2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Irrespective of what you think of their abilities, at the end of the season we list Laing, O'Brien, Ramsden, Kerr and Cummins that could all play centre half. We have brought in two, including a player who is primarily a left back.

Centre half seems more of a priority tban anywhere else right now. After that centre midfield. McDonald would be nice but money could be better spent elsewhere...

Irrespective of what you think of their abilities, at the end of the season we list Laing, O'Brien, Ramsden, Kerr and Cummins that could all play centre half. We have brought in two, including a player who is primarily a left back.

Centre half seems more of a priority tban anywhere else right now. After that centre midfield. McDonald would be nice but money could be better spent elsewhere...

O'Brien,Cummins and Ramsden are not a significant loss. Laing shows promise with a little polishing. I would've happily retained Kerr, he had bulked up noticeably and played well at centre half on the small number of occasions he got a start.

Keeper is a number one priority, another centre half with decent experience would help

Midfield playmaker???

Assuming 4 -4-2 then are we only gonna start either Pearson or Lasley, not both. Conor Grant had an impressive youth record, but playing him wide did nothing for anybody. In the final league games and the last of his loan spell he , perhaps understandably, showed no appetite whatsoever for commiting himself to tackles. Not for me thanks

Goalkeeper - yes no argument there for me.

Centre Back - last season we had a choice of 5 (McManus, O'Brien, Laing, Kerr or Ramsden). This year we have a choice of 2 or possibly 3 - one more needed.

Central Midfield - given Las's age and our goals against tally we need another defensive midfielder. I'm not convinced of Jack Leitch.

If we keep going the way we are going Im pretty confident we wont finish bottom 6.

I think 2nd is pushing it at this stage though!

Based on....?

Not meaning to sound so pessimistic but we've signed a couple of conference players, a forward who was released by Dundee, a youth from Celtic and a cb who was part of some shocking defensive performances last season.Not exactly the most exciting signings and looking at what we started last season with we have a far weaker squad now and even with another 2/3 signings it'll be no stronger than what we had last season.Not saying we'll be relegated but a top half finish is pretty optimistic in my opinion.

Based on....?

Not meaning to sound so pessimistic but we've signed a couple of conference players, a forward who was released by Dundee, a youth from Celtic and a cb who was part of some shocking defensive performances last season.Not exactly the most exciting signings and looking at what we started last season with we have a far weaker squad now and even with another 2/3 signings it'll be no stronger than what we had last season.Not saying we'll be relegated but a top half finish is pretty optimistic in my opinion.

Most exciting pre season in years apparently ...

Goalkeeper - yes no argument there for me.

Centre Back - last season we had a choice of 5 (McManus, O'Brien, Laing, Kerr or Ramsden). This year we have a choice of 2 or possibly 3 - one more needed.

Central Midfield - given Las's age and our goals against tally we need another defensive midfielder. I'm not convinced of Jack Leitch.

All good points, but also Baraclough might believe that one or two of our youths can fill in some of them roles.

On the question of youth, when was the last time we had a keeper come through our ranks and make a stand for no1.

I would imagine that we have been somewhat strategic in our choice of frendlies this close season. I wouldnt be surprised to see 1 or 2 loanees coming from Herenveen or B MGb after we play them.

We do really need a GK, Centre Half, Centre Mid, Attacking Mid/ Striker though.

Cover at RB and on the wings (as I said a few posts earlier) would also be welcome (perhaps coming as the loan signings).

Someone with a little flash of quality in amongst that would be very welcome (McDonald).

We will still see at least 4/5 new faces.

Woods came from Preston I'm sure for about 50k although I'm sure he played with a Scottish team before them. I'll say clydebank but that might be in my head because of his impressive showing on the wing against them in the league cup!

I am sure it was Clydebank Woods played for

I would imagine that we have been somewhat strategic in our choice of frendlies this close season. I wouldnt be surprised to see 1 or 2 loanees coming from Herenveen or B MGb after we play them.

We do really need a GK, Centre Half, Centre Mid, Attacking Mid/ Striker though.

Cover at RB and on the wings (as I said a few posts earlier) would also be welcome (perhaps coming as the loan signings).

Someone with a little flash of quality in amongst that would be very welcome (McDonald).

We will still see at least 4/5 new faces.

Couldn't agree more with that post