2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I see it's the players themselves that add their details to the PFA site, rather than the clubs.

I suppose getting their names on there while the season is still going gives other clubs the chance to watch them in action, or even training.

Questions will need to be asked however if once again we lose a great young prospect for nothing!

What about a development fee? If sevco can get 200k for a player that hardly kicked a ball for them then what can we get? A pittance I suspect.

To be fair, I don't really think questions will need to be asked. The new regime has made it clear that this has been a long-term problem at the club that they intend to address, and Erwin's probably the last of the guys we'll lose from having been developed the "old way". There's not a lot they can do about that now other than persuade him it's the best place to be for another couple of years, but that's a much harder sell today than it was this time last year.

• Like 1

Not sounding great is it. Just hope maybe Lee is happy here and feels a bit of loyalty is due after his injuries etc and signs for a few years.

In saying that some of the comments if he reads them would happily make him scarper to somewhere he might be appreciated better.

Re the compo aspect, I'm sure we will only be due cash if he moves to a Scottish team but will get hee haw if he goes down south.

I thought that rule only affected those in the last year of the compensation set up.

On the other hand, if we'd given a long term contract to Lee while he was struggling with injuries people would also have asked questions.

Can't say I have any idea which way big Erwin will go, but why would a 21 year old 1st team player sign for any club with a view to being 'development' player. Firstly he would be taking a step backwards in playing terms and secondly he is too old now and would be only able to play as an over-age player.

I would suggest/ hope another season at least with the Well to Firmly establish himself then go south for good money and even more exposure.

Whatever he chooses I wish him well.

Questions will need to be asked however if once again we lose a great young prospect for nothing!

The only question to be asked if we lose him is "Lee, why did you turn down the chance to develop playing first team football and choose to sit for a long spell on the bench elsewhere?"

The contract has been offered, and given our new club strategy and finances, I imagine it is a generous one for where he is in his career. What we can't do is force him to sign it or stop his agent from shopping him around.

I'm not usually too upset when someone leave us - it's the nature of the game. In Erwin's case, I would be more upset only because we stuck by him through 2 serious injuries and then bumped him up to the first team.

No idea if Erwin will sign for us or not but if he does sign for us before we know what division we are in then his head needs looking at. I know I wouldn't put pen to paper until then. Don't think this is the time to be worrying about it. Couple weeks yet.

I think Erwin will sign up. No bother.

Can't see Bara wanting to keep the majority of our out of contract players if he has already let Vigurs, Lawson, Carswell and Ramsden know they won't get a deal.

Not my choices but I reckon Barra could offer:

Sutton - as an experienced hard working player (see recent daily record article about pairing up young players with experienced squad members) but probably not going to guarantee him a start.

Ainsworth - I think he can see his qualities so may want to work on the negatives in his game.

Law - He has played him a lot so I think he will offer a deal.

Maybe Kerr as a backup/squad player.

That's probably about it.

No idea if Erwin will sign for us or not but if he does sign for us before we know what division we are in then his head needs looking at. I know I wouldn't put pen to paper until then. Don't think this is the time to be worrying about it. Couple weeks yet.

This for me.

At the end of the day money talks & if he's offered much more elsewhere he'll be off

Scott fox rejected new deal with Partick emdy take him ?

Better goalkeepers out of contract this summer - Jamie MacDonald for instance. I've also been pretty impressed by Derek Gaston at Morton whenever I've seen him.

Think Thomas Cerny only signed up to the end of the season for Hibs but might be wrong about that.

in fairness vigurs, carswell, zfa, lawson, and kerr would not be missed in the slightest, they r literally picking up a wage for nothing at all.

Vigurs , Ramsden and Lawson could be the greatest players in the world, but with their injury records , it's a brave club that would take a punt on them

Good luck to the others , but don't think they're good enough for the level they are at

Vigurs , Ramsden and Lawson could be the greatest players in the world, but with their injury records , it's a brave club that would take a punt on them

Good luck to the others , but don't think they're good enough for the level they are at

Aye this for me.

It will be a Baraclough team next season that's for sure.

I think he will be looking for a first team goalie, centre back, winger, striker for sure. Probably a few more squad players for competition.

Vigurs is interesting - Baraclough has never seen him play so I wonder if its a club or player decision.

I've heard rumours Vigs injury is career threatening. Potentially the reason why.

Tbh I'm disappointed as I think he's a class player.

If its a sciatic/back issue it could very well be. Might be why he failed the medical Oldham before we got him.

Or he could have signed his deal sooner (like Dom Thomas and Pearson) and worked his arse off to keep us in the league he wants to play in.

I accept the point you're making but those two between them have done very little to keep us anywhere. Thomas hasn't had a fair crack and Pearson has been honking since he signed the afore-mentioned deal.

Thomas hasn't had a fair crack and Pearson has been honking since he signed the afore-mentioned deal.

Thomas yes. Disagree about pearson - he was poor (as was the rest of the team)!at the recent away games. However in the 2nd half against Kilmarnock while we were under pressure he was the calming influence doing some terrific defensive work in midfield as well as picking some great passes to set up some chances near the end

• Like 1

Aberdeen have released Declan McManus. Might be interesting to see what level of football he is playing next season.

I suspect that he will end up joining Morton in the Championship. He done really well for them on loan this season and suspect that will have been lined up before he agreed his release from Aberdeen.

I accept the point you're making but those two between them have done very little to keep us anywhere. Thomas hasn't had a fair crack and Pearson has been honking since he signed the afore-mentioned deal.

Doing a lot of the dirty work from my vantage point, he is the first player since Steve Jennings with the ability to get us out quickly in similar positions.

• Like 4