2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

If this is any reflection of the standard of player we can expect to see arrive this summer then it's going to be another long season.

You mean Chalmers? or Clarkson? Or Ainsworth? Or Dom Thomas (who we tied down on a deal earlier in the season)?

I have no idea how good a signing he'll be, but this forum was full of posters gagging for him to be signed last season.

• Like 2

ANOTHER former player, jesus christ what is it with us and signing former players.

I do think he can do a job as he is a decent player and at the end of the day he plays for the mighty well so lets get behind him and all the players

COYW!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

just another typical day on here. We sign someone and write said player off before he's even had a chance to kick a ball in anger. Lets just trust the managers judgement and see who else we sign please for once!

He's hardly an unknown though is he? There's plenty for folk to base their opinions on.

• Like 1

You mean Chalmers? or Clarkson? Or Ainsworth? Or Dom Thomas (who we tied down on a deal earlier in the season)?

I have no idea how good a signing he'll be, but this forum was full of posters gagging for him to be signed last season.

Clarkson, obviously.

I certainly wasn't one of them.

Ainsworth 2 year deal

I am looking forward to criticising his lack of work ethic, particularly when we are defending and his general all round laziness

Secure in the knowledge that within 2-3 minutes of me starting to moan he normally slaps in a beauty :doh:

Clarkson, obviously.

Right. So your comment about our summer signing policy wasn't really about our summer signing policy at all.

I'm in the "wait and see" camp too. I didn't want Sutton to come back after Higdon left, but he turned out to be a solid signing and I'm happy to admit I was completely wrong on that one.

Clarkson thrived in the attacking set-up McGhee liked to use, so hopefully playing with a couple of wingers will be to his advantage. I'm not ready to write him off yet.

Marvellous the range of opinions on here. Haha.

I think numbers will have a part to play here. I do agree in today's game it does not matter as much but I do think if he was our first choice striker he would have been given the 9. Much like Johnson is now our 11.

• Like 1

Wait a minute. I like Clarky he's been a good servant in the past. But.....He's a Bristol Rovers and Dundee reject. Not happy at all with this signing. We need to be more thoughtfull about who we sign or it's another relegation battle. Even the happy clappers must realise this is a step back to sign a player who wasn't good enough for Dundee. :angry:

Am I just imagining this or did McDonald and Clarkson not get on particularly well during their first period at us?

I know Mcdonald is a petulant prick at the best of times, and may just be a simple case of this.

Wait a minute. I like Clarky he's been a good servant in the past. But.....He's a Bristol Rovers and Dundee reject. Not happy at all with this signing. We need to be more thoughtfull about who we sign or it's another relegation battle. Even the happy clappers must realise this is a step back to sign a player who wasn't good enough for Dundee. :angry:

What, like that guy Twardzik that many on here wanted as our first choice GK last year?

• Like 1

Right. So your comment about our summer signing policy wasn't really about our summer signing policy at all.

I'm in the "wait and see" camp too. I didn't want Sutton to come back after Higdon left, but he turned out to be a solid signing and I'm happy to admit I was completely wrong on that one.

Clarkson thrived in the attacking set-up McGhee liked to use, so hopefully playing with a couple of wingers will be to his advantage. I'm not ready to write him off yet.

I think it was perfectly clear what I was saying. If you disagree with it then that's fair enough.

After all the bluster about our new and improved scouting system and where we are supposed to be going as a club David Clarkson is probably the last player on the planet I was expecting us to sign.

After all the bluster about our new and improved scouting system and where we are supposed to be going as a club David Clarkson is probably the last player on the planet I was expecting us to sign.

Think it depends on what happens with him. If he is our main striker then, yeah, I agree with you. If he is just a squad player, though, then I am happy enough with that. Personally think he'll be a back up and, as such, gives us good depth until another youngster is ready to step up from the reserves. But, yeah, if we are relying on him as the main man then that's worrying.