2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Do we actually have a transfer budget to spend?

Probably not a huge one but it seems we bid a small amount for the Irish striker we missed out on. So, probably have cash along the same lines as Johnson (I.e. We will pay if we think we can turn a profit)

• Like 1

Probably not a huge one but it seems we bid a small amount for the Irish striker we missed out on. So, probably have cash along the same lines as Johnson (I.e. We will pay if we think we can turn a profit)

I suppose that's a sensible way to go about it, would like to see us hold onto Marv for a little bit longer than this summer though.

I will miss big John Sutton - a loyal, hard working striker who has served us incredibly well over the years - and one who clearly enjoyed himself whilst doing it. Genuinely sorry too see him go... and certainly not looking forward to seeing him line up against us :(

His replacement will have big shoes to fill.

when do the players return for pre-season? - we all know motherwell do their deals on the hush now so we just have to be patient

no one should be panicking that we haven't signed loads of players as of yet - that is just plain stupidity

i'm guessing the players we are after probably have multiple suitors - players are not going to make an instant decision, they will mull it over and decide what suits them best

if we get to 1 week before the season starts and we've still not signed anyone else - then you can hit the panic button

I wouldn't be surprised if we go into the season a few players light, leading to an end of August rush. It's the way of the market.

Just wouldn't want to go picking up injuries again if that ends up being the case. We were short at the back at the start of last season...

I'm usually fairly relaxed about about summer transfer window business. I'd rather we held off a little longer and got targets we were after than signing early just to have them together for the start of pre-season. We've done well on occasion by holding our fire and getting some good quality in later on in the window in the past be it permanent or loan deals.

That said with the volume of players that are required this time if we could manage to marry quality with timing and get our targets in sharpish it would certainly be beneficial, particularly when it comes to our currently threadbare forward line. The longer we give our new strike force to form their partnership and develop their understanding the better.

Put this in the shoutbox, too.

Wee interview with 'Flow with regards to players coming and going.

http://www.clyde1.com/sport/news/listen-alan-burrows-on-play-off-problems/#.VYFr0dFIvc8.twitter

Ended by chatting about Rangers....... Yawn.

Good interview other than that and I appreciate the connection to Motherwell but being nit picky I hated it ended on that club yet again. Sick of hearing about them.

Yes, it seems the new owner is on board with spending relatively small amounts of money on prospects that we can sell on for a profit.

But we should all be under no illusion, if the new owner digs deep to fund any of these, it's added immediately to the growing total we (the club and WS) have to pay him back in 4.5 years time.

He does seem to be a bit of a hybrid between the Ann Budge and Fergus McCann models of rebuilding a club with a decent foundation.

To be honest though, that is fair enough. The only fear for me is that money could be spent that means that we could never dig ourselves out of the hole, but at present nothing I've seen suggests that is a possibility .... so far.

The club should be following a business model to maximise its assets going forward. We can't reply on a rich benefactor safety net in perpetuity.

I'm encouraged by what Flow said about Ainsworth the Clyde interview, even more surprised to hear he listened to the phone-in regularly with all the OF eejits taking up 99% of the airtime. I have a hope and a feeling that our players may start next season as fit as they did when McGhee had them. A player like Ainsworth who, let's be honest, has a questionable worth ethic at times, could be a star in this league if he buckles down and improves his stamina and attitude, his footballing skill and ability is unquestionable.

• Like 1

Going by what was said on the Radio Clyde interview George Long is the primary goalkeeping target.

Not had a chance to listen yet. If he plays morw games like he did against Rangers at Ibrox then I could deal with that. In general though, he didn't offer much more than Twardzik in my opinion.