2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Well said Richie. Just waiting on the 'my cousin is York fan and he's gash' statement.

Small thing, looks like he takes penalties. Good sign, since Handsome left.

Of and if you don't start smiling don't blame us for getting called Posh Spice.

Needs to vary his penalties

Every pen featured in that video was to the same spot! Saying that, Richie Foran never varied his pens much! But in a smaller league with less players, keepers will know a players preferred spot!

Mackin will possibly be cover up front as well so that maybe it for forwards at the moment. Good luck to Fletcher. Looks like the type of player we should be signing.

I would expect one more striker to come in - can't see us going with just 2 experienced guys.

How does this option of an extra year deal work? Obviously if he disappoints he'll be out the door but if he bangs in 20+ goals next season and we offer him the extra year, is he obliged to accept or could another team take hom away from us?

• Like 1

How does this option of an extra year deal work? Obviously if he disappoints he'll be out the door but if he bangs in 20+ goals next season and we offer him the extra year, is he obliged to accept or could another team take hom away from us?

If we want him he's ours for another year, if we dont wont him he goes. Simples.

I really can't believe the Clarkson shit. We sol him for £700,000 and people are slating us having him back. Jeezo

Nail. Hit. Head...

Of course, despite us selling him for that fee, he was a player that divided opinion last time round. No reason it should be different this time...

FFS all this negativity and writing off players before they have kicked a ball for the club is getting feckin tiresome and boring now. We could sign Lionel Messi and the usual suspects would be on here moaning and finding issues why it was a bad move. Lets see how Barra prepares the team pre season and judge the signings on how they perform not before.

• Like 1

Nail. Hit. Head...

Of course, despite us selling him for that fee, he was a player that divided opinion last time round. No reason it should be different this time...

Seems like if you've actually scored goals for us people slate you. Clarkson has over 50 goals for us and was a player of the year in previous seasons.

Meanwhile we sign someone no one had ever heard of from the depths of English football and its all "sounds good" and "could have potential!".

I have no idea what kind of player Wes Fletcher is but what about giving Clarkson, who's actually earned it in claret and amber, the same benefit of doubt.

• Like 7

I heard the skippy interview. The general chat was he has a few offers but we'll have been good to him and there's a decent chance he'll sign back up for us. Most of them are abroad. He also said he feels he has unfinished business down south though and he's talking to some people there too. Reading between the lines, if he gets a decent offer at a decent level in England he'll take it. If that doesn't happen we are in with a good shout

When McDonald says he has "unfinished business" down south I'm guessing that he means the business of earning more money, because it's not as if he's going to be joining a side looking to win trophies. He's simply assessing his options before making his decision, which he's perfectly entitled to do.

Saying that, I hope the club have said to him that the offer made has a finite lifespan, because if he's not interested we need to move on and look at other targets.