2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

How many close seasons is that you've posted that same thing about Lasley now Dave? ;)

apparently not dynamic enough!

I've read "Lasley isn't getting any younger" for about 4 pre-seasons now.

maybe so, but those at the club and other players (who I am guessing know more than us) continue to say he is one of the fittest at the club, leading training sessions from the front

No-one else is handsome enough to overtake him.

With Ramsden, Lawson, Vigurs, Big Handsome all away in addition to those who left this time last year, we better start signing some lookers otherwise we will have to change our name back from Motherwell Football & Aesthetic Club.

• Like 1

It's like the old Mitch Hedberg joke:

"Someone handed me a picture and said 'this is a picture of me when I was younger"

And I said "Every picture of you is when you were younger"

• Like 4

Lasley had a huge period of ineffective and poor play last season. But, we had no one better to come in. We do need to start planning for a replacement very soon. Maybe Pearson is that guy with someone else coming in to do the attacking stuff.

Lasley had a huge period of ineffective and poor play last season. But, we had no one better to come in. We do need to start planning for a replacement very soon. Maybe Pearson is that guy with someone else coming in to do the attacking stuff.

It took him until about November to get match fit last season.

Hopefully he's taking better care of himself this summer.

Bang on - think it was actually a league cup tie (might even have gone to penalties - though don't quote me). Do remember it being a scorcher and sitting out on the open terracing behind the goals at Kilbowie.

Don't think anyone has actually mentioned that he was rank rotten outfield. Even worse than as a goalie, hard as that is to believe. Would've been better asking for a volunteer from the terracing tbh

One of the worst keepers I've ever seen at Motherwell, he's the only goalie I've ever saw who when on a one to one with a striker, he made himself smaller. He picks up the bronze medal behind John Gardiner and Lee Hollis.

Really hope we get a decent keeper signed up soon, Long done enough for me in those play offs to show he has something!!

• Like 1

While I'm a fan of blooding young players, I'm never quite so sure about young keepers. They seem to develop at a different speed and it's rare to find an exception. The only one that springs to mind was Richard Wright at Ipswich. Terrific goalie when he was a teenager, but you could argue that affected his later career when he seemed to go off the boil.

Don't think anyone has actually mentioned that he was rank rotten outfield. Even worse than as a goalie, hard as that is to believe. Would've been better asking for a volunteer from the terracing tbh

He did a mazy run down the wing that woke the crowd up though. Pretty much the first time the crowd woke up all afternoon. Was a rank rotten game.

Makes you wonder how much we paid for Louis (Ted) Moult when you read this excerpt from local paper quoting the very lad:

For a club of Wrexham’s size, it was a massive bid and I don’t blame them for accepting. It’s the sort of money that can do a lot for a non-league club.

Also said he is looking forward to playing in front of 7000 - might be in for a surprise on that front :spiteful:

Makes you wonder how much we paid for Louis (Ted) Moult when you read this excerpt from local paper quoting the very lad:

For a club of Wrexham’s size, it was a massive bid and I don’t blame them for accepting. It’s the sort of money that can do a lot for a non-league club.

Also said he is looking forward to playing in front of 7000 - might be in for a surprise on that front :spiteful:

I think he's watched the play off game and thinks our crowd must be the norm!! Pretty sure Wrexham is a bigger place than Motherwell and their average attendance is between 4-7k. sounds a bit familiar.

While I'm a fan of blooding young players, I'm never quite so sure about young keepers. They seem to develop at a different speed and it's rare to find an exception. The only one that springs to mind was Richard Wright at Ipswich. Terrific goalie when he was a teenager, but you could argue that affected his later career when he seemed to go off the boil.

The exception that springs to mind for me is our very own Keith McRae wasn;lt he playing in goals for us at 17 or 18 and doing a great job!

The exception that springs to mind for me is our very own Keith McRae wasn;lt he playing in goals for us at 17 or 18 and doing a great job!

That's true - but sadly, due to a poor choice of subsequent employer, we'll never know how that early rise to prominence affected his later career.