2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Think we will have a mass exodus in the summer. Fully expected at very least 10 of the current squad to be missing next year. The four loan guys plus McHugh, Cummins, Reid, Ramsden, Lawson and Vigurs will all be away next year. More than likely MacDonald, Ainsworth and Sutton will be away plus a few of the other fringe players may be pushed out the door - Kerr, Carswell, etc.

Depends a lot on what division we will be playing in that will determine the squad size and pedigree, but expect it to be a lot different from current squad.

Very surprised at 2yr deal for Pearson, but think its a superb piece of business.

BBC Sport gossip page has us chasing Jamie McDonald as keeper for next year.

I thought he was probably hearts best player last season and was surprised no one from the top division picked him up before he signed for Falkirk. Very competent premier league level keeper.

St Mirren and Killie also after him apparently.

I thought he was probably hearts best player last season and was surprised no one from the top division picked him up before he signed for Falkirk. Very competent premier league level keeper.

Good keeper and out of contract.

Craig Samson is out of contract at Killie but I'd imagine they would want to re-sign him and MacDonald is maybe a back up plan.

Mark Ridgers is under contract next season at St. Mirren so I'm not sure they would be going for him although Marian Kello is free and will probably be released. You wonder what happened to him that he couldn't get in that St. Mirren team.

I thought it was strange we never went in for him last summer, would be a good signing

• Like 1

With the season drawing to a close shortly I figured a new thread discussing the comings & goings this summer would be worth starting. I'll shift the last few posts from the current thread over as they're relevant to next seasons discussions.

I'd be surprised if we signed McDonald,or many Scottish based players for that matter. I got the impression we'd be going after young English players where possible.

That said, I'd be more than happy with McDonald, though I still think Twardzik should have a future here.

Twardzik does have a future in Motherwell... Up the Asda on the checkouts. Never a keeper!

Heard we were looking Jake Kirby from Tranmere Rovers. Young midfielder who has played a fair few times this season. Seems to fit the bill of a young player who could grow at the club.

The (permanent) signing of Twardzik was the laziest signing I've ever known in all my time watching Motherwell....but there were another few that McCall signed during his tenure that could run it close.

This pre-season coming is going to be one of almighty upheaval on the playing squad, regardless of the division we are in and who is in charge.

Some of the fringe guys could be released if we stay up, but kept on if we go down and vice versa with the higher earners due to differing budgets in whatever division we end up in.

In reality, who will be gone/dead wood

Twardzik

Long

Reid

Ramsden

Francis Angol

Cummins

Kerr

O'Brien

Laing

Ainsworth

Vigurs

Lawson

Mchugh

Straeker

Mcdonald

Carswell?

Any I'm missing?

That list does not paint McCall in a positive light although Baraclough has contributed with a few howlers amidst the January panic. I'd imagine they'll all be away and the only one I'd want to keep would be McDonald, possibly Laing.

Think you can also add Sutton, Nathan Thomas and Josh Law to the list.

That list does not paint McCall in a positive light although Baraclough has contributed with a few howlers amidst the January panic. I'd imagine they'll all be away and the only one I'd want to keep would be McDonald, possibly Laing.

Think you can also add Sutton, Nathan Thomas and Josh Law to the list.

Damning indeed. I'd add Ainsworth to your list of possiblies though

The root cause of our poor form this season is Stuart McCall's signings, together with an horrendous injury list.