2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

It was Clydebank Woods played winger against.....

That's right Rickoza - but according to Wikipedia (I know accuracy isn't always it's greatest attribute), he also played for them 57 times prior to moving to PNE, from where we got him.

EDIT - Clydebank FC official website records 65 appearances, from 1991 to 1994.

• Like 2

With this keep chat, am I alone in being intrigued how Alan Martin will do this year?

It seems about a million years ago he sacked us for Leeds, but was he not quite highly rated?

O'Brien,Cummins and Ramsden are not a significant loss. Laing shows promise with a little polishing. I would've happily retained Kerr, he had bulked up noticeably and played well at centre half on the small number of occasions he got a start.

Keeper is a number one priority, another centre half with decent experience would help

Midfield playmaker???

Assuming 4 -4-2 then are we only gonna start either Pearson or Lasley, not both. Conor Grant had an impressive youth record, but playing him wide did nothing for anybody. In the final league games and the last of his loan spell he , perhaps understandably, showed no appetite whatsoever for commiting himself to tackles. Not for me thanks

Remember how we played after the January window we were really promising and got 26 points .

Why do people want another right back? We have four players who's best position is right back.....

Yes we may have 4 on paper but are any of them even lower Premiership standard (I mean by that 8-10th place). I exclude Luke Watt from that number BTW, as he has still to develop. Craig Reid's position is unknown and I rate Josh Law as being a good Championship standard at best.

With this keep chat, am I alone in being intrigued how Alan Martin will do this year?

It seems about a million years ago he sacked us for Leeds, but was he not quite highly rated?

Its been years and years since we brought on a decent goalie through our youth ranks. Alan Martin was highly rated by himself. No harm to the lad but he was a great rush to get on and by moving early his career seemed to nosedive. As far as I know he's had a load of clubs without settling anywhere. Hopefully he'll get back on the rails at NDP but not perform against us. A classic lesson to promising young footballers not to move on too early.

4 years at Leeds and never played once. 26 and been pissing about at Aldershot and Clyde and the like.

Fair to say he won't be getting work as a careers advisor when he retires.

• Like 1

Its been years and years since we brought on a decent goalie through our youth ranks. Alan Martin was highly rated by himself. No harm to the lad but he was a great rush to get on and by moving early his career seemed to nosedive. As far as I know he's had a load of clubs without settling anywhere. Hopefully he'll get back on the rails at NDP but not perform against us. A classic lesson to promising young footballers not to move on too early.

Fair enough, really. I was surprised to find he was still in his mid twenties, as it seems like an age ago he left. Just curious, really.

I think it was a cup game. At the time 3 subs were allowed. we had used both outfield subs when someone else got injured. although Woods was the sub goalie he came on for the injured player and played on the wing. I could, however, be totally wrong about this.

Based on....?

Not meaning to sound so pessimistic but we've signed a couple of conference players, a forward who was released by Dundee, a youth from Celtic and a cb who was part of some shocking defensive performances last season.Not exactly the most exciting signings and looking at what we started last season with we have a far weaker squad now and even with another 2/3 signings it'll be no stronger than what we had last season.Not saying we'll be relegated but a top half finish is pretty optimistic in my opinion.

Based on gut feeling. Same as anyone else proffering an opinion on how we will do this season without having seen us play. Our form after the window last season was mid table and we have cut away a lot of the deadwood and are pursuing largely younger players with something to prove who will be somewhat unknown to the others in the league. I would expect that to give is a bounce going into the new season but it still depends on who else we bring in. The signs at the moment are positive. However, I did think Vigurs was going to be a player for us.......

• Like 1

I think it was a cup game. At the time 3 subs were allowed. we had used both outfield subs when someone else got injured. although Woods was the sub goalie he came on for the injured player and played on the wing. I could, however, be totally wrong about this.

Bang on - think it was actually a league cup tie (might even have gone to penalties - though don't quote me). Do remember it being a scorcher and sitting out on the open terracing behind the goals at Kilbowie.

Pretty sure it was the day van der gaag got a bad knee injury. It was a warm day that day and quite a few were lying on the terracing sunbathing rather than watching the game. Memory sketchy but sure we won in extra time or penalties

Pretty sure it was the day van der gaag got a bad knee injury. It was a warm day that day and quite a few were lying on the terracing sunbathing rather than watching the game. Memory sketchy but sure we won in extra time or penalties

Correct it was Mitchell Van Der Gaag that go injured, Woods played on the wing, it was very sunny and we won on pens.

Yes we may have 4 on paper but are any of them even lower Premiership standard (I mean by that 8-10th place). I exclude Luke Watt from that number BTW, as he has still to develop. Craig Reid's position is unknown and I rate Josh Law as being a good Championship standard at best.

I consider Josh Law a very steady right back and I think he done very well when moved there last season, after showing more endeavour than quality when played in midfield. I'd quite like to see Watt given a chance as our second choice right back as I think he showed great promise when he played on the wrong side last season.

I'm not a Reid fan, but wasting a wage on a right back when you have the above two plus him is madness. If both right backs were injured- I wouldn't be devastated at having to use Reid for a short time.

Add to that, rate him or not, we have given Ferguson a new deal and although a midfielder, Cadden played his first full season in the 20s at right back.

It's the area in the squad that we have the most depth. When you have more right backs who have appeared in the first team than you do central midfielders then I think signing a right back is way, way down on the list of priorities.

• Like 2

4 years at Leeds and never played once. 26 and been pissing about at Aldershot and Clyde and the like.

Fair to say he won't be getting work as a careers advisor when he retires.

I dunno, if I could make as much in four years as he probably did at Leeds for doing next to nothing, I'd be well up for it.

Correct it was Mitchell Van Der Gaag that go injured, Woods played on the wing, it was very sunny and we won on pens.

Remember it well. Was a couple of days before we went to play MyPa-47 in the return leg. Scorching hot day, Van Der Gaag broke his leg and on came Woods as a right-winger. Did very well as it happens. Won on penalties.

He'll sit on the Accies bench this year

Remember it well. Was a couple of days before we went to play MyPa-47 in the return leg. Scorching hot day, Van Der Gaag broke his leg and on came Woods as a right-winger. Did very well as it happens. Won on penalties.

I recall Andy Roddie performing like Ronaldo that day as well, skinning full backs and firing in good crosses!! Finest 30 minutes of his career!!

I also was sick with Sunstroke for a couple of days afterward, those were the days when my moobs were not fully formed and taps aff was acceptable!!

I dunno, if I could make as much in four years as he probably did at Leeds for doing next to nothing, I'd be well up for it.

Compared to working in an office (or other "normal" job) perhaps, but In the context of his own industry his career choices have been an absolute disaster.