2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Probably no chance of it happening BUT if Haris Vuckic was up for loan again next season and Newcastle wanted him at a higher level than Championship, would we take him??

I for one would have him in our squad, jsut imagine how that would go down at Ibrox....

I'd take him, but I couldn't give less of a crap how anything we do goes down at Ibrox.

• Like 4

Tbh as much as I am a Vigurs fan, I think Vukic would be a similar player in that you would have to build your team around him, all left footed and not defensive minded. Also has that languid style which would split fans again and I can't be arsed with that all over so on that basis, it's a no from me.

• Like 1

Vuckic is a one-trick-pony....head to the corner of the box, cut inside and try to bend it in the far corner. Tries it 9 or 10 times per-game, and he's not very good at it.

In regards to Laing, I really like him. Run of games could see him developing a really good partnership, and as said a few posts back we need to accept our position as a club as far as signings go. We are the club that players come to, to spend a couple of seasons trying to straighten out the mistakes and inconsistencies in their game, so they can move up a level. We should be the footballing equivalent of a preparatory school.

Sure that means they will have their up's and downs and will drop us some points here and there as we are the ones that are getting those mistakes... but as long as they come in a package with genuine potential and ability then we have to be happy with that, and that's what our scouting network will be working hard to ensure. (Hopefully).

Sorry but anyone who doesn't think Vuckic would be a good signing is talking shite in my opinion.Rangers would've struggled to even be in the playoffs if it wasn't for him and he'd walk into every SPFL side other than Celtic.He was one of their better players in both games against us and i'd fully expect him to easily get into double figures for goals and assists, there's no chance we're signing him though unless Newcastle are going to pay 90% of his wages.

Vuckic looked decent at times in the league for Sevco but, unsurprisingly, didn't have the quality to step up to the level of facing an SPL club in the play-offs (and a pretty poor one at that, given our season and league position). As Al B suggests, he seems a very easy player to read and defenders at our level sussed him out relatively easily as a result.

Not for me.

Was being linked with Olympiakos prior to the playoffs. So he will be headed for pastures far greater than FP. Not to mention his International manager doesn't seem too keen on him playing in Scotland.

• Like 1

One of the finest sights in football is seeing the Hump knock the ball past the opposing full back, then turning on the burners. Normally followed shortly afterwards by him making an arse of the cross but, hey...

Heard today ainsworth is moving down south to London

Considering how unsettled Ainsworth's career has been thus far I'd be very surprised if he decides to move from a club where's he's actually looking like he's settling in. Unless there are non-footballing reasons for the move, of course.

Considering how unsettled Ainsworth's career has been thus far I'd be very surprised if he decides to move from a club where's he's actually looking like he's settling in. Unless there are non-footballing reasons for the move, of course.

He had a very young child in his arms in the post-game lap of honour on Sunday. Could be a reason for wanting to head closer to home. He would be a big miss if he were to leave, but he certainly put himself in the shop window with his goals against Rangers.

He had a very young child in his arms in the post-game lap of honour on Sunday. Could be a reason for wanting to head closer to home. He would be a big miss if he were to leave, but he certainly put himself in the shop window with his goals against Rangers.

If he goes, he will be the hardest player to replace this year. Pacey wingers, who get as many goals and assists as him, plus have the ability to strike a 30 yarder do not grow on trees, especially with our budget.

Players generally talk a lot of shite at end of contract time.

EG Higdon saying he would stay if McCall did.

Anything a player indicates in the aftermath of the final game of the season can be largely ignored.