2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Cummins also tweeted about a "sour taste" about "not being given a fair crack at the whip". Disappointing that these guys feel the need to make such comments, in the case of Cummins he never really performed to an acceptable standard both with us and when he was out on loan at lower levels so dont see how he can complain tbh.

Cummins also tweeted about a "sour taste" about "not being given a fair crack at the whip". Disappointing that these guys feel the need to make such comments, in the case of Cummins he never really performed to an acceptable standard both with us and when he was out on loan at lower levels so dont see how he can complain tbh.

agreed cummins just isn't good enough at this level

I would've maybe kept Kerr and/Ramsden as back up. The rest of the players being released, to be fair, have been around the club during what has mostly been hugely successful times but for one reason or another, pretty much all have contributed absolutely zero this season.

We have to offer Laing a deal, looks right good IMO

Keep seeing folk saying this, and my old man agrees, but I just can't see it. Happily proven wrong, but what do people see in him? I see mistakes, mainly. Doing too much with the ball when the clearance is simpler, and poor awareness.

Not rated by dundee fans either. only made 15 appearances at 3 loan clubs in lower leagues which says it all tbh.

Can't head a ball, which seems a bit of a drawback for a centre half. I'm a bit shite at heading the ball as a centre half, but I play in a student Sunday League team, so, yknow.

Not surprised by list of players being let go.

What the fuck happened to Nathan Thomas, I forgot he even existed until right now. Does anyone know Conor Grant's Scotland situation at Everton? I'd be inclined to take him back on loan for next season if that was an option, looks like he could useful in the middle of the park, very good with the ball at his feet.

Thought Kerr always done OK when played in his favoured position, not RM. He's the only one I would have possibly kept around.

ZFA is another who never quite reached his potential after promising start with us. Better option than Straker for me.

With the amount going, plus question marks over a few others, think it will be an eventful summer for us with 5 or 6 new arrivals.

Would love to keep Skippy, but very much doubt it. Grant would be good to get back on loan, and wouldn't be against a move for Laing. Long was apparently heading back as part of his contract extension, but new manager there so plans may change on that front - which wouldn't be a bad thing in my eyes.

Would love Ainsworth and Erwin to stay, but think both will be off. Glad big handsome has been offered new deal and expect him to stay. Proven goalscorer and predict Marvin will set him up for a good few next year.

Not surprised by list of players being let go.

What the fuck happened to Nathan Thomas, I forgot he even existed until right now.

Was the Thomas story not something about off-the-park issues? I thought we basically ditched him a few weeks ago.

I don't have more. I thought I had read it on here somewhere.

Aye, that's why I was wondering if we'd had clarification.

Saw on Twitter, there, the official line is 'It didn't work out' but I had heard about attitude problems and him just being told not to darken our doorstep again.

Was advised about 6 weeks ago how Carswell & Moore had fallen out with Barraclough.

Believe similar to Cummins, dont feel they where given a chance and weren't enamoured with his style, differing opinions etc etc.

Sounds a wee bit like a boys club mentality where a few of the lads have enjoyed a cushty wee number under McCall, even although they weren't playing, and have been put out by a new gaffer with a different style, probably expecting a lot more hard work from his players.

Would certainly go a little towards explaining the complete shambles of a team mentality left behind by McCall.

• Like 1

I got the impression we signed Nathan Thomas while we were unsure about capturing Big Marv, only room for so many rapid left wingers. Marv was en route to sign for another club when we finally got him. Just wasn't meant to be for Thomas

Big list of departures posted on Club site, in the cold light of day I would struggle to argue with it though

Skippy would be a coup , but a blind man could see how much he has to offer and the list of clubs able to offer him a bigger payday must be considerable

Erwin's head will be turned by English riches, Handsome John has his detractors but delivers goals consistently and will have better service than he had for most of the season. Ainsworth, an enigma, a steal if he knuckles down but is a risk.

On the Mohsni stramash , Erwin s yellow, Kerr's one game ban , Ainsworth and Moores accepted 2 game ban - seems to be about right to me

The pitch invasion and Orc bating will be dealt with by a much bigger stick I fear though.