2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Unfinished business could also mean winning a league title (or a play-off) with a lower league team. Or even just proving a point to his last employer they shouldn't have let him go.

It could, and maybe I'm just being cynical when I believe it's more about seeing what kind of cash is on offer.

Saying that, I hope the club have said to him that the offer made has a finite lifespan, because if he's not interested we need to move on and look at other targets.

Yes, we have to set a deadline and if he doesn't want to re-sign by then we have to move on to other targets.

What's been said??

in a tweet earlier he mentioned there will new signings,new contracts,new strips and more pre season games announced in the coming week.sounds like it's gonna be all go this week.

For all those despairing over the loss of Sutton and the signing of Clarkson, Clarky actually had a far better goals to games and goals to starts ratio last season.

You can't come on using facts to back up your argument.
  • Like 3

No one is despairing FFS just because you disagree, You are allowed an opinion...He isnt the 2nd coming of christ..I will cheer him the moment he walks on the park until he comes off but its ridiculous that you feel like a judas just because you disagree with a signing.

• Like 2

No one is despairing FFS just because you disagree you are allowed an opinion...He isnt the 2nd coming of christ..I will cheer him the moment he walks on the park until he comes off but its ridiculous that you feel like a judas just because you disagree with a signing.

I think reading this thread, despairing is an appropriate word for some reactions. So if you are allowed an opinion, am I not allowed mine if it counters yours?

Considering I didn't even give mine- I think he'll be a decent signing and squad player- like Sutton was latterly last season- but I'd be slightly underwhelmed if he was our first choice.

I think reading this thread, despairing is an appropriate word for some reactions. So if you are allowed an opinion, am I not allowed mine if it counters yours?

Considering I didn't even give mine- I think he'll be a decent signing and squad player- like Sutton was latterly last season- but I'd be slightly underwhelmed if he was our first choice.

I agree wholeheartedly but people calling it "whats this negative shit about Clarkson" "slating players before they have kicked a ball" or "he got us a transfer fee so we should grovel at his feet" type comments...is what I am on about...

Sorry for comparing goalscoring records of two relevant centre forwards on a transfer thread....I'll know better next time.

Is that aimed at me..? Stats mean absolutely nothing..When a team is playing with confidence, in the top half of the table and working as a unit you get more goals, when your team are shit and bottom of the league you score less goals...hardly a great comparison.

Some Twitter chat about Louis moult from wrexham coming to us, but he's a striker so that seems unlikely.

Not really that unlikely. We have lost 3 forwards in sutton, erwin and probably mcdonald. We have brought in clarkson and fletcher so we could be in for one more.

Express reporting we look likely to get Long for another season and hopeful of signing Laing.

This was last week:

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/sport/local-sport/sheffield-united-quartet-thrown-blades-lifeline-1-7327989

I'm kind of in two minds about Long, as he looked like a bombscare in bits, but then was there, and battering Kenny Miller when it mattered.

This was last week:

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/sport/local-sport/sheffield-united-quartet-thrown-blades-lifeline-1-7327989

I'm kind of in two minds about Long, as he looked like a bombscare in bits, but then was there, and battering Kenny Miller when it mattered.

In all fairness to Long, he probably had his 2 best games against Rangers, apart from the goal we conceded at Ibrox.