2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

No, because it will be an out of contract signing. We will only get a development fee...not a transfer fee.

At the Well Society Q&A it was said that because of the Development Fee situation, the rules say we get a small % of every subsequent transfer too.

Yes but Erwin is 21 a bit raw and with his best years ahead of him if he keeps developing, by no means had a stellar season but certainly an ecouraging one. Best situation would be keeping both as McDonald still has plenty to offer and with a bundle of experience I think you can already see he's made a difference to Erwin. Erwin is a player that could be sold for substantial money where as no chance of that with McDonald and we need to bring through players that can provide a return.

Meh. Erwin has had a decent season in my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Paul Quinn play-a-like? Should be spending our efforts on keeping McDonald over Erwin (not that it'll happen probably)

Ironically Erwin's cash will help with the club's fines. He could do us a turn if he stayed but I think he's benefited from Skippy's presence and I assume Skip will depart. £300k and Leeds sounds like the likely outcome.

Should we re-sign Sutty? Big Marv could offer assists galore. Craig Moore looks like another in the mould of Coakley and Mc Hugh , not making the necessary step up .

Questions questions..

Renewed our Season Tickets today and persuaded my mate to return to the fold, good day all round really

Edited by BigWeegieDosser

That's a very good point and something I said yesterday. Full team look fitter and stronger.

Among other things, that may be down to the new yoga classes that the management team brought into play (and which caused a fair few laughs among some of our support).

Whilst Yoga may not be a pastime of many in North Lanarkshire, it can't be denied that the people who practice it are in phenomenal shape usually, especially if they're actually athletes.

Link is on the shoutbox. But posting here as not everyone can see shoutbox on phone / tablets etc

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/06/02/squad-update-june-2015/

Following the conclusion to the SPFL season, the club can announce the following squad updates for summer 2015.

The following players have been offered extended contracts at the club:

• Lionel Ainsworth

• John Sutton

• Lee Erwin

The following players have been allowed to leave the club following the expiry of their contracts:

• Stuart Carswell

• Simon Ramsden

• Paul Lawson

• Iain Vigurs

• Bob McHugh

• Zaine Francis-Angol

• Fraser Kerr

• Ross Stewart

The following short-term arrivals / loans have also left the club:

• George Long

• Mark O’Brien

• Anthony Straker

• Louis Laing

• Nathan Thomas

• Conor Grant

• Scott McDonald

‘Well boss Ian Baraclough said: “I would first and foremost like to take the time to sincerely thank each and every player who is leaving the club for all their hard work and endeavor.

“Guys such as Bob McHugh, Stuart Carswell and Ross Stewart have been Motherwell players for a significant amount of time and deserve particular recognition for their length of service. Simon Ramsden, Fraser Kerr and Zaine Francis-Angol have been at the football club during an almost unprecedented period of success and played their parts, as did Paul Lawson and Iain Vigurs.

“We wish each and every single player leaving the club all the very best with their future careers. However, I feel we need a freshness in the squad and that’s my role over the summer.

“Some of the lads who arrived during January / February certainly impressed and aided in our league survival, and we would be keen to keep them on. However, we still need to have a conversation with either the individuals or their parent clubs to see what is possible.

“We have or will also offer extensions to Lionel Ainsworth, John Sutton and Lee Erwin for next season. That process has begun and we hope they will stay, but face completion for all three. We will offer them the very best we can though and hope they see themselves fitting into the way we want to play in 2015/16 and beyond.”

Where was this?

I'm sure I read somewhere - either on here or Twitter - that words from his mouth at the 'Well sponsors dinner were that Sheffield United were extending his contract then sending him back to us for the season.

Edit - Sheffield United sacked their manager just as season finished so may be something to consider