2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Frazzie you'll have the happy clappers annoyed with that correct assessment of Barraclough. In reply to the abuse i've received about Ferguson he is clearly not good enough and that's all i posted. In my opinion he is not anywhere near SPL class and as a left back???? If im proved wrong i'll be delighted to come on and say so like i did with Higdon. But if im right like i was with Kerr, Carswell, Twardzik, Lawson, Forbes, Cummings, Steven Saunders that i got abuse for who is also crap then i'll keep posting my honest and usually near enough correct views of our players.

Throw enough shite and some of it will stick I suppose.

I am pretty sure Ferguson is a centre back and was just chucked into left back to help out. will give him more than 5/6 appearances in the correct position before deciding.

Said from the start that we will see 10 new faces. We have 1 (17 have left). We did have a bloated squad so the reduction doesn't pose any danger.

All that we need now is

Goalkeeper X 1

Centre Half X 2

Right Winger (Should Ainsworth leave) X 1

Centre Midfielder X 1

Attacking Midfielder X 1

Striker (Should Sutton leave) X 3

That would leave a sub bench next season of:

Twardzik

Watt

Leitch

Thomas

Moore

Plus, I would think, Cadden, Hall, Mackin and Ferguson may feature given they have all signed new contracts after being in the U20s.

Frazzie you'll have the happy clappers annoyed with that correct assessment of Barraclough. In reply to the abuse i've received about Ferguson he is clearly not good enough and that's all i posted. In my opinion he is not anywhere near SPL class and as a left back???? If im proved wrong i'll be delighted to come on and say so like i did with Higdon. But if im right like i was with Kerr, Carswell, Twardzik, Lawson, Forbes, Cummings, Steven Saunders that i got abuse for who is also crap then i'll keep posting my honest and usually near enough correct views of our players.

Well done you.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.(© I from With nail and I)

If im proved wrong i'll be delighted to come on and say so like i did with Higdon. But if im right like i was with Kerr, Carswell, Twardzik, Lawson, Forbes, Cummings, Steven Saunders that i got abuse for who is also crap then i'll keep posting my honest and usually near enough correct views of our players.

Ever thought about a scouting career?

• Like 1

This pre-season is crucial for Baracloughs ongoing employment as far as I'm concerned. His plethora of signings were a mixed bag, ranging quite literally from the sublime to the ridiculous, and performances during his tenure thus far have been exactly the same. Jury is out.

Isn't that the case for all managers?

His signings in January were somewhat imposed on him. They had to come into to a malaise filled dressing room and hit the ground running. Always tougher for the defenders to accomplish.

I suspect Flow was the driving force behind Pearson and McDonald.

Marvin was an undoubted success as his fitness improved. Laing came onto a game as understanding with McManus increased over time and Connor Grant certainly has something about him. As for the keeper, rollercoaster showed he was a bit of a confidence player, a few errors results in him being a 50-50.

Straker and Thomas who I suspect were very much on the radar of Baraclough and/or the new head of scouting were failures, but to be fair one was always going back to his club and the other we took a cheap punt on and it didn't work out.

This summer will be interesting and I'm very optimistic to see what he can do with his players playing his system, which if any of you recall was a high pressing game that relied on high levels of fitness.

Isn't that the case for all managers?

His signings in January were somewhat imposed on him. They had to come into to a malaise filled dressing room and hit the ground running. Always tougher for the defenders to accomplish.

I suspect Flow was the driving force behind Pearson and McDonald.

Marvin was an undoubted success as his fitness improved. Laing came onto a game as understanding with McManus increased over time and Connor Grant certainly has something about him. As for the keeper, rollercoaster showed he was a bit of a confidence player, a few errors results in him being a 50-50.

Straker and Thomas who I suspect were very much on the radar of Baraclough and/or the new head of scouting were failures, but to be fair one was always going back to his club and the other we took a cheap punt on and it didn't work out.

This summer will be interesting and I'm very optimistic to see what he can do with his players playing his system, which if any of you recall was a high pressing game that relied on high levels of fitness.

It is the same for all managers, but usually after eight signings I have a better idea of whether I rate them or not. Having said that, other than Gannon and Kampman, eight signings would find them much further into their tenure. Don't take my post as negative on Baraclough- when I say the Jury's out I mean it. Pumpings dished out to Killie, St Mirren & Accies aswell as the playoff were great, but January was the worst month of football Motherwell have produced in my life and even more recently his teams failed to win several winnable "must win" games through absolute ineptitude. We shall see.

Adam Campbell released by Newcastle. Liked the look of him in pre season a couple years back when we played them. Does not seem to have kicked on since then though. Can play either wing and up top. Only 20.

Seems to have been dropping down to progressively worse levels since leaving St Mirren. Can imagine he's the type that will be on our radar though.

Johnson certainly has potential but anyone thinking he's worth half a million....well, I think they run tests before they give you the authority to spend that sort of money!

Would be surprised if we make any money on Johnson as experience shows we rarely if ever sell an Englishman back to the English leagues. Any money we make generally comes from our own youth development.

Can anyone actually think of an English player we have brought up here and then sold for money? I can't but it is 6.51am.

Johnson certainly has potential but anyone thinking he's worth half a million....well, I think they run tests before they give you the authority to spend that sort of money!

Would be surprised if we make any money on Johnson as experience shows we rarely if ever sell an Englishman back to the English leagues. Any money we make generally comes from our own youth development.

Can anyone actually think of an English player we have brought up here and then sold for money? I can't but it is 6.51am.

Chris Porter...

He won't upset the happy clappers as he gave a generally accurate and reasoned explanation of why he believes it to be so.

What he didn't, as you so often do and is partially why your opinion is often given little credence, is label a player CRAP or PANTS after seeing them for about five minutes. The fact you can't even spell the names of half the players right that you are routinely dismissing (Vigours) hardly ehances your views.

If Motherwell managers adopted the same methodology as you do the likes of Phil O'Donnell might have been binned for being destroyed on his debut. Slow burners like Arnott, Martin and Corrigan would never have had the chance to develop into the excellent stalwarts they were for our club.

• Like 11

Read a post there that David Ferguson has signed a new deal? Is that the boy who played left back against Caley at home last season when we got gubbed 2-0 and he was sheehite. :suicide:

Not a game on which to judge him. The lad is a right back who can play centre back and played left back as there was almost, but not quite, no-one else. In the games he played he looked nervous and wasn't great but over the piece didn't do too badly. Someone else on here wrote that Stuart McCall hung him out to dry and thats an accurate assessment.

The time to judge him is when he's played a fair few games in his natural position. Over the years we've seen far more experienced players play poorly when asked to play outwith their comfort zone (Keith Lasley left wing; Steve Hammell midfield; John Sutton wide left midfield).

• Like 1

Another day and more pish posted, you never give up do you. IB achieved all that was asked of him since he took over, ie he kept us up. So just you keep searching for the odd post here or there that you think justifies the shite you post, the rest of us will will judge IB on his record, a new season and a new challenge.

Sutton story is in The Sun.

He will probably be guaranteed a start at St J. Something I would imagine Bara would not guarantee him given the amount of time he spent on the bench under him.

I am not a huge fan so won't be that fussed. However, I do realise he prob guarantees at least 10/12 goals a year inc penalties. So, hopefully we can fill the gap with a super duper new signing!

If Sutton is choosing to sign for another SPL club like St Johnstone, I figure first team football is a factor. Even with Erwin away, can anyone see Sutton being first pick the way Baraclough wants us to play?

If he goes, he goes with nothing but my best wishes...

This frees a big wage for a decent replacement. Would love Higdon to come back but dont think he will be what we are looking for. Needs to be a proven goalscorer at a decent level.

Now its gonna get exciting seeing the names we are linked with. Clarkson can do one though, not interested.

Where did this former player coming back rumour surface from by the way?