2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

After wanting a step up from us it looks as though he wants a step up from them but I don't know how much of an impression he's made down there.

I remember watching highlights one night and Randolph and Ruddy were both playing - I came over all nostalgic!

After wanting a step up from us it looks as though he wants a step up from them but I don't know how much of an impression he's made down there.

I remember watching highlights one night and Randolph and Ruddy were both playing - I came over all nostalgic!

Been told from someone in football down south that Randolph was one of the better keepers in that league.

Been told from someone in football down south that Randolph was one of the better keepers in that league.

According to BBC he is "now expected to join a Premier League side".

Best goalkeeper we've had in all the time I've been watching us. Randolph would have won us about 10-15 pts at least on his own this season!

• Like 1

He's certainly good enough for the top flight in England. He's better than Ruddy (who is no slouch, to say the least) and Ruddy performed well at that level.

Agreed, Randy is top notch and better than Ruddy IMO. I'm actually surprised it's a Swansea/ West Ham level and not a top six team (someone's gonna say Swans are top six probably)

I'm actually surprised it's a Swansea/ West Ham level and not a top six team (someone's gonna say Swans are top six probably)

Randolphs made a number of howlers this season that have resulted in goals that's why he won't go any higher than a mid table Premiership side. That said, we were truly spoiled having goalies of the calibre of randy and ruddy in recent times

I'm in the minority. I thought Ruddy was better than Randolph tbh..... More vocal, commanding with a better presence. Also his triple save at Utd ranks with one of the best I have ever seen.

Special place in my heart for Randolph, great kerper, guy and servant but I just think Big John is better.

I'm in the minority. I thought Ruddy was better than Randolph tbh..... More vocal, commanding with a better presence. Also his triple save at Utd ranks with one of the best I have ever seen.

Special place in my heart for Randolph, great kerper, guy and servant but I just think Big John is better.

I think Ruddy wasn't especially good in his second loan spell, as good as he was in the first. For me, he dipped quite a wee bit in the second half of the season.

Randolph was also here for 3 years whereas Ruddy was only here for 1. Randolph's level of performance and the consistency of performance over that length of time I think puts him ahead of anyone else in my time.

Randolphs made a number of howlers this season that have resulted in goals that's why he won't go any higher than a mid table Premiership side. That said, we were truly spoiled having goalies of the calibre of randy and ruddy in recent times

Have you been following Joe Hart's career at all?

For me, Ruddy was more likely to pull out a world class save but also more prone to the odd howler (losing the ball at Tannadice, throwing a free kick into the net vs Hibs). Randolph wouldn't make the same jaw dropping saves but was a bit more reliable in that he made fewer howlers.

Both cracking keepers who have made a rod for the back of every keeper that's followed them...

For me, Ruddy was more likely to pull out a world class save but also more prone to the odd howler (losing the ball at Tannadice, throwing a free kick into the net vs Hibs). Randolph wouldn't make the same jaw dropping saves but was a bit more reliable in that he made fewer howlers.

Both cracking keepers who have made a rod for the back of every keeper that's followed them...

That's the differentiator for me too. Both great keepers, but Ruddy had a howler once in a while that Randolph rarely experienced. Ruddy seems to have continued that pattern at Norwich.

Of course, there is some bias for me as Ruddy was only ever a loanee, while Randolph was one of us.