2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Lets not forget that Laing, Long, Grant etc were in the team for some of our worst performances in recent years.Just because they had a couple of good games at the end of the season doesn't mean they'll be good enough to get us further up the league this time.In my opinion the standard of players we're going for aren't any better than what we had and anything above 11th would be a good season.

Our form after the January transfers bedded in was comfortably mid-table.

• Like 1

And out of all the January folk who came in, I would have said that Laing and Grant were standouts (aside from Marvin of course). For me this season is a completely clean slate even though we're seeing some of the same faces. There's definitely scope for these guys to hit the ground running in that they will be familiar with the club, Bara's coaching methods and the way he wants us to play. It's daft saying that we're no better than we were before when the folk we're looking at are almost completely unknown to us, and will have been signed to align with a totally different philosophy than that which the likes of Sutton/Carswell etc. were asked to play in.

As with any summer window, there's an understandable sense of trepidation with the number of new players we're seeing, but I'm feeling pretty positive about how we're shaping up.

Nice to see some new names in the squad so quick, will be interesting to see if the strikers are any good.

Outstanding shopping list though:-

- Goalkeeper - Long would be OK but there must be better available within our budget

- Centre Half - McManus was great in the play offs but the rest of the season was poor, defo need decent cover if not a replacement

- Centre Mid - Grant would be decent but he is not versatile enough for Bara i think, was hopeless when not in the centre. Las was very inconsistent and Pearo was injury prone, a solid option required.

- Skippy - would be a pleasant luxury bonus signing but not a necessity given the number of attacking options (if Moult signs)

Hopeful of a top 6 finish if we stay clear of the horrendous injuries and reduce the rediculous mistakes significantly of last season

I'll be interested to see if we pursue Grant. Looks to have a bit of quality about him but he'd need to be playing centrally on a regular basis in order to develop.

We certainly need to bring in at least one midfielder who can get about the park and is comfortable on the ball.

Chalmers can play at centre half as can Watt and Ferguson. Would only get another in if room was left in the budget after more important areas like goalkeeper and centre mid are taken care of.

Clarky aside, the four signed (Moult included) would have an average age of 22 and a half. Exactly what was required and very similar to the group Gannon during his summer in charge. Lets hope this crop do us just as well as those did.

Lets not forget that Laing, Long, Grant etc were in the team for some of our worst performances in recent years.Just because they had a couple of good games at the end of the season doesn't mean they'll be good enough to get us further up the league this time.In my opinion the standard of players we're going for aren't any better than what we had and anything above 11th would be a good season.

The teams form towards end of the season was pretty good really,most of the damage happened before we signed most of these players towards end of January.

I would welcome Grant or Long back but I would rather we signed players rather than loan players and develop an other teams player.

Yip , that Sevco team even made McManus look half decent , the rest of the SPFL certainly never though. The bottom 6 performances when it was in our hands and we were playing for our survival were abject , to keep it clean. Id be looking elsewhere for a keeper and centre half.

Im hoping we bring in someone with some leadership skills. Ideally the new boys will bring goals with them and we wont miss McDonalds (5 in 11 according to wiki) we will miss his drive , enthusiasm and confidence to tell the others to get the finger out though when things arent going well , all too often some of them looked as if they couldnt give one last season.

The team we had the first half of the season was the team that had just come off a 2nd place finish - and they were mince and won a grand total of 10 points. After Bara came in we won another 26 points.

I think the gaffer deserves a chance of a full pre-season to work with his signings before we judge. Was also encouraging to hear in his interview they were planning for the January window too.

So, counting on the fact that we are going to sign this Mott fella, then we are still needing the following:

GK x 1

Centre Half x 1

Central Midfielder x 1

Attacking Midfielder / Striker x 1

If we dont, we are looking at another striker required too.

Cover for 1 of the wingers and a right back would be an added bonus.

We were improving as the season went on as the players started to adopt the managements style. You could se the potential in a few games and slipped back a step in others as the lack of confidence reared it's head again. A battering of the 'world's most successful club' and pre season should help us start well.Good things a happening. Looks like a lack of Meh signings to me.

Moult signed. 3 yrs.

So, squad currently looks like

Twardzik

Reid, Law, Watt, Ferguson, McManus, Laing, Chalmers, Hammell

Ainsworth, Cadden, Lasley, Pearson, Johnson, Thomas

Clarkson, Moult, Fletcher, Moore

Depends if Bara is treating Ferguson, Watt and Cadden as first teamers. But, I would think we would be looking at 2 more, 3 max and they need to be a goalie and midfield cover for me. Another centre half and striker would be nice though too.

Like the look of Moult.

Two 3 years deal in consecutive days. Let's hope we're rewarded for this positive change in setup.

I think we'll go on to bring in a Keeper (probably Long), the young Irish boy Foster, back up for centre half, a central midfielder and Skippy.

Moult signed. 3 yrs.

So, squad currently looks like

Twardzik

Reid, Law, Watt, Ferguson, McManus, Laing, Chalmers, Hammell

Ainsworth, Cadden, Lasley, Pearson, Johnson, Thomas

Clarkson, Moult, Fletcher, Moore

Depends if Bara is treating Ferguson, Watt and Cadden as first teamers. But, I would think we would be looking at 2 more, 3 max and they need to be a goalie and midfield cover for me. Another centre half and striker would be nice though too.

Jack leitch not back in the fold?