2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Baraclough mentioned in his interview that the club are not far away from agreeing a new contract with Erwin. Very good news as he will be key next season, no matter what league we are playing in!

Is this a recent interview?

I've heard he hasn't been offered a new deal and has known it for a few months...

Before barra's recent spending spree he was apparently the highest earner at the club so not surprised to see him go.

Also wages aside his performances haven't been very good so glad to hear he may not be offered a contract.

On a positive note, Barra's interview that appeared in the Sun the other day advised that he was at the Bechin v Alloa game looking at players..........that is the level we are it, people need to be realistic in what we can afford

That is certainly a level we should be exploring. It's been a long time since we picked up a prospect from the Scottish lower divisions - something that should be part of our overall strategy.

Agree with that; just look at the gems United have uncovered there.

I'm sure it won't be our only market; remember Marvin came from Kidderminster! I hope if we stay up Bara gets the money & chance to have a bit more influence from that point of view. Can really see us pulling out a few players that we can sell on if that's the case.

Glad to hear Baraclough is looking at the lower leagues. McCall turned a blind eye to this market and a few gems have went to our competitors.

I read somewhere that Baraclough had been doing some punditry in Ireland recently, I imagine that ties in with scouting trips.

I've heard Barra is also keen on the young guy Kidd from QoS

was this no 17? he caught my eye against Rangers - was very impressed. It definitely is an avenue we should be going down - Utd have been very impressive with who they have picked up, especially Andy Robertson who went from amateur to International and now a £10m player in a matter of seasons

I've heard Barra is also keen on the young guy Kidd from QoS

He's from our area and was with our Academy until round about u15s age when Celtic enticed him away. After he went to Celtic he played for Scotland and captained Celtic and Scotland at several agegroups. Joined QoS to get regular first team football after the usual buffers were hit at Parkhead for young players. Good player with a great engine and an even better attitude.

Sounds very unlikely considering there are plenty of people on here who don't think he's good enough for us. I don't think he's anywhere near the level celtic will be looking at but I do hope we can sign him up.

Fully expect Erwin to sign up and us not to stand in his way when a decent offer comes in. Win win for both parties.

That would make most sense and, given our new owner's approach to running the club, sounds like the path we will take.