2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Dont like the product and are that fed up.....take a season or 2 out...simples

I've missed more games this season than I probably did in the 6 seasons before hand.

If we start next season with a manager who got us relegated and won only 1 or 2 of the final 8 games I don't see myself going to many more.

I've missed more games this season than I probably did in the 6 seasons before hand.

If we start next season with a manager who got us relegated and won only 1 or 2 of the final 8 games I don't see myself going to many more.

He won 4, drew 2 and lost 3 of his last 9.

Nothing that Steelboy has said is particularly outlandish. We are in ever increasing debt to man that expects the fans to pay him back, something the Well Society will never be able to do. He has taken upon securities(played a blinder) which he will almost certainly inherit.

We have a manager who may relegate us, who has fallen out with several players, who's signings have been in the main incredibly poor which further questions his ability to spot a player(something we are relying heavily upon). His resigning of Law isn't a great indicator of where we are going, he is a distinctly average player, questions remain whether he is good enough for this level and certainly, we could have found better, perhaps within our own ranks.

He won 4, drew 2 and lost 3 of his last 9.

True but so is this. We have won 1 of the last 6, all against bottom 6 clubs in a relegation battle.

Baraclough needs to get us through this play off to win over any waverers.

True but so is this. We have won 1 of the last 6, all against bottom 6 clubs in a relegation battle.

That's a horrendous stat, and one which only serves to remind us how we should prepare for the worst over the next few days.

Playing Law at right-back was clearly a last resort and he played better than I expected but I didn't understand why we were rewarding Watt with a long contract and then not giving him an opportunity to prove himself. All the talk was about promoting the youth and we had a right back who had earned his place in my opinion. Watching him against Plastic Whistle confirmed my thoughts. He played well and would get even better with more opportunities. Law is not a right back and is not good enough to be anywhere in the midfield.

Playing Law at right-back was clearly a last resort and he played better than I expected but I didn't understand why we were rewarding Watt with a long contract and then not giving him an opportunity to prove himself. All the talk was about promoting the youth and we had a right back who had earned his place in my opinion. Watching him against Plastic Whistle confirmed my thoughts. He played well and would get even better with more opportunities. Law is not a right back and is not good enough to be anywhere in the midfield.

I disagree with law getting 2 years but watts distribution will need to improve if he's to become a regular in our team next season. He's reasonably comfortable defending but all he done first half against thistle was chip the same ball down the touchline which booth collected time after time. Watt is a better defender law better with the ball at his feet. Think watts future could be at centre half.

You can't go into a season with these youth players like Watt in starting berths. They have to fight for, win and then keep their place in the team. What I disagree with is not giving them a chance when form or opportunities demand but I don't think we can afford to just say to a prospect - here's a berth in the team it's yours, let's see how you do for the next two years.

Given a fair crack at the whip, the good prospect will break through.

It's easier to do on paper than in reality but we should have a hierarchy of players in each position going down the ranks. If one player is injured or out of form, the next guy steps up. However I think we need the first XI to be mostly experienced players or guys that have previously broken through and won their position.

I agree wholeheartedly regarding the legal(?) theft of Well Society monies. The donations were provided by supporters on the basis of providing short term funding to MFC, to be repaid at the earliest opportunity. I specifically asked this question when the Society was launched and was assured Well Society funds would be ringfenced and therefore protected no matter what route the Club took. I do not recall being asked if I had any objection to the new model involving my donation potentially being lost forever,

However to say Hutchison does not have a clue is just wrong and to launch a personal attack on possibly our most consistent player this season is also wrong. Law gave 100% despite his obvious limitations which is more than can be said of some. I share your anger at the sad state Motherwell were mismanaged into but can I suggest the focus of your rage should be the previous Board, including Dempster, and the Management team who so poorly prepared the squad for this season.

Hutchison may not be the diehard Motherwell fan we all hoped for, but at least he is trying to right the ship and behind the scenes at least we appear to be making progress and planning long term. Unfortunately the shambles McCall and Black left on the playing side will take longer to fix. It is encouraging to see all but one of the best youngsters already signed up and the signing of Law suggests contract discussions are ongoing with others

• Like 3

What gets me is that folk are trying to deal in absolutes, we changed manager therefore everything must be ship shape immediately on and off the park, like flicking a switch, there's a process and it might never be complete but we're improving things from what they were

• Like 4

Not convinced at all with Baraclough to be honest, but we have to remember he came into a shit storm left by a 'couldn't give a fuck' McCall and a very questionable behind the scenes setup. The introduction of the new owners seems to be addressing this. I say give them both the summer and see what happens. There is no point throwing the toys out the pram if we get relegated - better to keep a level of stability.

The only re-signing I would 100% be apalled at would be Straker. That would make me consider life in general.

As for Law, like I said I am fine with the deal. I don't think he will be automatic first choice and we need to have a squad to challenge each other. I think he will continue to improve also. If he can improve his positioning a little and be given licence to get forward and overlap (2 assists this year by doing that) he could be very effective.

It will be interesting to see the team come next season that for sure.

Think Law is a decent utility player, and has been one of our better/best players since January.

On hutcheson, I'm pretty impressed with the stuff going on behind the scenes, and the longer term plans. In the scottish football world of short term thinking, it's a breath of fresh air.

I'm not sure about plan B, and he certainly comes across arrogant, and perhaps has unrealistic expectations on how we are willing and able to support the club financially, BUT it appears to be well intentioned, and he appears to be doing all the right things behind the scenes to give us the best chance of success on the park.

(In years gone by, Sunday would've been £20 a ticket, and Rangers given 6000, just as an example of our change in approach)

I think the fact that there's a Plan A is a huge improvement on the survival mode we've been in.

Sadly, surviving by finishing second every season just isn't going to happen.

It's a process that is ongoing and will take time to develop. Signings need to be made to help bring on the home grown youngsters .

The fitness and physio guys are probably the best value signings of all.

I think the fact that there's a Plan A is a huge improvement on the survival mode we've been in.

Sadly, surviving by finishing second every season just isn't going to happen.

It's a process that is ongoing and will take time to develop. Signings need to be made to help bring on the home grown youngsters .

The fitness and physio guys are probably the best value signings of all.

Yes, our poor preparation and lack of fitness at the start of this season was a disgrace!

For starters that won't be allowed to happen again.

Lee Erwin looks set to leave for nominal compensation, like Murphy, not too mention some of the gems we've unearthed over the last 5-6 years that have left for nothing. Again, we're trying to stop this continuing.

Running the club more like a business, being more professional, making better use of our facilities....

These all seem positive to me.

A million is a trivial amount if your wife is a billionaire. His plan is to have a net investment of effectively zero over five years. If that doesn't work he owns an asset that I've been told numerous times by directors is worth no less than 2.5m.

Boyle couldn't find anyone because running a club is difficult, takes a lot of time and isn't likely to make a profit. Hutchison is married to a billionaire, he is clearly an exceptional case.

Personally I'm not that bothered what happens any more, the mismanagement of the club over the past 12 months and the unilateral changing of the well society model have made me take a few steps back. Seeing the enthusiasm of everyone at Fir Park on Monday brought a bit of the old spark back but the prospect of Barraclough remaining in place regardless of the results this week is a reminder that our problems go far beyond the recent poor results.

If there are fans who are glad to have Josh Law to the next two years and aren't offended by being asked to prove they want Motherwell to exist by a tax exile who can't name a single favourite Motherwell supporting moment that's fair enough but I think it's sad we've got to this point.

What a lot of shite , worst post iv read for ages. What is it you do again? Im sure multi millionaire Les would take your sound advice