2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Randolph is much better imo, ruddy was in goals for the 6-6 game and I don't even remember him making a save all match plus letting Colin pish score 3 was never any good too

Although the goals that Graeme Smith let in to Hibs goal were criminal ( Juke's one apart)

Randolph is much better imo, ruddy was in goals for the 6-6 game and I don't even remember him making a save all match plus letting Colin pish score 3 was never any good too

I just watched the highlights. Hibs scored 3 from about 3 yards out, Nish sidefooted 2 in from 8 yards and Riordan scored after Coke passed him the ball on the edge of our box leaving Ruddy no chance.

I do agree Randolph was better, haven't seen enough of them to compare recently. Ruddy was far more prone to a clanger, Darren was a bit weak on long range shots.

I see Faddy has been released by St Johnstone, would anybody have him back ?

Nah. Sadly he's pretty much done, and we parted company at the right time with him having kept his word to come back and play with us again before he retired.

I see Faddy has been released by St Johnstone, would anybody have him back ?

Probably not, doesn't seem to have it anymore. If we end up in first division a case for him as an experienced player around some younger heads if he willing to play for pretty much buttons and love of the game?

Probably not, doesn't seem to have it anymore. If we end up in first division a case for him as an experienced player around some younger heads if he willing to play for pretty much buttons and love of the game?

Aye, this.

If the worst happens and we go down then in that scenario I would like to see him back as well but only if the cash was right. Dropping a level might suit him, but if we stay up then not for me, he can't hack it at the top level anymore.

If the worst happens and we go down then in that scenario I would like to see him back as well but only if the cash was right. Dropping a level might suit him, but if we stay up then not for me, he can't hack it at the top level anymore.

Not much difference between most of the top level and most of the level below it.

If we go down, then Faddy could be a good signing. Depends if he can get himself fit enough. I would definitely offer him training facilities with a view to a deal. Would also depend on the terms but how many other clubs would be looking at him?

Sadly think he may not be able to meet the fitness level though.

Legend at the Ark though, so should always be welcomed back, even if it is just as a spectator.

That level will widen again after next season when all the city clubs are up.

You'll have Falkirk, QoS, St. Mirren, Hibs and Motherwell or Rangers just for a start. So 50% good enough for the Premiership.

Then you have clubs a little bit below that like Raith Rovers, maybe Morton and Livingston ended the season strongly.

Only really lower level clubs will be Dumbarton (minus Murray) and Alloa.

With regards to McFadden, it's a no from me. Like everyone else that calls themselves a Motherwell fan, I love the guy, but his career is almost at a grinding halt now. He no longer seems capable of producing at the level we require. If we are to drop down to the Championship, it's still a no. We are going to be fighting it out with some half decent teams that won't be a kick in the arse off the bottom half of the Premiership.

If we drop a division and he can prove his fitness then think he would be a useful addition, assuming financially it isnt going to cost us too much.

Part of the problem we are in just now is because we have neglected youth and extended contracts to over the hill experienced players. It's hard to accept having lasley and Mcmanus next season in the championship, never mind throwing a completely done McFadden in to the squad as well.
  • Like 1

Part of the problem we are in just now is because we have neglected youth and extended contracts to over the hill experienced players. It's hard to accept having lasley and Mcmanus next season in the championship, never mind throwing a completely done McFadden in to the squad as well.

I agree to an extend but you need to have some experienced players to help the young lads develop. I think you would be surprised by the level of positive impact on our up and coming players having someone like McFadden around.

I agree to an extend but you need to have some experienced players to help the young lads develop. I think you would be surprised by the level of positive impact on our up and coming players having someone like McFadden around.

I agree if his wages weren't too much players like Thomas/Johnson would benefit from training with him everyday.

From reading what Tommy Wright had to say, i think St Johnstone benefited more from Faddy off the park than on it. I agree having him in some sort of coaching role would be great - does anyone know if he is doing his badges?