2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

He didn't really kick on until the last 6 months or so, so a bit late for any international reckoning in the last few squads. However if he can continue the way he is, and if he indeed does move up a division, then it's a certainty IMO.

"I think it was just down to wear and tear after training on Astroturf since I was young but it's all sorted now and I feel fine now."

Another argument against artificial pitches?

I noticed yesterday that the Accies pitch is currently being dug up. It's only a year old, maybe these things only have a short shelf life.

He didn't really kick on until the last 6 months or so, so a bit late for any international reckoning in the last few squads. However if he can continue the way he is, and if he indeed does move up a division, then it's a certainty IMO.

I wonder if we have a bonus linked to number of appearances? I just noticed on soccerbase he had 58(!) first team outings last season.

I wonder if we have a bonus linked to number of appearances? I just noticed on soccerbase he had 58(!) first team outings last season.

It's heavy going in the lower leagues in England! 46 game season, potentially play offs and 3 cups. Wigan had Europe too a couple of years back!!

These artificial pitches are always sold publicly as being state of the art and marvellous but players and management constantly gripe about them. From what I've seen of the NDP pitch it just wasn't good and the ball was bouncing unpredictably. If it was all it was cracked up to be why replace it?

On TV, at least, NDP surface actually looked brown in places. And like you say, the bounce was erratic to say the least.

I understand the usefulness of them when it comes to renting them out every day of the week, but yet to be convinced of their place in the professional game.

Don't they use them a lot in MLS?

I don't watch much MLS, but in general, American Football and Baseball pitches that aren't in a dome all use grass. A few tried artificial turf, but gave up on it. New York FC, for example, plays at Yankee Stadium and that is 100% grass.

I've seen a few games that I quite enjoyed but I watched the MLS Final or whatever it's called last season and it was without doubt one of the worst games o have ever witnessed. The quality was appalling.

Strachan more or less said he wasn't playing at a high enough level in League 1.