2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Was unlikely to keep that scintillating goalscoring run going for to long. Certainly from what I seen he looked decent. Clearly not quite as quick as he once was but goals or not thought he looked better at linking play than Sutton.

If he is there for squad depth I think he is a very good signing, as a first pick I have small reservations.

At times he left I thought he was a great player for us, provided goals, assist and a great work rate. If he can be anything like that with added experience great news for us.

Hoping we can add a younger up and coming prospect to provide that sell on factor.

Any other striker who signed at twenty nine years of age then the whole forum would be shouting about a player at his peak. Yes, Clarkson has had major injury problems, but so did his uncle and he produced the best form of his career at Fir Park when he was well into his thirties.

Once again, far too much criticism before even a ball is kicked.

• Like 3

Coming to a Community Club near you - The Boomerang Boys...

I'm all for the return of former players, as long as they are back to bring on young prospects and not pick up one last pre-retirement deal.

Slight caveat here- Stephen Craig and Abel Thermius need not apply

You know, at other clubs if they'd just signed a 29yo striker who'd scored 9 in 19 starts last season, fans would be pretty happy. Didn't see enough of Dundee to know if his form tailed off because the team's did or whether he just struggled but even adding in sub appearances, his goalscoring over the season was better than one in three.

Not the worst signing we could have made...

• Like 1

Wait a minute. I like Clarky he's been a good servant in the past. But.....He's a Bristol Rovers and Dundee reject. Not happy at all with this signing. We need to be more thoughtfull about who we sign or it's another relegation battle. Even the happy clappers must realise this is a step back to sign a player who wasn't good enough for Dundee. :angry:

You are a fucking lunatic.

For what it's worth, I reckon Clarky is a good low risk signing, I doubt he's broke the bank and is undoubtedly a very capable player when he stays fit. Not the most exciting signing but a player worth having if the price is right.

• Like 4

You know, at other clubs if they'd just signed a 29yo striker who'd scored 9 in 19 starts last season, fans would be pretty happy. Didn't see enough of Dundee to know if his form tailed off because the team's did or whether he just struggled but even adding in sub appearances, his goalscoring over the season was better than one in three.

Not the worst signing we could have made...

His record outside one ,admittedly very good, streak was 1 in 16 though.
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, I reckon Clarky is a good low risk signing, I doubt he's broke the bank and is undoubtedly a very capable player when he stays fit. Not the most exciting signing but a player worth having if the price is right.

I second this.

• Like 3

Disagree with the "no tekkers" and the like chat. Clarky has the talent. Give him a chance sure he will prove the doubters wrong.

'You are a fucking lunatic' - made me laugh out there haha.

Absolutely no problem with this. Baraclough has spoken about wanting to ensure that we have some experienced pros to support and guide our younger players through. Clarky is hard working, has a Scotland goal to his name, and can be a good example to the younger lads. He'll also provide another option up front, since we currently have a strike force of Craig Moore on his tod.

I don't for a second think the manager is saying that Clarky will be our main striker, nor is he done with signing forwards. Clarkson can do a job, makes sense to me.