boss a bit rattled by the prospect of a big away support https://m.facebook.com/partickthistlefc/photos/a.749434111787983.1073741928.208968199167913/901384436592949/?type=1&source=48

Message from Alan Archibald:

Saturdays match is now vital and, with the visitors making noise about their biggest travelling support of the season, I need you to turn up and out sing our rivals for the final push towards safety. Share this with every Thistle fan in your phone book, tag any of your pals who havent been to Firhill for a while, email every Jags fan you know and get them to Firhill on Saturday. Get behind me, get behind the team & together we can do this.

Mon the Jags,

Doesn't strike me as a confident camp, slippery bums at Firhill. May be looking to much into though and its just a sales pitch.

We're 14/5 at the bookies.

Well overpriced and worth a treble with a couple of bankers.

With the amount of 3 nil predictions that pays 40/1 there could be a couple of very good coupon wins at the w/end.

I'm not a happy clapper or a doom merchant.

But a 3 goal victory is a bit wild even with our recent form.

I'd settle for a scrappy 1 nil

there are probably a dozen match threads this season alone where punters were piling on us claiiming the bookies were miles off.

I'm getting more cautious and nervous as the matches get ticked off, and we're not really any safer from play offs

whilst the attacking football is now a joy to watch at times, we still have some massive vulnerabilities., its scary how narrow the margins are going into each game, Kille and St Mirren both hit the woodwork with chances that could have flipped the results,

Expectations gone through the roof with our recent revival.

Misplaced expectations in my opinion. We have been excellent recently but I'm nervous about this game. Partick will give us a tougher game than Killie and I wouldn't say we beat them with ease.

• Like 1

Misplaced expectations in my opinion. We have been excellent recently but I'm nervous about this game. Partick will give us a tougher game than Killie and I wouldn't say we beat them with ease.

It might have only been 2-1, but should have been much more. Erwin should have had at least a hat trick.

Celtic only beat St Mirren 2-0 then we belted them. Its not wild to think about beating this lot on Saturday. Id take a 1-0 but we look like scoring every time we go up the park right now so there is no reason why we cant score 3 or 4. 3-1 Motherwell for me.

Celtic won 2 nil in Paisley which in my opinion is a very different score than what it would have been if it was at Celtic park.

Don't know if anyone saw the Aberdeen v Partick highlights from last week but Partick could have easily put 4 by them.

Much harder game this w/end than many are predicting.

& as someone said earlier, the pressure is very much on us against thistle for me.

Any sort of win will do.

If we don't win the baraclough out thread will be fun on Saturday night

Edited by Prestwickwell