2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Mixed emotions about Sutton leaving. Obviously an excellent scoring record with us but was capable of very little else.

Wonder why he chose St Johnstone over us? Length of contract? Guaranteed starting every week?

Best of luck to him, except against us!

He sure was handsome.

Sad to see Sutton go. We have to remember he hit double figures again this season while playing in a pretty shite side.

I think he has moved as he would have been on the bench here at Motherwell and used as an impact sub. It might be that St Johnstone want to build the team round him??

OK so now the 3 players we have offered deals to 2 have moved away and one still undecided so when will we start to announce new signings?

Well, we have one new signing and one re-signing already. But most players and agents are away on holiday this time in June and decisions don't start getting made until after that.

Shame Sutton has left. I was a critic of his style of play but as a professional, a person and a goal scorer you cannot deny the quality he had.

Difficult to replace the goals but not difficult to replace the player.

All the best to him but we move on.

Apparently a very good pro and a leader in the dressing room. A loss on that front.

As others have said, the last six months have probably made it clear to him that he was unlikely to be a starter under Baraclough so probably best for him he moved on.

Approximately 170 games for Motherwell, around 70 goals. Not too shabby..

OK so now the 3 players we have offered deals to 2 have moved away and one still undecided so when will we start to announce new signings?

I think we are still waiting on McD and Ainsworth?

Best of luck to Sutton, cursed in the modern game by the fact he can't play up top by himself. In a way his last season with us was his best - his first touch of the ball scoring antics from the bench were brilliant, as was his body language and general demeanour despite losing his place. Total pro.

Apparently a very good pro and a leader in the dressing room. A loss on that front.

As others have said, the last six months have probably made it clear to him that he was unlikely to be a starter under Baraclough so probably best for him he moved on.

Approximately 170 games for Motherwell, around 70 goals. Not too shabby..

Yeah you can imagine that. One of the only players to look reasonably fit at the start of the season so clearly showed some professional pride in that aspect.

No denying he will be a loss but if he plays like he did first 4 months of the season for St Johnstone then I won't be too afraid.

Pat Quinn

Ian St. John

Willie Pettigrew

Dixie Deans

Wilson Humphreys

Five of the greatest players to ever play for Motherwell Football Club. And the only five post war players to score more goals for us than John Sutton.

That's how big a gap Sutton is going to leave

• Like 2

Pat Quinn

Ian St. John

Willie Pettigrew

Dixie Deans

Wilson Humphreys

Five of the greatest players to ever play for Motherwell Football Club. And the only five post war players to score more goals for us than John Sutton.

That's how big a gap Sutton is going to leave

Do you have someone to sit with you tonight!!! I appreciate you will be an emotional mess. :-)

#prayforyabezzer

• Like 3